I'm hoping I can get a bit, ok, a lot, of help with this trip, our first to this area. Any replies gratefully accepted!
My DH and I have bought the plane tickets and are headed to France at the end of September. We land in Toulouse September 26th, and fly home (Toronto) on October 15th.
We are renting an apartment in Sarlat from Oct 4th - 10th, and then train to Paris for the last five nights.
I think it would be a good idea to stay in Toulouse on the 26th and 27th (Fri and Sat) . Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated. With parking would be advantageous if we have the car already. I don't want to spend more than 100E if possible. Clean and a location near the train would be good, other than that, we don't care about extras such as a pool or a bar that we won't use.
Pick up the car at the train station, probably Saturday late afternoon, to avoid wasting time Sunday morning, when we'll be anxious to get going.
That leave six nights before we need to be in Sarlat.
The only thing booked so far is a visit to Pech Merle on the afternoon of September 30, booked then because it's the only English tour I could get anytime during that week.
Ok, so leave Toulouse Sunday morning, and visit Carcassone. Question - spend the night there or drive to Albi (avoiding Mazamet...lol - I've been scouring the boards!)
I would like to visit Figeac, St. Cirq Lapopie and Rocamadour. I've read varying opinions on St Cirq and Romamadour, but it would be nice to see them, as this may be our only trip to this area.
I'm having difficulty coming up with an itinerary that makes sense and will get us to Sarlat in the time we have. We have no problem moving every night or staying put for a couple or three nights if that's the most sensible.
I'm a bit overwhelmed, so any suggestions gratefully appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airline to Rome
- 2 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 3 Dublin Luggage storage
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Croatia short sail trip
- 6 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 7 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 8 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 9 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 10 First Solo Adventure
- 11 Alitala
- 12 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 13 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 14 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 15 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 16 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 17 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 18 Which Hotel in Rome
- 19 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 20 First Solo Adventure
- 21 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 22 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 23 Georgia in 4 days
- 24 Where should I go with my family?
- 25 Tasting sherry in Jerez