I am looking to plan a trip for the end of May of next year. We have 10 nights. I'd really like to go to the Dordogne region and Basque Country. We are used to getting a lot done in one day. But, I don't want to be too rushed. I am just trying to make the most of our 10 nights. From what I have read/the time allowed, I put together the itinerary below.
Does this potential itinerary seem feasible? I fear I might be trying to do too much. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Day 1 – Land in Paris/Take a flight to Toulouse and drive from Toulouse to Sarlat
Day 2 - Sarlat
Day 3 – Sarlat
Day 4 – Sarlat
Day 5 – Drive from Sarlat to Bordeaux and stay overnight in Bordeaux (I am not really that interested in seeing Bordeaux. But, it is on the way and I thought it might be a nice time to rest and eat at a great restaurant)
Day 6 - Drive from Bordeaux to St Jean De Luz and stay overnight in St. Jean de Luz
Day 7 - Drop off the car at St. Biarritz Airport. Take the bus to San Sebastian and stay overnight San Sebastian
Day 8 – San Sebastian
Day 9 – Flight to Barcelona and stay overnight (We've been to Barcelona before)
Day 10 – Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 6 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Northern Ireland ideas
- 12 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 13 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 14 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 15 Long weekend in Albania
- 16 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 17 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 18 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 19 scotland itinerary
- 20 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 Hotel in Florence
- 24 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 25 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany