This is my first forum post. My wife and I will be in Paris for a week in September on business, then will leave Paris on Saturday morning to spend another week in France. We would like to finish with 4-5 days in Nice (depart the following Sunday), and are debating between 3 days in Sarlat in the Dordogne, or ~2 days in Avignon- or possibly 2-3 days in Dijon/Burgundy- between our stays in Paris and Nice.
While all sound wonderful it seems problematic traveling to Sarlat from Paris (we would probably rent a car near Sarlat, perhaps Brive or Souillac?) and then getting to Nice from Sarlat. Is there any convenient travel to Nice from Sarlat/Brive/Souillac without driving? It seems like a long drive.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Safety in Rome
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 Chur or St Moritz?
- 7 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 8 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 10 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 11 Europe First Timers
- 12 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 13 Athens Help
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 19 Apartment Montreux area
- 20 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 21 Crete Holiday
- 22 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 23 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 24 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 25 Greek Village