Does anyone have suggestions for a good base town and/or hotel in the Dordogne for someone with limited mobility? I'm specifically looking for a relatively flat town without major cobblestones that has interesting sites and good restaurants. We'll have a car and would use the base to visit surrounding areas for 4 days. From research so far, it seems like the area around Sarlat has the most attractions. Ideally we'd like a hotel in a town where we wouldn't need to use the car at night and could walk to dinner etc. but are flexible.
Dordogne with limited mobility, suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help
- 2 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 3 9 days in turkey
- 4 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 5 Germany-berlin marathon
- 6 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 7 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 8 Nice Video about Poland
- 9 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 10 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 11 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 12 Reims for a day
- 13 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 14 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 15 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 16 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 17 Toulouse and beyond -
- 18 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 19 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 20 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 21 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 22 Scotland
- 23 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 24 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 25 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!