Thanks for all the great advice you give out on the forum, trip planning would be a nightmare without you all..)))
We will be in Dordogne mid July for 1 week and are staying right outside Les Eyzies. Its going to be by husband and I and our 2 kids. Most days we are taking it pretty slow and easy but are planning o visit to Padirac.
My son is super excited about the prehistoric stuff and I already emailed Font de Gaume to get reservations for when we are there but have not heard back yet(I did it just yesterday).
We could also like to do Padirac and Pech Merle but would like your advice on whether its possible to do both in the same day. Google gives me directions for Les Eyzies - Padirac - Pech Merle - Les Eyzies and says it takes 3.5 hours but is this crazy to attempt..?
Also, whats the best time in the day to visit these sites. I've read that lines to Padirac could get crazy in July so will it be better to make a reservation for 1st thing in the morning(9:30am)..? And then maybe Pech Merle after lunch.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Dordogne question: Pech Merle & Gouffre de Padirac in 1 day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 2 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 3 London tube
- 4 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 5 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 6 Zurich, Switzerland
- 7 Day trip from London to Paris
- 8 Europe in 21 days
- 9 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 10 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 11 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 12 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 13 one last portugal car rental question
- 14 Venice
- 15 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 16 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 17 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 18 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 19 A drive in Europe
- 20 Romantic Venice Resturants with View
- 21 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 22 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 23 Hotel in Venice
- 24 Day trip on the Rhine
- 25 Avignon to London?