We were in London before Greece and we got very concerned about coming to Greece because of the non-stop news about the problems in Greece. The day we were flying my husband was questioning if we should cancel our trip. The day before the cab driver went on and on about how horrible things were in Athens.
Well, we decided to come and things are very quiet here. We've been in Athens for a week, we spent two days in Hydra this week and tomorrow we fly to Santorini. The Greek people are as friendly as I've been told. We got money from ATMs and we got some really good deals on hotels in Hydra.
We are told by hotels and restaurants that they are not as busy this May. Tourists are staying away.
In this forum people have commented that the only thing you can really be sure about is what is going on today and any comments about what tomorrow will bring is pure speculation.
So, I am suggesting to come help the Greek people by spending some euros here!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 2 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 3 Need Information about French Alps
- 4 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 5 Trip to Rome
- 6 Best Indian Food
- 7 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 8 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 9 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 10 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 11 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 12 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Piedmont as a destination
- 15 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 dinner jackets
- 19 France Itinerary Advice
- 20 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 21 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 22 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing