Here is my first rough draft of my first trip to Europe. Please, I don't need to hear any negative comments about how rush my trip is and the number of days I am spending in each city. I just need your input on what I have down for sightseeing so far and recommendations. Also, advice on cheap eats will be nice!
Thank you everyone, I truly appreciate your help
Amsterdam arrive at 9:35 am (I'm coming from Stockholm)
Staying in Jordaan
Anne Frank Museum € 9.50 c/u. 5pm entrance
Red line district- visit at night
June 29 –
Rent a bike if possible
Dam Square- Royal Palace
Leave to Central Station leave at 2pm (train to Paris 3:30 hours)
Paris arrive at 5:30pm
Staying in 6th arr. near Luxembourg garden
Seinne river cruise –last one at 10:30pm
Latin quarter if not too late
Notre Dame cathedral early morning
Arc de Triomphe
Eiffel tower-tickets in advance for evening
visit parks and gardens such as Tuileries and Luxembourg
stroll around the Marais district
Stroll around and lunch
Leave for Orly aiport, flight is at 645pm
Arrive at San Marco airport at 8:20pm
Take boat to island
San Marco sq and Basilica
Leave to Rome in train in the morning
Arrive in Termini station (~1:10pm)
Staying near Pantheon
Panteon-free no tickets
Colessum at night tour at 8:20 pm
Coliseo/Roman Forum/ Palatine Hill
Lunch along Tiber River
Campo di Fiori-market square
Piazza del Popolo
Vatican museum, St Peters and Sistine Chapel
Scavi Tour at 2:15pm---(reserved)
Night walk Trevi Fountain
Night walk Spanish steps
Santa Maria Trastevere
Piazza del Campidoglio
Leave to airport. Flight is early 9:55am
Arrive at Barcelona at 11:40
Staying in Gothic Quarter
Plaça de Catalunya
dinner in Las Ramblas area
Camp Nou Stadium.
Montserrat Monastery- Tickets bought in advance
Magic Fountain at night
Flight back to US
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SE ITALY
- 2 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 3 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 4 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 5 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 6 Helpful Hint
- 7 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 8 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 9 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 10 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 11 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 12 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 13 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 14 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 15 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 16 Croatia short sail trip
- 17 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 18 6 Days in Italy
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 Stu Tower
- 21 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 22 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 23 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 24 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each