The way the dollar keeps sliding, I'm starting to think about visiting Eastern rather than Western Europe this March. Costs would obviously be a lot lower. Where would the weather be tolerable and maybe somewhat spring like? Not looking for beach type weather just maybe a few leaves and flowers and days where you'd be comfortable outside with proper clothing. Have visited northern Hungary, Czech Republic, southern Poland and Romania on previous trips in warmer weather. Any suggestions. We are intrepid independent travellers who are not looking for amenities or luxury or even typically touristed areas. Want to visit Turkey sometime, but with the situation with Iraq think that's probably not wise at the current time. Thanks for your thoughts.
Dollar is way down --thinking March trip to Eastern Europe to keep costs down--suggestions on good country for this time of year
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 2 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 3 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 4 Hotel in Venice
- 5 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 6 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 7 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 8 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 9 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 13 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 14 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 15 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 18 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 19 Day trip from London to Paris
- 20 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 21 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 22 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 23 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 24 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 25 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?