In May, I'm bringing my husband on a dream trip for his 40th b-day. Five night in London, then a Ryanair flight to Pula in Croatia. We are meeting some friends there and rented a villa for the week.
What comes after is a bit less planned. We are thinking of driving to spend one night in Ljubliana, and a then 3-4 nights in the general Julian Alps region (Bled, etc.).
We are flying back from Venice on the 22nd and want to spend 2 or 3 nights there.
Here are my questions:
Should we drive from Bled to Venice or leave the car in Ljubliana and take the train? I guess there is a rental car drop-off at the train station there?
How would you split 7 nights between Slovenia and Venice?
Thanks for all your input.
Cheers from Montréal!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland and Germany, late Oct.-Nov trip, need feedback!
- 2 Istanbul: Where to buy well-made slippers in Sultanahmet (Arasta...)?
- 3 5 Days in Corsica
- 4 Cork or Galway?
- 5 French lavender and cottages
- 6 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 7 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 8 Barcelona completely overrated
- 9 3 days to spend in europe
- 10 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 11 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 12 Seville in late January
- 13 Geneva Airport Arrival
- 14 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 15 My 3 Week Home Exchange in Iceland
- 16 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 17 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 18 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 19 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 20 Italy in October
- 21 Well, I'm always warning people
- 22 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 23 Guides - Matera
- 24 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 25 Travel to Karlsrhue