Thanks for all the great advice you give out on the forum, trip planning would be a nightmare without you all..)))
We will be in Dordogne mid July for 1 week and are staying right outside Les Eyzies. Its going to be by husband and I and our 2 kids. Most days we are taking it pretty slow and easy but are planning o visit to Padirac.
My son is super excited about the prehistoric stuff and I already emailed Font de Gaume to get reservations for when we are there but have not heard back yet(I did it just yesterday).
We could also like to do Padirac and Pech Merle but would like your advice on whether its possible to do both in the same day. Google gives me directions for Les Eyzies - Padirac - Pech Merle - Les Eyzies and says it takes 3.5 hours but is this crazy to attempt..?
Also, whats the best time in the day to visit these sites. I've read that lines to Padirac could get crazy in July so will it be better to make a reservation for 1st thing in the morning(9:30am)..? And then maybe Pech Merle after lunch.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Dordogne question: Pech Merle & Gouffre de Padirac in 1 day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal or Croatia, which would you choose?
- 2 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 3 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 4 Amsterdam restaurants
- 5 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 6 Budget for 10 weeks in Europe
- 7 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 8 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 9 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 10 Croatia/Bosnia/Slovenia Itinerary Feeback Request
- 11 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 12 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 13 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 14 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 15 Is Capri overrated?
- 16 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 17 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 18 9 days in switzerland
- 19 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 20 Train des Pignes
- 21 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 22 Has anyone used Hop Airlines?
- 23 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 24 Scotland
- 25 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?