In May, I'm bringing my husband on a dream trip for his 40th b-day. Five night in London, then a Ryanair flight to Pula in Croatia. We are meeting some friends there and rented a villa for the week.
What comes after is a bit less planned. We are thinking of driving to spend one night in Ljubliana, and a then 3-4 nights in the general Julian Alps region (Bled, etc.).
We are flying back from Venice on the 22nd and want to spend 2 or 3 nights there.
Here are my questions:
Should we drive from Bled to Venice or leave the car in Ljubliana and take the train? I guess there is a rental car drop-off at the train station there?
How would you split 7 nights between Slovenia and Venice?
Thanks for all your input.
Cheers from Montréal!
Dream trip to come... Only a few details to iron out...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 2 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 3 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 4 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 5 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 6 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 7 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 8 Madrid and London
- 9 3 weeks in Europe
- 10 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 11 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 12 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 13 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 14 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 15 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 16 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 17 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 18 Question for best Town to base for touring the Amalfi Coast
- 19 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 20 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 21 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 22 What to wear
- 23 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 24 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 25 Escorted Tours to Europe from UK to Dordogne Valley, France