This is my first forum post. My wife and I will be in Paris for a week in September on business, then will leave Paris on Saturday morning to spend another week in France. We would like to finish with 4-5 days in Nice (depart the following Sunday), and are debating between 3 days in Sarlat in the Dordogne, or ~2 days in Avignon- or possibly 2-3 days in Dijon/Burgundy- between our stays in Paris and Nice.
While all sound wonderful it seems problematic traveling to Sarlat from Paris (we would probably rent a car near Sarlat, perhaps Brive or Souillac?) and then getting to Nice from Sarlat. Is there any convenient travel to Nice from Sarlat/Brive/Souillac without driving? It seems like a long drive.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 2 London 6 day itinerary
- 3 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 4 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 5 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 8 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 9 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 10 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 11 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 12 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 13 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 14 Sim Cards
- 15 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 16 London in Winter Report
- 17 Portugal rental car
- 18 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 19 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 20 IWM
- 21 London Hotel - Different Request
- 22 Seville to Cordoba
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 25 Travelling Iceland