The way the dollar keeps sliding, I'm starting to think about visiting Eastern rather than Western Europe this March. Costs would obviously be a lot lower. Where would the weather be tolerable and maybe somewhat spring like? Not looking for beach type weather just maybe a few leaves and flowers and days where you'd be comfortable outside with proper clothing. Have visited northern Hungary, Czech Republic, southern Poland and Romania on previous trips in warmer weather. Any suggestions. We are intrepid independent travellers who are not looking for amenities or luxury or even typically touristed areas. Want to visit Turkey sometime, but with the situation with Iraq think that's probably not wise at the current time. Thanks for your thoughts.
Dollar is way down --thinking March trip to Eastern Europe to keep costs down--suggestions on good country for this time of year
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 2 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 5 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 8 Channel Islands
- 9 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 10 2 Week European Itinerary
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 13 Dresden Train Station
- 14 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 15 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 16 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 17 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 18 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 22 Chambermaid tipping
- 23 TGV and Provence questions
- 24 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 25 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain