My wife and I, both mid 50s, are planning a holiday in Venice for 9 nights in early October. We wish to stay in a quiet area, especially at night. We are looking at a couple of options.
(i) One is at Campo Sant’ Agnese close to the Church of the Gesuati in lovely Dorsoduro.
I saw a reference to the Gesuati bells ringing. Do they ring on the hour every hour ?
Or just at set times during the day, such as maybe before mass / service times ? Do you think the bells are intrusive ?
(ii) Our other option is in San Marco. On Calle Vetturio o Falier at the junction with Calle del Frutariol, close to Campo Santo Stefano.
Is this is a quiet part of San Marco ?
Which of the above two options do you think is the most tranquil for staying at in early October ?
Many thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lille Braderie 2017
- 3 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 4 Thinking about the Fjords
- 5 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 6 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 7 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Uber vs. TfL
- 10 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 19 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 20 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Athens Help
- 23 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 24 Berlin -clubs
- 25 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL