In May, I'm bringing my husband on a dream trip for his 40th b-day. Five night in London, then a Ryanair flight to Pula in Croatia. We are meeting some friends there and rented a villa for the week.
What comes after is a bit less planned. We are thinking of driving to spend one night in Ljubliana, and a then 3-4 nights in the general Julian Alps region (Bled, etc.).
We are flying back from Venice on the 22nd and want to spend 2 or 3 nights there.
Here are my questions:
Should we drive from Bled to Venice or leave the car in Ljubliana and take the train? I guess there is a rental car drop-off at the train station there?
How would you split 7 nights between Slovenia and Venice?
Thanks for all your input.
Cheers from Montréal!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Killarney
- 2 Italian car factory tours
- 3 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 4 Ireland
- 5 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 8 Prague itinerary advice
- 9 Self drive tour companies
- 10 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 11 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 12 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 13 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 14 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 17 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 18 10 day Italy
- 19 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 20 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 21 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 22 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 France, UK and Ireland
- 25 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?