We are in the process of finalizing our itinerary for our upcoming family trip to the Dordogne in late June/early July (6 nights).
The plan is to explore in the morning and build in some time to relax by the pool at our gite in the late afternoon with our two kids (ages 6 & 8). We will have our own cooking facilities so we can eat breakfast and some dinners in. I welcome your views and suggestions! Note that we are not planning on doing a Gabares tour because we want to do the same "parcours" by stand up paddleboard. I have indicated a number of markets because I love them but perhaps it is overkill -- which ones to prioritize? I also welcome suggestions on other attractions I may have missed.
- Take train from Paris to Brive. Pick up rental car @ 2pm. Drive to our gite in St-Vincent-de-Cosse (near Sarlat). QUESTION: Should we stop in Collonges La rouge on the way?
- dinner in Sarlat town
- hit St Cyprien for market day first thing in a.m.
- Visit the Vallee & castles (Beynac, Castelnaud, La Roque Gageac, etc.)
- Vezere valley - pre-book tickets to Lascaux II in weeks prior
- La Roque St Christophe tour and lift demo for kids
- QUESTION: is the Prehistorparc worth it?
- lunch at Auberge du pont in St-Leon sur Vezere
- market day in Cenac
- Stand up paddleboarding in Cenac
- market day in Sarlat
- Drive to Quercy area (Gouffre de Padirac)
- Domme market day
- Visit Marqueyssac gardens for dinner
Thanks in advance all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 2 Cost of Van from CDG
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 San Vino
- 5 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 6 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 7 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 8 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 9 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 10 Walking GPS?
- 11 One Way... trust or bust?
- 12 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 13 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 14 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 15 Croatian islands
- 16 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 17 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 18 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 19 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 20 After Mass, on a Sunday, in Rome
- 21 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 22 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 23 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 24 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 25 July 2-5, 2012 Int'l Philosphy Conference at Assos, Turkey (near Troy)