Since i enjoyed my trip to Mendoza last January so much, i decided to visit Douro Valley next October, during my visit to Porto. Well, i don't plan to rent a car and a guided tour sounds too expensive for me, so i'm planning to do this day-trip by my own.
Here it follows:
1. Leave Porto early in the morning and head my way to Pocinhos by train, since everyone says its such a lovely journey.
2. Return to Pinhão station. Visit a Vineyard and make my way back to Porto.
Well, here's the thing: I was searching for vineyards/quintas nearby Pinhão's station, and i happened to find Quinta de la Rosa, a 3km distance. Wonderful, i thought. Well, i decided to simulate this walking tour on Google Maps and i realized that the way til the Quinta is a road, without any pedestrian walk. Quite dangerous, huh?
Here are my questions:
- Are there cabs in Pinhão railway station, so i can get to the Quintas safely?
- Is it really rough to make this by foot?
- Are there another Vineyard with a nice view AND walking distance from the station? i don't bother if it is in Pinhão, Regua or anywhere else around, i just wanna feel the experience.
- It's harvest time, right? Is there any special event on the surrounds, in order to celebrate?
i would thank you all so much for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 2 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 5 3 weeks in Spain
- 6 4 days itinerary for France
- 7 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 8 Rent a car in England
- 9 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 10 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 11 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 12 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 15 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2017 Easter in Italy
- 18 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 19 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 20 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 21 Edinburgh to Skye
- 22 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 23 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 24 Croatia transportation question.
- 25 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport