We were in London before Greece and we got very concerned about coming to Greece because of the non-stop news about the problems in Greece. The day we were flying my husband was questioning if we should cancel our trip. The day before the cab driver went on and on about how horrible things were in Athens.
Well, we decided to come and things are very quiet here. We've been in Athens for a week, we spent two days in Hydra this week and tomorrow we fly to Santorini. The Greek people are as friendly as I've been told. We got money from ATMs and we got some really good deals on hotels in Hydra.
We are told by hotels and restaurants that they are not as busy this May. Tourists are staying away.
In this forum people have commented that the only thing you can really be sure about is what is going on today and any comments about what tomorrow will bring is pure speculation.
So, I am suggesting to come help the Greek people by spending some euros here!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 4 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 5 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 6 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 7 base in brussels
- 8 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 9 Rome or Venice first
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 12 Uber vs. TfL
- 13 Berlin
- 14 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 15 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 16 One free day in Barcelona
- 17 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 18 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 19 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 20 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 22 Lille Braderie 2017
- 23 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 24 Apartment Montreux area
- 25 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland