We are in the process of finalizing our itinerary for our upcoming family trip to the Dordogne in late June/early July (6 nights).
The plan is to explore in the morning and build in some time to relax by the pool at our gite in the late afternoon with our two kids (ages 6 & 8). We will have our own cooking facilities so we can eat breakfast and some dinners in. I welcome your views and suggestions! Note that we are not planning on doing a Gabares tour because we want to do the same "parcours" by stand up paddleboard. I have indicated a number of markets because I love them but perhaps it is overkill -- which ones to prioritize? I also welcome suggestions on other attractions I may have missed.
- Take train from Paris to Brive. Pick up rental car @ 2pm. Drive to our gite in St-Vincent-de-Cosse (near Sarlat). QUESTION: Should we stop in Collonges La rouge on the way?
- dinner in Sarlat town
- hit St Cyprien for market day first thing in a.m.
- Visit the Vallee & castles (Beynac, Castelnaud, La Roque Gageac, etc.)
- Vezere valley - pre-book tickets to Lascaux II in weeks prior
- La Roque St Christophe tour and lift demo for kids
- QUESTION: is the Prehistorparc worth it?
- lunch at Auberge du pont in St-Leon sur Vezere
- market day in Cenac
- Stand up paddleboarding in Cenac
- market day in Sarlat
- Drive to Quercy area (Gouffre de Padirac)
- Domme market day
- Visit Marqueyssac gardens for dinner
Thanks in advance all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 2 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 3 Travel WiFi - France
- 4 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 5 Naples or Genoa
- 6 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 7 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 8 Our European adventures
- 9 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 10 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 11 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 12 England and Wales by public transport
- 13 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 14 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 15 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 16 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 17 Planning Advice!
- 18 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 19 Greece in 15 Days
- 20 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 21 Help with itinerary
- 22 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 23 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 24 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 25 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel