Thanks for all the great advice you give out on the forum, trip planning would be a nightmare without you all..)))
We will be in Dordogne mid July for 1 week and are staying right outside Les Eyzies. Its going to be by husband and I and our 2 kids. Most days we are taking it pretty slow and easy but are planning o visit to Padirac.
My son is super excited about the prehistoric stuff and I already emailed Font de Gaume to get reservations for when we are there but have not heard back yet(I did it just yesterday).
We could also like to do Padirac and Pech Merle but would like your advice on whether its possible to do both in the same day. Google gives me directions for Les Eyzies - Padirac - Pech Merle - Les Eyzies and says it takes 3.5 hours but is this crazy to attempt..?
Also, whats the best time in the day to visit these sites. I've read that lines to Padirac could get crazy in July so will it be better to make a reservation for 1st thing in the morning(9:30am)..? And then maybe Pech Merle after lunch.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 2 When and how to book for a trip?
- 3 Visit Saint Rita Shrine in Cascia Italy
- 4 Need help getting from Paris to St Jean Pied de port
- 5 ROME!!!
- 6 Provence to Nice driving
- 7 German Train travel
- 8 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 9 Age limitation for car rental
- 10 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 11 please revew provence agenda
- 12 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 13 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 14 Lake Como - basta!
- 15 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 16 Norway in November
- 17 Christmas in Italy!!!
- 18 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 19 Swiss German
- 20 colorado provencal or ochre path in roussillon?
- 21 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 22 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 23 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 24 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 25 London: Oyster, 2For1, Travel Card--Help!
Dordogne question: Pech Merle & Gouffre de Padirac in 1 day