Thanks for all the great advice you give out on the forum, trip planning would be a nightmare without you all..)))
We will be in Dordogne mid July for 1 week and are staying right outside Les Eyzies. Its going to be by husband and I and our 2 kids. Most days we are taking it pretty slow and easy but are planning o visit to Padirac.
My son is super excited about the prehistoric stuff and I already emailed Font de Gaume to get reservations for when we are there but have not heard back yet(I did it just yesterday).
We could also like to do Padirac and Pech Merle but would like your advice on whether its possible to do both in the same day. Google gives me directions for Les Eyzies - Padirac - Pech Merle - Les Eyzies and says it takes 3.5 hours but is this crazy to attempt..?
Also, whats the best time in the day to visit these sites. I've read that lines to Padirac could get crazy in July so will it be better to make a reservation for 1st thing in the morning(9:30am)..? And then maybe Pech Merle after lunch.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BNL ATMs
- 2 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 3 BNL machines in Italy
- 4 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 5 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 6 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 7 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 8 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 9 Portland, Maine GTG
- 10 Help with itinerary
- 11 Planning Advice!
- 12 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 13 Northern Italy with Kids?
- 14 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 15 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 16 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 17 England and Wales by public transport
- 18 Berlin restaurant recs
- 19 italy itinerary
- 20 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 21 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 22 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 23 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 24 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 25 20 free days of Europe
Dordogne question: Pech Merle & Gouffre de Padirac in 1 day