We are in the process of finalizing our itinerary for our upcoming family trip to the Dordogne in late June/early July (6 nights).
The plan is to explore in the morning and build in some time to relax by the pool at our gite in the late afternoon with our two kids (ages 6 & 8). We will have our own cooking facilities so we can eat breakfast and some dinners in. I welcome your views and suggestions! Note that we are not planning on doing a Gabares tour because we want to do the same "parcours" by stand up paddleboard. I have indicated a number of markets because I love them but perhaps it is overkill -- which ones to prioritize? I also welcome suggestions on other attractions I may have missed.
- Take train from Paris to Brive. Pick up rental car @ 2pm. Drive to our gite in St-Vincent-de-Cosse (near Sarlat). QUESTION: Should we stop in Collonges La rouge on the way?
- dinner in Sarlat town
- hit St Cyprien for market day first thing in a.m.
- Visit the Vallee & castles (Beynac, Castelnaud, La Roque Gageac, etc.)
- Vezere valley - pre-book tickets to Lascaux II in weeks prior
- La Roque St Christophe tour and lift demo for kids
- QUESTION: is the Prehistorparc worth it?
- lunch at Auberge du pont in St-Leon sur Vezere
- market day in Cenac
- Stand up paddleboarding in Cenac
- market day in Sarlat
- Drive to Quercy area (Gouffre de Padirac)
- Domme market day
- Visit Marqueyssac gardens for dinner
Thanks in advance all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 2 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 3 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 4 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 9 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 10 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 11 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 12 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 13 tickets for Wimbledon
- 14 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 15 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 16 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 17 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 18 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 19 Italy in January?
- 20 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 21 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 22 Renting a car in Greece
- 23 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 24 Piedmont question
- 25 Insurance on rental car options