My wife and I, both mid 50s, are planning a holiday in Venice for 9 nights in early October. We wish to stay in a quiet area, especially at night. We are looking at a couple of options.
(i) One is at Campo Sant’ Agnese close to the Church of the Gesuati in lovely Dorsoduro.
I saw a reference to the Gesuati bells ringing. Do they ring on the hour every hour ?
Or just at set times during the day, such as maybe before mass / service times ? Do you think the bells are intrusive ?
(ii) Our other option is in San Marco. On Calle Vetturio o Falier at the junction with Calle del Frutariol, close to Campo Santo Stefano.
Is this is a quiet part of San Marco ?
Which of the above two options do you think is the most tranquil for staying at in early October ?
Many thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 2 Capri in July
- 3 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 4 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 5 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 6 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 7 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 8 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 10 help with Italy itinerary
- 11 Scotland and London 21 days
- 12 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 14 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 15 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 16 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 17 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Venice
- 20 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 21 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 22 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 23 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum