I'm hoping I can get a bit, ok, a lot, of help with this trip, our first to this area. Any replies gratefully accepted!
My DH and I have bought the plane tickets and are headed to France at the end of September. We land in Toulouse September 26th, and fly home (Toronto) on October 15th.
We are renting an apartment in Sarlat from Oct 4th - 10th, and then train to Paris for the last five nights.
I think it would be a good idea to stay in Toulouse on the 26th and 27th (Fri and Sat) . Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated. With parking would be advantageous if we have the car already. I don't want to spend more than 100E if possible. Clean and a location near the train would be good, other than that, we don't care about extras such as a pool or a bar that we won't use.
Pick up the car at the train station, probably Saturday late afternoon, to avoid wasting time Sunday morning, when we'll be anxious to get going.
That leave six nights before we need to be in Sarlat.
The only thing booked so far is a visit to Pech Merle on the afternoon of September 30, booked then because it's the only English tour I could get anytime during that week.
Ok, so leave Toulouse Sunday morning, and visit Carcassone. Question - spend the night there or drive to Albi (avoiding Mazamet...lol - I've been scouring the boards!)
I would like to visit Figeac, St. Cirq Lapopie and Rocamadour. I've read varying opinions on St Cirq and Romamadour, but it would be nice to see them, as this may be our only trip to this area.
I'm having difficulty coming up with an itinerary that makes sense and will get us to Sarlat in the time we have. We have no problem moving every night or staying put for a couple or three nights if that's the most sensible.
I'm a bit overwhelmed, so any suggestions gratefully appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 2 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 3 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 4 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 5 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Short Trip in July
- 9 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 10 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 11 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 12 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 13 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 14 Cell Phone Question
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 17 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 20 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 21 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 22 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 23 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK