We are in the process of finalizing our itinerary for our upcoming family trip to the Dordogne in late June/early July (6 nights).
The plan is to explore in the morning and build in some time to relax by the pool at our gite in the late afternoon with our two kids (ages 6 & 8). We will have our own cooking facilities so we can eat breakfast and some dinners in. I welcome your views and suggestions! Note that we are not planning on doing a Gabares tour because we want to do the same "parcours" by stand up paddleboard. I have indicated a number of markets because I love them but perhaps it is overkill -- which ones to prioritize? I also welcome suggestions on other attractions I may have missed.
- Take train from Paris to Brive. Pick up rental car @ 2pm. Drive to our gite in St-Vincent-de-Cosse (near Sarlat). QUESTION: Should we stop in Collonges La rouge on the way?
- dinner in Sarlat town
- hit St Cyprien for market day first thing in a.m.
- Visit the Vallee & castles (Beynac, Castelnaud, La Roque Gageac, etc.)
- Vezere valley - pre-book tickets to Lascaux II in weeks prior
- La Roque St Christophe tour and lift demo for kids
- QUESTION: is the Prehistorparc worth it?
- lunch at Auberge du pont in St-Leon sur Vezere
- market day in Cenac
- Stand up paddleboarding in Cenac
- market day in Sarlat
- Drive to Quercy area (Gouffre de Padirac)
- Domme market day
- Visit Marqueyssac gardens for dinner
Thanks in advance all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 2 Departure Tax in UK
- 3 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 4 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 5 To europe this Aug
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Charles Degaulle question
- 8 Normandy - driving trip
- 9 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 10 Ballet Bolshoi
- 11 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 12 Switzerland itinerary help
- 13 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 14 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 15 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 16 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 17 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 18 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 19 munich - day trips
- 20 I'm back.....
- 21 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 22 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 23 Naples to Pompeii
- 24 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 25 Ireland in November