Since i enjoyed my trip to Mendoza last January so much, i decided to visit Douro Valley next October, during my visit to Porto. Well, i don't plan to rent a car and a guided tour sounds too expensive for me, so i'm planning to do this day-trip by my own.
Here it follows:
1. Leave Porto early in the morning and head my way to Pocinhos by train, since everyone says its such a lovely journey.
2. Return to Pinhão station. Visit a Vineyard and make my way back to Porto.
Well, here's the thing: I was searching for vineyards/quintas nearby Pinhão's station, and i happened to find Quinta de la Rosa, a 3km distance. Wonderful, i thought. Well, i decided to simulate this walking tour on Google Maps and i realized that the way til the Quinta is a road, without any pedestrian walk. Quite dangerous, huh?
Here are my questions:
- Are there cabs in Pinhão railway station, so i can get to the Quintas safely?
- Is it really rough to make this by foot?
- Are there another Vineyard with a nice view AND walking distance from the station? i don't bother if it is in Pinhão, Regua or anywhere else around, i just wanna feel the experience.
- It's harvest time, right? Is there any special event on the surrounds, in order to celebrate?
i would thank you all so much for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Electrical Power Conversion
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Douro Valley in January?
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 8 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 14 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 15 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 16 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 17 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 20 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 21 Spanish Medical Providers
- 22 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 23 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 24 Barcelona alternative
- 25 wondering if this trip too ambitious