In May, I'm bringing my husband on a dream trip for his 40th b-day. Five night in London, then a Ryanair flight to Pula in Croatia. We are meeting some friends there and rented a villa for the week.
What comes after is a bit less planned. We are thinking of driving to spend one night in Ljubliana, and a then 3-4 nights in the general Julian Alps region (Bled, etc.).
We are flying back from Venice on the 22nd and want to spend 2 or 3 nights there.
Here are my questions:
Should we drive from Bled to Venice or leave the car in Ljubliana and take the train? I guess there is a rental car drop-off at the train station there?
How would you split 7 nights between Slovenia and Venice?
Thanks for all your input.
Cheers from Montréal!
Dream trip to come... Only a few details to iron out...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 2 trip to norway
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 5 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 6 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 7 My notes on Greece 101
- 8 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 9 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 10 Where to go in France mid July?
- 11 Help with England/Wales tour
- 12 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 13 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 14 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 15 Is Venice really dirty?
- 16 Cotswold Churches
- 17 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 18 Best beach town in Italy?
- 19 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 20 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 21 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 22 Italy and Croatia
- 23 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 24 Five nights in Extremadura
- 25 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary