In May, I'm bringing my husband on a dream trip for his 40th b-day. Five night in London, then a Ryanair flight to Pula in Croatia. We are meeting some friends there and rented a villa for the week.
What comes after is a bit less planned. We are thinking of driving to spend one night in Ljubliana, and a then 3-4 nights in the general Julian Alps region (Bled, etc.).
We are flying back from Venice on the 22nd and want to spend 2 or 3 nights there.
Here are my questions:
Should we drive from Bled to Venice or leave the car in Ljubliana and take the train? I guess there is a rental car drop-off at the train station there?
How would you split 7 nights between Slovenia and Venice?
Thanks for all your input.
Cheers from Montréal!
Dream trip to come... Only a few details to iron out...
- 1 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 2 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 3 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 4 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 5 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 6 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 7 First time traveler to Ireland
- 8 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 11 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 12 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 13 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 14 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 15 Prague - must see
- 16 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 17 Spain - Andalucia
- 18 Car in Prague
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 21 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 22 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 23 Lucerne & Zurich
- 24 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 25 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip