This is my first forum post. My wife and I will be in Paris for a week in September on business, then will leave Paris on Saturday morning to spend another week in France. We would like to finish with 4-5 days in Nice (depart the following Sunday), and are debating between 3 days in Sarlat in the Dordogne, or ~2 days in Avignon- or possibly 2-3 days in Dijon/Burgundy- between our stays in Paris and Nice.
While all sound wonderful it seems problematic traveling to Sarlat from Paris (we would probably rent a car near Sarlat, perhaps Brive or Souillac?) and then getting to Nice from Sarlat. Is there any convenient travel to Nice from Sarlat/Brive/Souillac without driving? It seems like a long drive.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions about Polish sights
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Italy
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 13 Revised itinerary for italy
- 14 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 15 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 16 Biarritz family holiday
- 17 Lisbon hotel
- 18 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 4 Days in Tuscany
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days