I am disembarking from a cruise in Dover on Saturday, June 15th and have a 12:00 flight leaving Heathrow. I know that's cutting it close but flight schedules & fares left me no choice. I will only have one suitcase so will do "self-disembarkation" as close to 7:00 am as possible. I've investigated taking the fast train to St. Pancras and the tube to LHR, but it seems that will be two - three hrs in total travel time - the fast train leaves Dover Priory at 7:45. The cruise line offers a bus transfer to Heathrow that leaves the pier by 7:30 and takes 2 hours. Of course, that's 2 hours depending on traffic! My question is: on an early Saturday morning, what's the liklihood of extensive traffic delays? THanks everyone!
Dover to LHR
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 3 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 4 Rome---August and September
- 5 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 6 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 7 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 8 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 9 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 10 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 11 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 12 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 13 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 14 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 15 Moving to Belfast
- 16 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 17 4-6 weeks
- 18 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 19 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 20 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 21 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 22 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 23 Dresden or Leipzig
- 24 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 25 Why don't the French use shower curtains