We are in the process of finalizing our itinerary for our upcoming family trip to the Dordogne in late June/early July (6 nights).
The plan is to explore in the morning and build in some time to relax by the pool at our gite in the late afternoon with our two kids (ages 6 & 8). We will have our own cooking facilities so we can eat breakfast and some dinners in. I welcome your views and suggestions! Note that we are not planning on doing a Gabares tour because we want to do the same "parcours" by stand up paddleboard. I have indicated a number of markets because I love them but perhaps it is overkill -- which ones to prioritize? I also welcome suggestions on other attractions I may have missed.
- Take train from Paris to Brive. Pick up rental car @ 2pm. Drive to our gite in St-Vincent-de-Cosse (near Sarlat). QUESTION: Should we stop in Collonges La rouge on the way?
- dinner in Sarlat town
- hit St Cyprien for market day first thing in a.m.
- Visit the Vallee & castles (Beynac, Castelnaud, La Roque Gageac, etc.)
- Vezere valley - pre-book tickets to Lascaux II in weeks prior
- La Roque St Christophe tour and lift demo for kids
- QUESTION: is the Prehistorparc worth it?
- lunch at Auberge du pont in St-Leon sur Vezere
- market day in Cenac
- Stand up paddleboarding in Cenac
- market day in Sarlat
- Drive to Quercy area (Gouffre de Padirac)
- Domme market day
- Visit Marqueyssac gardens for dinner
Thanks in advance all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Campervan in Croatia
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 K-Day
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Things to do in Brussels
- 6 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 10 UK Visa Help
- 11 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 12 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 13 Spain in December
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 16 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 17 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 18 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 19 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 20 Cell Phone Question
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 25 Aix en Provence Day Trips