I am in desperate need of clear advice. I am moving to France and the state veterinarian at the USDA here in Hawaii says that my dog doesn't have to wait for the three month titre. He says that after the rabies vaccination he can travel to France after 3 weeks. He says we don't have to wait three months to check the rabies titre. I can't bear the thought of my dog being put in quaruntine if he is wrong. Can anyone confirm what is required in moving a dog from US to France? In the EU 998 it states that countries with low incidence of rabies don't have to wait for the titre, only the vaccine and health certificates are required. The US falls in the category of low incidence of rabies. The EU 998 was written in the early 2000's so I am not sure if this has changed or they have increased regulations. PLEASE HELP!! I need to move in December and don't want to leave my dog behind for 3 months but even more so don't want him in quarantine. Thank you!!
Dog moving to france from Hawaii
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 2 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 3 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 4 Eleanor's Pages
- 5 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 6 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 7 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 10 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 11 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 12 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 13 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 14 Internet or travel agent?
- 15 Paris and where else?
- 16 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 17 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 18 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 19 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 20 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 21 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 22 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 23 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 24 Christmas windows in Paris
- 25 Visiting UK boyfriend