We are in the process of finalizing our itinerary for our upcoming family trip to the Dordogne in late June/early July (6 nights).
The plan is to explore in the morning and build in some time to relax by the pool at our gite in the late afternoon with our two kids (ages 6 & 8). We will have our own cooking facilities so we can eat breakfast and some dinners in. I welcome your views and suggestions! Note that we are not planning on doing a Gabares tour because we want to do the same "parcours" by stand up paddleboard. I have indicated a number of markets because I love them but perhaps it is overkill -- which ones to prioritize? I also welcome suggestions on other attractions I may have missed.
- Take train from Paris to Brive. Pick up rental car @ 2pm. Drive to our gite in St-Vincent-de-Cosse (near Sarlat). QUESTION: Should we stop in Collonges La rouge on the way?
- dinner in Sarlat town
- hit St Cyprien for market day first thing in a.m.
- Visit the Vallee & castles (Beynac, Castelnaud, La Roque Gageac, etc.)
- Vezere valley - pre-book tickets to Lascaux II in weeks prior
- La Roque St Christophe tour and lift demo for kids
- QUESTION: is the Prehistorparc worth it?
- lunch at Auberge du pont in St-Leon sur Vezere
- market day in Cenac
- Stand up paddleboarding in Cenac
- market day in Sarlat
- Drive to Quercy area (Gouffre de Padirac)
- Domme market day
- Visit Marqueyssac gardens for dinner
Thanks in advance all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 2 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 3 Train up the Jungfrau
- 4 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 5 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 6 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 7 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 8 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 9 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 10 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 13 Turin Hotels - Current Offerings
- 14 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 15 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 16 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 17 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 18 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 19 First Trip to Ireland
- 20 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 21 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 22 Laokasti Villa in Oia
- 23 Athens multi site pass
- 24 London best location
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?