In May, I'm bringing my husband on a dream trip for his 40th b-day. Five night in London, then a Ryanair flight to Pula in Croatia. We are meeting some friends there and rented a villa for the week.
What comes after is a bit less planned. We are thinking of driving to spend one night in Ljubliana, and a then 3-4 nights in the general Julian Alps region (Bled, etc.).
We are flying back from Venice on the 22nd and want to spend 2 or 3 nights there.
Here are my questions:
Should we drive from Bled to Venice or leave the car in Ljubliana and take the train? I guess there is a rental car drop-off at the train station there?
How would you split 7 nights between Slovenia and Venice?
Thanks for all your input.
Cheers from Montréal!
Dream trip to come... Only a few details to iron out...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 21 Days in Central Europe
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 4 London visit
- 5 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 6 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 7 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 8 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 9 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 10 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 11 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 12 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 13 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 14 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 15 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 16 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 17 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 18 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 19 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 20 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 21 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 22 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 23 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 24 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 25 Venice canal boats--best deals?