Since i enjoyed my trip to Mendoza last January so much, i decided to visit Douro Valley next October, during my visit to Porto. Well, i don't plan to rent a car and a guided tour sounds too expensive for me, so i'm planning to do this day-trip by my own.
Here it follows:
1. Leave Porto early in the morning and head my way to Pocinhos by train, since everyone says its such a lovely journey.
2. Return to Pinhão station. Visit a Vineyard and make my way back to Porto.
Well, here's the thing: I was searching for vineyards/quintas nearby Pinhão's station, and i happened to find Quinta de la Rosa, a 3km distance. Wonderful, i thought. Well, i decided to simulate this walking tour on Google Maps and i realized that the way til the Quinta is a road, without any pedestrian walk. Quite dangerous, huh?
Here are my questions:
- Are there cabs in Pinhão railway station, so i can get to the Quintas safely?
- Is it really rough to make this by foot?
- Are there another Vineyard with a nice view AND walking distance from the station? i don't bother if it is in Pinhão, Regua or anywhere else around, i just wanna feel the experience.
- It's harvest time, right? Is there any special event on the surrounds, in order to celebrate?
i would thank you all so much for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 2 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 3 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 4 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 5 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 6 free international phone calls
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 9 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 10 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 13 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 16 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 17 France Study Abroad
- 18 Paris and Normandy
- 19 Sicily Beach Resort
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 22 Two days in Rome
- 23 Classical Tour of Albania
- 24 First visit to London
- 25 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see