I am in desperate need of clear advice. I am moving to France and the state veterinarian at the USDA here in Hawaii says that my dog doesn't have to wait for the three month titre. He says that after the rabies vaccination he can travel to France after 3 weeks. He says we don't have to wait three months to check the rabies titre. I can't bear the thought of my dog being put in quaruntine if he is wrong. Can anyone confirm what is required in moving a dog from US to France? In the EU 998 it states that countries with low incidence of rabies don't have to wait for the titre, only the vaccine and health certificates are required. The US falls in the category of low incidence of rabies. The EU 998 was written in the early 2000's so I am not sure if this has changed or they have increased regulations. PLEASE HELP!! I need to move in December and don't want to leave my dog behind for 3 months but even more so don't want him in quarantine. Thank you!!
Dog moving to france from Hawaii
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 3 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 4 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Advises for trip to Russia
- 9 7 days in Andalucia
- 10 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 11 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 12 Planning a holiday
- 13 London at Easter
- 14 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 15 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 Traveling within Italy
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 20 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 Madrid to Sevilla
- 23 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 24 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped