We are in the process of finalizing our itinerary for our upcoming family trip to the Dordogne in late June/early July (6 nights).
The plan is to explore in the morning and build in some time to relax by the pool at our gite in the late afternoon with our two kids (ages 6 & 8). We will have our own cooking facilities so we can eat breakfast and some dinners in. I welcome your views and suggestions! Note that we are not planning on doing a Gabares tour because we want to do the same "parcours" by stand up paddleboard. I have indicated a number of markets because I love them but perhaps it is overkill -- which ones to prioritize? I also welcome suggestions on other attractions I may have missed.
- Take train from Paris to Brive. Pick up rental car @ 2pm. Drive to our gite in St-Vincent-de-Cosse (near Sarlat). QUESTION: Should we stop in Collonges La rouge on the way?
- dinner in Sarlat town
- hit St Cyprien for market day first thing in a.m.
- Visit the Vallee & castles (Beynac, Castelnaud, La Roque Gageac, etc.)
- Vezere valley - pre-book tickets to Lascaux II in weeks prior
- La Roque St Christophe tour and lift demo for kids
- QUESTION: is the Prehistorparc worth it?
- lunch at Auberge du pont in St-Leon sur Vezere
- market day in Cenac
- Stand up paddleboarding in Cenac
- market day in Sarlat
- Drive to Quercy area (Gouffre de Padirac)
- Domme market day
- Visit Marqueyssac gardens for dinner
Thanks in advance all!
Dordogne family trip - please help refine our itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Group Operators
- 2 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 3 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 4 Does this sound feasible?
- 5 I'm in a funk
- 6 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 7 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 8 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 9 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 10 Hotel Millesime or Hotel des Marronniers or Hotel du Danube
- 11 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 12 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 13 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 14 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 15 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 16 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 17 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 18 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 19 BMW European Delivery program
- 20 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 21 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 22 Eating in University cafeterias
- 23 your favorite coasts/shores, lake or sea
- 24 travel to western Europe from India
- 25 Good Flamenco in Seville