We are in the process of finalizing our itinerary for our upcoming family trip to the Dordogne in late June/early July (6 nights).
The plan is to explore in the morning and build in some time to relax by the pool at our gite in the late afternoon with our two kids (ages 6 & 8). We will have our own cooking facilities so we can eat breakfast and some dinners in. I welcome your views and suggestions! Note that we are not planning on doing a Gabares tour because we want to do the same "parcours" by stand up paddleboard. I have indicated a number of markets because I love them but perhaps it is overkill -- which ones to prioritize? I also welcome suggestions on other attractions I may have missed.
- Take train from Paris to Brive. Pick up rental car @ 2pm. Drive to our gite in St-Vincent-de-Cosse (near Sarlat). QUESTION: Should we stop in Collonges La rouge on the way?
- dinner in Sarlat town
- hit St Cyprien for market day first thing in a.m.
- Visit the Vallee & castles (Beynac, Castelnaud, La Roque Gageac, etc.)
- Vezere valley - pre-book tickets to Lascaux II in weeks prior
- La Roque St Christophe tour and lift demo for kids
- QUESTION: is the Prehistorparc worth it?
- lunch at Auberge du pont in St-Leon sur Vezere
- market day in Cenac
- Stand up paddleboarding in Cenac
- market day in Sarlat
- Drive to Quercy area (Gouffre de Padirac)
- Domme market day
- Visit Marqueyssac gardens for dinner
Thanks in advance all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 2 Poland to Austria In December
- 3 Tracking the Weather
- 4 Thinking about the Fjords
- 5 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 6 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 7 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 8 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 9 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 10 Globus Iberian Tour
- 11 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 12 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 13 base for Andalucia
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Italy travel plan help
- 16 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 17 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 18 Budapest Card
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 road trip through scotland
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus