This is my first forum post. My wife and I will be in Paris for a week in September on business, then will leave Paris on Saturday morning to spend another week in France. We would like to finish with 4-5 days in Nice (depart the following Sunday), and are debating between 3 days in Sarlat in the Dordogne, or ~2 days in Avignon- or possibly 2-3 days in Dijon/Burgundy- between our stays in Paris and Nice.
While all sound wonderful it seems problematic traveling to Sarlat from Paris (we would probably rent a car near Sarlat, perhaps Brive or Souillac?) and then getting to Nice from Sarlat. Is there any convenient travel to Nice from Sarlat/Brive/Souillac without driving? It seems like a long drive.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Dorgogne vs Avignon on the way to Nice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 2 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 3 Is this realistic... advice?
- 4 Satnav maps update
- 5 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 6 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 7 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 8 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 9 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 10 Greece after the Vote
- 11 rail pass
- 12 France to Italy advice needed please
- 13 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 14 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 15 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 16 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 17 Spanish Music
- 18 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 19 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 20 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 21 3 days Vienna. Is Melk Worth it?
- 22 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 23 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland