This is my first forum post. My wife and I will be in Paris for a week in September on business, then will leave Paris on Saturday morning to spend another week in France. We would like to finish with 4-5 days in Nice (depart the following Sunday), and are debating between 3 days in Sarlat in the Dordogne, or ~2 days in Avignon- or possibly 2-3 days in Dijon/Burgundy- between our stays in Paris and Nice.
While all sound wonderful it seems problematic traveling to Sarlat from Paris (we would probably rent a car near Sarlat, perhaps Brive or Souillac?) and then getting to Nice from Sarlat. Is there any convenient travel to Nice from Sarlat/Brive/Souillac without driving? It seems like a long drive.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 3 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 4 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 5 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 6 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 7 Paris---baguette question???
- 8 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 9 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 10 Scenic Driving Routes
- 11 Visiting Spain in January
- 12 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 13 Flights from Croatia
- 14 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 15 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 16 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 17 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 18 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 19 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 20 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 21 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 22 Europe in late January
- 23 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 24 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 25 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?