The way the dollar keeps sliding, I'm starting to think about visiting Eastern rather than Western Europe this March. Costs would obviously be a lot lower. Where would the weather be tolerable and maybe somewhat spring like? Not looking for beach type weather just maybe a few leaves and flowers and days where you'd be comfortable outside with proper clothing. Have visited northern Hungary, Czech Republic, southern Poland and Romania on previous trips in warmer weather. Any suggestions. We are intrepid independent travellers who are not looking for amenities or luxury or even typically touristed areas. Want to visit Turkey sometime, but with the situation with Iraq think that's probably not wise at the current time. Thanks for your thoughts.
Dollar is way down --thinking March trip to Eastern Europe to keep costs down--suggestions on good country for this time of year
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 2 flea markets in France
- 3 What to wear
- 4 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 5 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 6 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 7 London neighborhood suggestions
- 8 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 9 Spain tips beyond safety
- 10 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 11 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 12 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 13 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 14 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 19 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 20 german rail ticket question
- 21 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 22 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Prague flea markets
- 25 Tipping in Greece