We were in London before Greece and we got very concerned about coming to Greece because of the non-stop news about the problems in Greece. The day we were flying my husband was questioning if we should cancel our trip. The day before the cab driver went on and on about how horrible things were in Athens.
Well, we decided to come and things are very quiet here. We've been in Athens for a week, we spent two days in Hydra this week and tomorrow we fly to Santorini. The Greek people are as friendly as I've been told. We got money from ATMs and we got some really good deals on hotels in Hydra.
We are told by hotels and restaurants that they are not as busy this May. Tourists are staying away.
In this forum people have commented that the only thing you can really be sure about is what is going on today and any comments about what tomorrow will bring is pure speculation.
So, I am suggesting to come help the Greek people by spending some euros here!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 2 Andalucia Spain
- 3 Germany-Car or Train
- 4 The DCC scam is spreading
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 7 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 8 Valencia Spain
- 9 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 10 Any downside when booking codeshare flights?
- 11 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 12 Whistle stop family road trip
- 13 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 14 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 15 Scotland itinerary advice
- 16 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 17 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 18 Porto in January
- 19 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 20 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 21 Rome Water Shortage
- 22 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 23 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 24 Lake Como,Italy
- 25 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?