We are in the process of finalizing our itinerary for our upcoming family trip to the Dordogne in late June/early July (6 nights).
The plan is to explore in the morning and build in some time to relax by the pool at our gite in the late afternoon with our two kids (ages 6 & 8). We will have our own cooking facilities so we can eat breakfast and some dinners in. I welcome your views and suggestions! Note that we are not planning on doing a Gabares tour because we want to do the same "parcours" by stand up paddleboard. I have indicated a number of markets because I love them but perhaps it is overkill -- which ones to prioritize? I also welcome suggestions on other attractions I may have missed.
- Take train from Paris to Brive. Pick up rental car @ 2pm. Drive to our gite in St-Vincent-de-Cosse (near Sarlat). QUESTION: Should we stop in Collonges La rouge on the way?
- dinner in Sarlat town
- hit St Cyprien for market day first thing in a.m.
- Visit the Vallee & castles (Beynac, Castelnaud, La Roque Gageac, etc.)
- Vezere valley - pre-book tickets to Lascaux II in weeks prior
- La Roque St Christophe tour and lift demo for kids
- QUESTION: is the Prehistorparc worth it?
- lunch at Auberge du pont in St-Leon sur Vezere
- market day in Cenac
- Stand up paddleboarding in Cenac
- market day in Sarlat
- Drive to Quercy area (Gouffre de Padirac)
- Domme market day
- Visit Marqueyssac gardens for dinner
Thanks in advance all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Tweaking
- 2 Itinerary Help
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 6 Hotel in Vienna
- 7 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 8 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 11 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 12 Amalfi Coast help
- 13 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 14 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 15 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 16 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 17 House Hunting in France
- 18 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 19 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 20 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 21 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 22 If you had to choose one......
- 23 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 24 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna