In a previous post I contemplated whether or not we should spend six days in the Dolomiti, Lake Garda or Lake Como, or a combination of two of those.
I think we will definitely go to the Dolomiti region, after picking up a car in Padova on July 22. The following six nights are the only nights I haven't booked accommodation for my upcoming six week trip across Spain, France, Italy and London.
So far people have suggested Ortisei and the Alto Adige area as the best places to stay. I thought I would start a new post specifically asking for feedback on this. We would like to have access to food easily - both the restaurant kind and market kind so we can prepare some of our own meals. We will have a car so we can go to different towns/villages for trips, but ideally could walk down the street and go to a cafe/restaurant/market.
I want to hike but probably not every day for the six days.
Also - we are still a little scared about the prospect of driving in Italy (we are from Australia so the other side of the road and I never drive mountains!), so some thoughts on that would be great too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 2 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 3 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 4 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 5 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 6 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 7 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 8 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 2 weeks Europe trip
- 12 Need Information about French Alps
- 13 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 Uffizi Phone Number
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 17 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 18 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 19 Gites in Provence
- 20 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 21 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 22 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 23 4 days in Provence in early June
- 24 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 25 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?