In a previous post I contemplated whether or not we should spend six days in the Dolomiti, Lake Garda or Lake Como, or a combination of two of those.
I think we will definitely go to the Dolomiti region, after picking up a car in Padova on July 22. The following six nights are the only nights I haven't booked accommodation for my upcoming six week trip across Spain, France, Italy and London.
So far people have suggested Ortisei and the Alto Adige area as the best places to stay. I thought I would start a new post specifically asking for feedback on this. We would like to have access to food easily - both the restaurant kind and market kind so we can prepare some of our own meals. We will have a car so we can go to different towns/villages for trips, but ideally could walk down the street and go to a cafe/restaurant/market.
I want to hike but probably not every day for the six days.
Also - we are still a little scared about the prospect of driving in Italy (we are from Australia so the other side of the road and I never drive mountains!), so some thoughts on that would be great too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 Croatia short sail trip
- 3 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 4 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 5 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 6 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 7 First Solo Adventure
- 8 Alitala
- 9 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 10 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 11 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 12 Dublin Luggage storage
- 13 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 14 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 15 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 16 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 17 Which Hotel in Rome
- 18 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 19 First Solo Adventure
- 20 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 21 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 22 Georgia in 4 days
- 23 Where should I go with my family?
- 24 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 25 PARIS