Thanks for all the great advice you give out on the forum, trip planning would be a nightmare without you all..)))
We will be in Dordogne mid July for 1 week and are staying right outside Les Eyzies. Its going to be by husband and I and our 2 kids. Most days we are taking it pretty slow and easy but are planning o visit to Padirac.
My son is super excited about the prehistoric stuff and I already emailed Font de Gaume to get reservations for when we are there but have not heard back yet(I did it just yesterday).
We could also like to do Padirac and Pech Merle but would like your advice on whether its possible to do both in the same day. Google gives me directions for Les Eyzies - Padirac - Pech Merle - Les Eyzies and says it takes 3.5 hours but is this crazy to attempt..?
Also, whats the best time in the day to visit these sites. I've read that lines to Padirac could get crazy in July so will it be better to make a reservation for 1st thing in the morning(9:30am)..? And then maybe Pech Merle after lunch.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Under Seige...
- 2 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 3 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 4 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 5 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 6 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 7 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 8 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 9 Global Travel Warning...
- 10 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 11 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 12 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 14 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 15 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 16 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 17 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 18 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 19 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 20 Liberty print dresses in London?
- 21 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 22 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 23 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 24 Private transportation
- 25 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
Dordogne question: Pech Merle & Gouffre de Padirac in 1 day