In May, I'm bringing my husband on a dream trip for his 40th b-day. Five night in London, then a Ryanair flight to Pula in Croatia. We are meeting some friends there and rented a villa for the week.
What comes after is a bit less planned. We are thinking of driving to spend one night in Ljubliana, and a then 3-4 nights in the general Julian Alps region (Bled, etc.).
We are flying back from Venice on the 22nd and want to spend 2 or 3 nights there.
Here are my questions:
Should we drive from Bled to Venice or leave the car in Ljubliana and take the train? I guess there is a rental car drop-off at the train station there?
How would you split 7 nights between Slovenia and Venice?
Thanks for all your input.
Cheers from Montréal!
Dream trip to come... Only a few details to iron out...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 2 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 3 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 4 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 hotels in Seville
- 6 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 7 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 8 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 9 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 10 A drive in Europe
- 11 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 12 Prague - Tram #22
- 13 nearby cities to london
- 14 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 15 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 16 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 17 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 18 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 19 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 20 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 21 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 22 Porto -City Break
- 23 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 24 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 25 7 days in Greece