In May, I'm bringing my husband on a dream trip for his 40th b-day. Five night in London, then a Ryanair flight to Pula in Croatia. We are meeting some friends there and rented a villa for the week.
What comes after is a bit less planned. We are thinking of driving to spend one night in Ljubliana, and a then 3-4 nights in the general Julian Alps region (Bled, etc.).
We are flying back from Venice on the 22nd and want to spend 2 or 3 nights there.
Here are my questions:
Should we drive from Bled to Venice or leave the car in Ljubliana and take the train? I guess there is a rental car drop-off at the train station there?
How would you split 7 nights between Slovenia and Venice?
Thanks for all your input.
Cheers from Montréal!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 2 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 3 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 4 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 5 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 6 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 7 8 days in Vienna in December
- 8 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 9 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 10 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 11 Car rental leaving Rome
- 12 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 13 Christmas Market and Parking
- 14 Paris Under Seige...
- 15 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 16 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 17 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 18 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 19 Advices about our itiniary
- 20 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 21 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 22 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 23 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 24 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 25 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe