In May, I'm bringing my husband on a dream trip for his 40th b-day. Five night in London, then a Ryanair flight to Pula in Croatia. We are meeting some friends there and rented a villa for the week.
What comes after is a bit less planned. We are thinking of driving to spend one night in Ljubliana, and a then 3-4 nights in the general Julian Alps region (Bled, etc.).
We are flying back from Venice on the 22nd and want to spend 2 or 3 nights there.
Here are my questions:
Should we drive from Bled to Venice or leave the car in Ljubliana and take the train? I guess there is a rental car drop-off at the train station there?
How would you split 7 nights between Slovenia and Venice?
Thanks for all your input.
Cheers from Montréal!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 2 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 3 Sentimental Journey
- 4 A few last minute questions
- 5 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 6 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 7 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 8 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 9 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 10 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 11 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 12 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 13 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 14 Stay away from EF Tours
- 15 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 16 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 17 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 18 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 19 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 20 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 21 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 22 Antwerp Tram
- 23 Trip report European honeymoon
- 24 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 25 Day trip from Split to Hvar - to Stari Grad or Hvar City?