In May, I'm bringing my husband on a dream trip for his 40th b-day. Five night in London, then a Ryanair flight to Pula in Croatia. We are meeting some friends there and rented a villa for the week.
What comes after is a bit less planned. We are thinking of driving to spend one night in Ljubliana, and a then 3-4 nights in the general Julian Alps region (Bled, etc.).
We are flying back from Venice on the 22nd and want to spend 2 or 3 nights there.
Here are my questions:
Should we drive from Bled to Venice or leave the car in Ljubliana and take the train? I guess there is a rental car drop-off at the train station there?
How would you split 7 nights between Slovenia and Venice?
Thanks for all your input.
Cheers from Montréal!
Dream trip to come... Only a few details to iron out...
- 1 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 2 first european holiday itinery
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 Car in Prague
- 6 Family European winter holiday
- 7 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 8 Planning a holiday
- 9 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 10 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 13 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 14 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 17 Traveling within Italy
- 18 Which travel plan?
- 19 London for Christmas
- 20 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 21 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 22 Travel by train or bus
- 23 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 24 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 25 Scandinavia Itinerary