My wife and I, both mid 50s, are planning a holiday in Venice for 9 nights in early October. We wish to stay in a quiet area, especially at night. We are looking at a couple of options.
(i) One is at Campo Sant’ Agnese close to the Church of the Gesuati in lovely Dorsoduro.
I saw a reference to the Gesuati bells ringing. Do they ring on the hour every hour ?
Or just at set times during the day, such as maybe before mass / service times ? Do you think the bells are intrusive ?
(ii) Our other option is in San Marco. On Calle Vetturio o Falier at the junction with Calle del Frutariol, close to Campo Santo Stefano.
Is this is a quiet part of San Marco ?
Which of the above two options do you think is the most tranquil for staying at in early October ?
Many thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 2 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 3 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 4 Southern France Small Towns for Expat Retirement
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 7 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 8 UK Theatre site won't accept US zip code
- 9 Best Greek Island
- 10 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 11 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 12 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 13 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 14 Night Bus?
- 15 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 16 Spain in November
- 17 What to chowe..Tomar, Alcobaca, Batalha
- 18 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 19 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 20 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 21 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 22 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 23 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 24 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 25 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal