My wife and I, both mid 50s, are planning a holiday in Venice for 9 nights in early October. We wish to stay in a quiet area, especially at night. We are looking at a couple of options.
(i) One is at Campo Sant’ Agnese close to the Church of the Gesuati in lovely Dorsoduro.
I saw a reference to the Gesuati bells ringing. Do they ring on the hour every hour ?
Or just at set times during the day, such as maybe before mass / service times ? Do you think the bells are intrusive ?
(ii) Our other option is in San Marco. On Calle Vetturio o Falier at the junction with Calle del Frutariol, close to Campo Santo Stefano.
Is this is a quiet part of San Marco ?
Which of the above two options do you think is the most tranquil for staying at in early October ?
Many thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 IN ALASKA SPELL FOR BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IN Alaska Juneau
- 2 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 3 credit and debit cards
- 4 Labor Day in Paris
- 5 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 6 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 7 Short Trip to Paris
- 8 Driver"s License & Language
- 9 Road trip to Spanish Pyrenees - Suggestions?
- 10 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 11 Train up the Jungfrau
- 12 3 months in Switzerland this summer, need suggestions on weekend trips
- 13 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 14 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 15 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 16 I may be wrong....
- 17 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 18 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 19 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 20 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 21 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 22 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 23 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 24 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 25 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)