In a previous post I contemplated whether or not we should spend six days in the Dolomiti, Lake Garda or Lake Como, or a combination of two of those.
I think we will definitely go to the Dolomiti region, after picking up a car in Padova on July 22. The following six nights are the only nights I haven't booked accommodation for my upcoming six week trip across Spain, France, Italy and London.
So far people have suggested Ortisei and the Alto Adige area as the best places to stay. I thought I would start a new post specifically asking for feedback on this. We would like to have access to food easily - both the restaurant kind and market kind so we can prepare some of our own meals. We will have a car so we can go to different towns/villages for trips, but ideally could walk down the street and go to a cafe/restaurant/market.
I want to hike but probably not every day for the six days.
Also - we are still a little scared about the prospect of driving in Italy (we are from Australia so the other side of the road and I never drive mountains!), so some thoughts on that would be great too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Bulgaria
- 2 Paris in September
- 3 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 4 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 5 Day trips from Florence
- 6 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 11 May get together in Paris
- 12 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 20 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Rouen Tour Companies