We were in London before Greece and we got very concerned about coming to Greece because of the non-stop news about the problems in Greece. The day we were flying my husband was questioning if we should cancel our trip. The day before the cab driver went on and on about how horrible things were in Athens.
Well, we decided to come and things are very quiet here. We've been in Athens for a week, we spent two days in Hydra this week and tomorrow we fly to Santorini. The Greek people are as friendly as I've been told. We got money from ATMs and we got some really good deals on hotels in Hydra.
We are told by hotels and restaurants that they are not as busy this May. Tourists are staying away.
In this forum people have commented that the only thing you can really be sure about is what is going on today and any comments about what tomorrow will bring is pure speculation.
So, I am suggesting to come help the Greek people by spending some euros here!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour groups
- 2 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 3 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 4 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 7 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 8 Super Cover For Hertz
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 11 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 12 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 13 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 14 Hotel in Vienna
- 15 Baby Milk
- 16 French restaurants
- 17 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 20 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 23 Granada to Madrid
- 24 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 25 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?