The way the dollar keeps sliding, I'm starting to think about visiting Eastern rather than Western Europe this March. Costs would obviously be a lot lower. Where would the weather be tolerable and maybe somewhat spring like? Not looking for beach type weather just maybe a few leaves and flowers and days where you'd be comfortable outside with proper clothing. Have visited northern Hungary, Czech Republic, southern Poland and Romania on previous trips in warmer weather. Any suggestions. We are intrepid independent travellers who are not looking for amenities or luxury or even typically touristed areas. Want to visit Turkey sometime, but with the situation with Iraq think that's probably not wise at the current time. Thanks for your thoughts.
Dollar is way down --thinking March trip to Eastern Europe to keep costs down--suggestions on good country for this time of year
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada
- 2 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 3 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 4 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 5 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 6 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 First time to Switzerland
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 11 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 12 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 13 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 14 Eastern Europe
- 15 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 16 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 17 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 18 Switzerland help...?
- 19 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 20 Airport ATMs
- 21 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 22 London to Paris by train
- 23 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 24 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 25 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?