In a previous post I contemplated whether or not we should spend six days in the Dolomiti, Lake Garda or Lake Como, or a combination of two of those.
I think we will definitely go to the Dolomiti region, after picking up a car in Padova on July 22. The following six nights are the only nights I haven't booked accommodation for my upcoming six week trip across Spain, France, Italy and London.
So far people have suggested Ortisei and the Alto Adige area as the best places to stay. I thought I would start a new post specifically asking for feedback on this. We would like to have access to food easily - both the restaurant kind and market kind so we can prepare some of our own meals. We will have a car so we can go to different towns/villages for trips, but ideally could walk down the street and go to a cafe/restaurant/market.
I want to hike but probably not every day for the six days.
Also - we are still a little scared about the prospect of driving in Italy (we are from Australia so the other side of the road and I never drive mountains!), so some thoughts on that would be great too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Threat Level in UK
- 2 Graz in January
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 5 TIM in FCO - update
- 6 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 7 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 8 Malaga Spain
- 9 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 10 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 11 London Hotel - Different Request
- 12 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 13 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 14 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 15 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 16 Cartagena Spain
- 17 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 18 Ibiiza Spain
- 19 Iceland trip report!
- 20 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 21 Seville to Cordoba
- 22 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 23 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 3 nights in Madrid