We were in London before Greece and we got very concerned about coming to Greece because of the non-stop news about the problems in Greece. The day we were flying my husband was questioning if we should cancel our trip. The day before the cab driver went on and on about how horrible things were in Athens.
Well, we decided to come and things are very quiet here. We've been in Athens for a week, we spent two days in Hydra this week and tomorrow we fly to Santorini. The Greek people are as friendly as I've been told. We got money from ATMs and we got some really good deals on hotels in Hydra.
We are told by hotels and restaurants that they are not as busy this May. Tourists are staying away.
In this forum people have commented that the only thing you can really be sure about is what is going on today and any comments about what tomorrow will bring is pure speculation.
So, I am suggesting to come help the Greek people by spending some euros here!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville to Cordoba
- 2 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 5 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 6 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 7 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 8 3 nights in Madrid
- 9 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 10 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 11 ATM
- 12 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 13 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 14 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 15 London 6 day itinerary
- 16 London Hotel - Different Request
- 17 Portugal rental car
- 18 Iceland trip report!
- 19 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 20 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 21 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 22 alcazar question and seville advice
- 23 Bernese Oberland
- 24 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)