Thanks for all the great advice you give out on the forum, trip planning would be a nightmare without you all..)))
We will be in Dordogne mid July for 1 week and are staying right outside Les Eyzies. Its going to be by husband and I and our 2 kids. Most days we are taking it pretty slow and easy but are planning o visit to Padirac.
My son is super excited about the prehistoric stuff and I already emailed Font de Gaume to get reservations for when we are there but have not heard back yet(I did it just yesterday).
We could also like to do Padirac and Pech Merle but would like your advice on whether its possible to do both in the same day. Google gives me directions for Les Eyzies - Padirac - Pech Merle - Les Eyzies and says it takes 3.5 hours but is this crazy to attempt..?
Also, whats the best time in the day to visit these sites. I've read that lines to Padirac could get crazy in July so will it be better to make a reservation for 1st thing in the morning(9:30am)..? And then maybe Pech Merle after lunch.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 2 Day trips by train from Milan
- 3 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 4 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 5 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 6 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 7 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 8 best way to travel from Budapest airport
- 9 Weekend hopping: Ghent, Zadar, Lisbon, Bosch, Brno,...
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 12 London dining service charge
- 13 Italy Itinerary: Rome and Amalfi
- 14 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 15 What are the Hidden Attractions in paris
- 16 London Paris
- 17 Chateau Lynch-Bages near Bordeaux
- 18 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 19 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 20 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 21 Advance Booking for Spain
- 22 Itinerary advice for 9 days in London for female solo traveller
- 23 Planning a two day visit to Montreux
- 24 Norwegian air
- 25 3 Wake-up calls
Dordogne question: Pech Merle & Gouffre de Padirac in 1 day