I am disembarking from a cruise in Dover on Saturday, June 15th and have a 12:00 flight leaving Heathrow. I know that's cutting it close but flight schedules & fares left me no choice. I will only have one suitcase so will do "self-disembarkation" as close to 7:00 am as possible. I've investigated taking the fast train to St. Pancras and the tube to LHR, but it seems that will be two - three hrs in total travel time - the fast train leaves Dover Priory at 7:45. The cruise line offers a bus transfer to Heathrow that leaves the pier by 7:30 and takes 2 hours. Of course, that's 2 hours depending on traffic! My question is: on an early Saturday morning, what's the liklihood of extensive traffic delays? THanks everyone!
Dover to LHR
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 2 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 3 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 4 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 5 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 He said , she said
- 14 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 15 Munich with a car?
- 16 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 19 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Hair Straightener for Europe!