Thanks for all the great advice you give out on the forum, trip planning would be a nightmare without you all..)))
We will be in Dordogne mid July for 1 week and are staying right outside Les Eyzies. Its going to be by husband and I and our 2 kids. Most days we are taking it pretty slow and easy but are planning o visit to Padirac.
My son is super excited about the prehistoric stuff and I already emailed Font de Gaume to get reservations for when we are there but have not heard back yet(I did it just yesterday).
We could also like to do Padirac and Pech Merle but would like your advice on whether its possible to do both in the same day. Google gives me directions for Les Eyzies - Padirac - Pech Merle - Les Eyzies and says it takes 3.5 hours but is this crazy to attempt..?
Also, whats the best time in the day to visit these sites. I've read that lines to Padirac could get crazy in July so will it be better to make a reservation for 1st thing in the morning(9:30am)..? And then maybe Pech Merle after lunch.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 private shore excurtion
- 2 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 3 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 4 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 5 Dublin Sites, Fun and Food
- 6 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 7 Not-too-expensive Bed & Breakfasts in Ranelagh (or central-ish) Dublin?
- 8 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 9 Vet my itinerary
- 10 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 11 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 12 Another Book List for Italy
- 13 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 14 Iceland or the Nordic countries in May with children ?
- 15 Italy - best two central locations
- 16 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 17 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 18 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 19 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 20 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 21 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 23 Lose The Weight ==>> http://funmac.com/purity-cleanse/
- 24 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 25 Please help with 7 day itinerary for Croatia
Dordogne question: Pech Merle & Gouffre de Padirac in 1 day