Since i enjoyed my trip to Mendoza last January so much, i decided to visit Douro Valley next October, during my visit to Porto. Well, i don't plan to rent a car and a guided tour sounds too expensive for me, so i'm planning to do this day-trip by my own.
Here it follows:
1. Leave Porto early in the morning and head my way to Pocinhos by train, since everyone says its such a lovely journey.
2. Return to Pinhão station. Visit a Vineyard and make my way back to Porto.
Well, here's the thing: I was searching for vineyards/quintas nearby Pinhão's station, and i happened to find Quinta de la Rosa, a 3km distance. Wonderful, i thought. Well, i decided to simulate this walking tour on Google Maps and i realized that the way til the Quinta is a road, without any pedestrian walk. Quite dangerous, huh?
Here are my questions:
- Are there cabs in Pinhão railway station, so i can get to the Quintas safely?
- Is it really rough to make this by foot?
- Are there another Vineyard with a nice view AND walking distance from the station? i don't bother if it is in Pinhão, Regua or anywhere else around, i just wanna feel the experience.
- It's harvest time, right? Is there any special event on the surrounds, in order to celebrate?
i would thank you all so much for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 2 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 3 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 6 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 7 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 8 Private Guide in Lyon
- 9 13 nights in switzerland
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 London Theater
- 12 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 13 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 14 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 15 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 16 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 19 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 20 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Last minute trip to Capri
- 23 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 24 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 25 3 nights in the 10th Paris