Thanks for all the great advice you give out on the forum, trip planning would be a nightmare without you all..)))
We will be in Dordogne mid July for 1 week and are staying right outside Les Eyzies. Its going to be by husband and I and our 2 kids. Most days we are taking it pretty slow and easy but are planning o visit to Padirac.
My son is super excited about the prehistoric stuff and I already emailed Font de Gaume to get reservations for when we are there but have not heard back yet(I did it just yesterday).
We could also like to do Padirac and Pech Merle but would like your advice on whether its possible to do both in the same day. Google gives me directions for Les Eyzies - Padirac - Pech Merle - Les Eyzies and says it takes 3.5 hours but is this crazy to attempt..?
Also, whats the best time in the day to visit these sites. I've read that lines to Padirac could get crazy in July so will it be better to make a reservation for 1st thing in the morning(9:30am)..? And then maybe Pech Merle after lunch.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return hire car to Athens airport early tomorrow morning
- 2 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 3 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 4 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 5 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 6 A weekend in Jurassic Coast
- 7 How to ask for glass or carafe of tap water in Portuguese
- 8 Amalfi Coast by Car
- 9 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 10 Breakfast: London
- 11 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 12 5 minutes to change trains in La Spezia???
- 13 What is your favorite travel app?
- 14 PLITVICE LAKES
- 15 Porto Portugal Hotels
- 16 5 Irish in Amsterdam, Dresden, Berlin
- 17 France and Switzerland in 15 days
- 18 Berlin to Barcelona
- 19 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 20 Camino Redux
- 21 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 22 Day trips from Amsterdam
- 23 Macedonia, Greece
- 24 worthy or no?
- 25 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
Dordogne question: Pech Merle & Gouffre de Padirac in 1 day