The way the dollar keeps sliding, I'm starting to think about visiting Eastern rather than Western Europe this March. Costs would obviously be a lot lower. Where would the weather be tolerable and maybe somewhat spring like? Not looking for beach type weather just maybe a few leaves and flowers and days where you'd be comfortable outside with proper clothing. Have visited northern Hungary, Czech Republic, southern Poland and Romania on previous trips in warmer weather. Any suggestions. We are intrepid independent travellers who are not looking for amenities or luxury or even typically touristed areas. Want to visit Turkey sometime, but with the situation with Iraq think that's probably not wise at the current time. Thanks for your thoughts.
Dollar is way down --thinking March trip to Eastern Europe to keep costs down--suggestions on good country for this time of year
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 2 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 3 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 4 3 days in Rome
- 5 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 6 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 7 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 8 Northern Spain
- 9 Akrotiri Tours
- 10 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 11 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 12 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 13 London hotel tax is 20%
- 14 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 15 Rome tram update...
- 16 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 17 Germany compounding pharmacy
- 18 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 19 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 20 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 21 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 22 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 23 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 24 week in calabria
- 25 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?