I am disembarking from a cruise in Dover on Saturday, June 15th and have a 12:00 flight leaving Heathrow. I know that's cutting it close but flight schedules & fares left me no choice. I will only have one suitcase so will do "self-disembarkation" as close to 7:00 am as possible. I've investigated taking the fast train to St. Pancras and the tube to LHR, but it seems that will be two - three hrs in total travel time - the fast train leaves Dover Priory at 7:45. The cruise line offers a bus transfer to Heathrow that leaves the pier by 7:30 and takes 2 hours. Of course, that's 2 hours depending on traffic! My question is: on an early Saturday morning, what's the liklihood of extensive traffic delays? THanks everyone!
Dover to LHR
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 2 Paris in black and white
- 3 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 4 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 5 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 6 First Trip to Europe
- 7 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 8 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 9 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 10 Need help with itinerary
- 11 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 12 Where to rent a house for 1 or 2 months during summer in Europe
- 13 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 14 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 15 Grad Schools in London?
- 16 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 17 Cotswolds first time
- 18 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 19 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 20 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 21 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 22 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 23 Ireland or Scotland
- 24 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 25 From Denver to Virtuous