We were in London before Greece and we got very concerned about coming to Greece because of the non-stop news about the problems in Greece. The day we were flying my husband was questioning if we should cancel our trip. The day before the cab driver went on and on about how horrible things were in Athens.
Well, we decided to come and things are very quiet here. We've been in Athens for a week, we spent two days in Hydra this week and tomorrow we fly to Santorini. The Greek people are as friendly as I've been told. We got money from ATMs and we got some really good deals on hotels in Hydra.
We are told by hotels and restaurants that they are not as busy this May. Tourists are staying away.
In this forum people have commented that the only thing you can really be sure about is what is going on today and any comments about what tomorrow will bring is pure speculation.
So, I am suggesting to come help the Greek people by spending some euros here!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Topic Title황금성 온라인게임 ● 연결 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Luggage Storage
- 4 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 5 Back from Paris
- 6 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 13 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 14 Trip suggestion
- 15 Spain in July
- 16 Summer Travel order
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 20 Corfu
- 21 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 22 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 23 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 24 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 25 International Flight Question