Thanks for all the great advice you give out on the forum, trip planning would be a nightmare without you all..)))
We will be in Dordogne mid July for 1 week and are staying right outside Les Eyzies. Its going to be by husband and I and our 2 kids. Most days we are taking it pretty slow and easy but are planning o visit to Padirac.
My son is super excited about the prehistoric stuff and I already emailed Font de Gaume to get reservations for when we are there but have not heard back yet(I did it just yesterday).
We could also like to do Padirac and Pech Merle but would like your advice on whether its possible to do both in the same day. Google gives me directions for Les Eyzies - Padirac - Pech Merle - Les Eyzies and says it takes 3.5 hours but is this crazy to attempt..?
Also, whats the best time in the day to visit these sites. I've read that lines to Padirac could get crazy in July so will it be better to make a reservation for 1st thing in the morning(9:30am)..? And then maybe Pech Merle after lunch.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 2 Biarritz family holiday
- 3 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 4 Cutback on Spain trip
- 5 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 8 Croatia transportation question.
- 9 getting to CDG
- 10 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 13 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 14 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 15 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 16 Ireland hotel questions
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 Bernina Express mid-March
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 21 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 22 A Month stay in Southern France
- 23 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 24 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 25 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
Dordogne question: Pech Merle & Gouffre de Padirac in 1 day