Since i enjoyed my trip to Mendoza last January so much, i decided to visit Douro Valley next October, during my visit to Porto. Well, i don't plan to rent a car and a guided tour sounds too expensive for me, so i'm planning to do this day-trip by my own.
Here it follows:
1. Leave Porto early in the morning and head my way to Pocinhos by train, since everyone says its such a lovely journey.
2. Return to Pinhão station. Visit a Vineyard and make my way back to Porto.
Well, here's the thing: I was searching for vineyards/quintas nearby Pinhão's station, and i happened to find Quinta de la Rosa, a 3km distance. Wonderful, i thought. Well, i decided to simulate this walking tour on Google Maps and i realized that the way til the Quinta is a road, without any pedestrian walk. Quite dangerous, huh?
Here are my questions:
- Are there cabs in Pinhão railway station, so i can get to the Quintas safely?
- Is it really rough to make this by foot?
- Are there another Vineyard with a nice view AND walking distance from the station? i don't bother if it is in Pinhão, Regua or anywhere else around, i just wanna feel the experience.
- It's harvest time, right? Is there any special event on the surrounds, in order to celebrate?
i would thank you all so much for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland france spain
- 2 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 3 Trip Report to Bordeaux, Sarlat-la-Canéda, and Albi
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 Help on ancient history route
- 6 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 7 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 8 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 9 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 10 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 11 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 12 Top Tapas Tascas
- 13 Iceland car rental agencies
- 14 Amalfi coast in august
- 15 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Venice? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 16 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 17 Greece
- 18 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 19 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 20 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 21 Hiking lake Como
- 22 Prem fares (again)
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train