This is my first forum post. My wife and I will be in Paris for a week in September on business, then will leave Paris on Saturday morning to spend another week in France. We would like to finish with 4-5 days in Nice (depart the following Sunday), and are debating between 3 days in Sarlat in the Dordogne, or ~2 days in Avignon- or possibly 2-3 days in Dijon/Burgundy- between our stays in Paris and Nice.
While all sound wonderful it seems problematic traveling to Sarlat from Paris (we would probably rent a car near Sarlat, perhaps Brive or Souillac?) and then getting to Nice from Sarlat. Is there any convenient travel to Nice from Sarlat/Brive/Souillac without driving? It seems like a long drive.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Dorgogne vs Avignon on the way to Nice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tour guides in rome
- 2 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 Toulouse and beyond -
- 5 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 6 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 7 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 8 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 9 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 10 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 11 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 12 Seaside island village in Greece
- 13 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 14 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 15 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 16 7 days in Greece
- 17 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 18 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 19 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 Spain itineraries
- 22 Itinerary Help!
- 23 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 24 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 25 Italy for 3 in 12 days