In May, I'm bringing my husband on a dream trip for his 40th b-day. Five night in London, then a Ryanair flight to Pula in Croatia. We are meeting some friends there and rented a villa for the week.
What comes after is a bit less planned. We are thinking of driving to spend one night in Ljubliana, and a then 3-4 nights in the general Julian Alps region (Bled, etc.).
We are flying back from Venice on the 22nd and want to spend 2 or 3 nights there.
Here are my questions:
Should we drive from Bled to Venice or leave the car in Ljubliana and take the train? I guess there is a rental car drop-off at the train station there?
How would you split 7 nights between Slovenia and Venice?
Thanks for all your input.
Cheers from Montréal!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 2 Sim Card
- 3 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 4 SE ITALY
- 5 Transport for local Venice travel
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 Borghese Gallery Question
- 11 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 12 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 18 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 19 Towns around Lucca
- 20 Cork questions
- 21 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 22 Italy Vacation
- 23 Stu Tower
- 24 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 25 La Coruna or Santiago or both?