Here is my first rough draft of my first trip to Europe. Please, I don't need to hear any negative comments about how rush my trip is and the number of days I am spending in each city. I just need your input on what I have down for sightseeing so far and recommendations. Also, advice on cheap eats will be nice!
Thank you everyone, I truly appreciate your help
Amsterdam arrive at 9:35 am (I'm coming from Stockholm)
Staying in Jordaan
Anne Frank Museum € 9.50 c/u. 5pm entrance
Red line district- visit at night
June 29 –
Rent a bike if possible
Dam Square- Royal Palace
Leave to Central Station leave at 2pm (train to Paris 3:30 hours)
Paris arrive at 5:30pm
Staying in 6th arr. near Luxembourg garden
Seinne river cruise –last one at 10:30pm
Latin quarter if not too late
Notre Dame cathedral early morning
Arc de Triomphe
Eiffel tower-tickets in advance for evening
visit parks and gardens such as Tuileries and Luxembourg
stroll around the Marais district
Stroll around and lunch
Leave for Orly aiport, flight is at 645pm
Arrive at San Marco airport at 8:20pm
Take boat to island
San Marco sq and Basilica
Leave to Rome in train in the morning
Arrive in Termini station (~1:10pm)
Staying near Pantheon
Panteon-free no tickets
Colessum at night tour at 8:20 pm
Coliseo/Roman Forum/ Palatine Hill
Lunch along Tiber River
Campo di Fiori-market square
Piazza del Popolo
Vatican museum, St Peters and Sistine Chapel
Scavi Tour at 2:15pm---(reserved)
Night walk Trevi Fountain
Night walk Spanish steps
Santa Maria Trastevere
Piazza del Campidoglio
Leave to airport. Flight is early 9:55am
Arrive at Barcelona at 11:40
Staying in Gothic Quarter
Plaça de Catalunya
dinner in Las Ramblas area
Camp Nou Stadium.
Montserrat Monastery- Tickets bought in advance
Magic Fountain at night
Flight back to US
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 Things to do in Brussels
- 3 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 K-Day
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 8 UK Visa Help
- 9 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 10 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 Spain in December
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 15 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 18 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 19 Cell Phone Question
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 Greek Islands (small)
- 23 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 24 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 25 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?