In May, I'm bringing my husband on a dream trip for his 40th b-day. Five night in London, then a Ryanair flight to Pula in Croatia. We are meeting some friends there and rented a villa for the week.
What comes after is a bit less planned. We are thinking of driving to spend one night in Ljubliana, and a then 3-4 nights in the general Julian Alps region (Bled, etc.).
We are flying back from Venice on the 22nd and want to spend 2 or 3 nights there.
Here are my questions:
Should we drive from Bled to Venice or leave the car in Ljubliana and take the train? I guess there is a rental car drop-off at the train station there?
How would you split 7 nights between Slovenia and Venice?
Thanks for all your input.
Cheers from Montréal!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 2 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 3 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 4 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 5 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 6 Andalucia Spain
- 7 Going to Paris for one day
- 8 Valencia Spain
- 9 Rome Water Shortage
- 10 Europe for Beginners
- 11 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 12 Getting around London
- 13 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 14 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 15 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 16 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 17 WWI sites
- 18 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 19 Visiting Zurich
- 20 Lake Como,Italy
- 21 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 24 13 nights in switzerland
- 25 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted