Thanks for all the great advice you give out on the forum, trip planning would be a nightmare without you all..)))
We will be in Dordogne mid July for 1 week and are staying right outside Les Eyzies. Its going to be by husband and I and our 2 kids. Most days we are taking it pretty slow and easy but are planning o visit to Padirac.
My son is super excited about the prehistoric stuff and I already emailed Font de Gaume to get reservations for when we are there but have not heard back yet(I did it just yesterday).
We could also like to do Padirac and Pech Merle but would like your advice on whether its possible to do both in the same day. Google gives me directions for Les Eyzies - Padirac - Pech Merle - Les Eyzies and says it takes 3.5 hours but is this crazy to attempt..?
Also, whats the best time in the day to visit these sites. I've read that lines to Padirac could get crazy in July so will it be better to make a reservation for 1st thing in the morning(9:30am)..? And then maybe Pech Merle after lunch.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Dordogne question: Pech Merle & Gouffre de Padirac in 1 day
- 1 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 2 7 days in Andalucia
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 5 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 6 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 7 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 11 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 12 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 13 Traveling within Italy
- 14 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 15 London for Christmas
- 16 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 17 To Paris and Provence in June
- 18 Florence in October
- 19 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 20 first european holiday itinery
- 21 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 22 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 23 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.