My wife and I, both mid 50s, are planning a holiday in Venice for 9 nights in early October. We wish to stay in a quiet area, especially at night. We are looking at a couple of options.
(i) One is at Campo Sant’ Agnese close to the Church of the Gesuati in lovely Dorsoduro.
I saw a reference to the Gesuati bells ringing. Do they ring on the hour every hour ?
Or just at set times during the day, such as maybe before mass / service times ? Do you think the bells are intrusive ?
(ii) Our other option is in San Marco. On Calle Vetturio o Falier at the junction with Calle del Frutariol, close to Campo Santo Stefano.
Is this is a quiet part of San Marco ?
Which of the above two options do you think is the most tranquil for staying at in early October ?
Many thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 3 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 4 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 5 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 6 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 7 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 8 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 9 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 12 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 13 Super Cover For Hertz
- 14 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 15 When to Visit Scotland
- 16 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 17 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 18 Amalfi Coast help
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 Sicily
- 21 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 Where to buy Saffron?
- 25 English Countryside