We are in the process of finalizing our itinerary for our upcoming family trip to the Dordogne in late June/early July (6 nights).
The plan is to explore in the morning and build in some time to relax by the pool at our gite in the late afternoon with our two kids (ages 6 & 8). We will have our own cooking facilities so we can eat breakfast and some dinners in. I welcome your views and suggestions! Note that we are not planning on doing a Gabares tour because we want to do the same "parcours" by stand up paddleboard. I have indicated a number of markets because I love them but perhaps it is overkill -- which ones to prioritize? I also welcome suggestions on other attractions I may have missed.
- Take train from Paris to Brive. Pick up rental car @ 2pm. Drive to our gite in St-Vincent-de-Cosse (near Sarlat). QUESTION: Should we stop in Collonges La rouge on the way?
- dinner in Sarlat town
- hit St Cyprien for market day first thing in a.m.
- Visit the Vallee & castles (Beynac, Castelnaud, La Roque Gageac, etc.)
- Vezere valley - pre-book tickets to Lascaux II in weeks prior
- La Roque St Christophe tour and lift demo for kids
- QUESTION: is the Prehistorparc worth it?
- lunch at Auberge du pont in St-Leon sur Vezere
- market day in Cenac
- Stand up paddleboarding in Cenac
- market day in Sarlat
- Drive to Quercy area (Gouffre de Padirac)
- Domme market day
- Visit Marqueyssac gardens for dinner
Thanks in advance all!
Dordogne family trip - please help refine our itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 2 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 3 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 4 Three days in Spain
- 5 Monet in Normandy
- 6 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 7 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 8 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 9 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 10 London visit
- 11 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 14 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 15 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 16 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 17 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 18 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 19 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 20 21 Days in Central Europe
- 21 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 22 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 23 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 24 best time to book accommodation
- 25 Madrid Tapas Tour