I am in desperate need of clear advice. I am moving to France and the state veterinarian at the USDA here in Hawaii says that my dog doesn't have to wait for the three month titre. He says that after the rabies vaccination he can travel to France after 3 weeks. He says we don't have to wait three months to check the rabies titre. I can't bear the thought of my dog being put in quaruntine if he is wrong. Can anyone confirm what is required in moving a dog from US to France? In the EU 998 it states that countries with low incidence of rabies don't have to wait for the titre, only the vaccine and health certificates are required. The US falls in the category of low incidence of rabies. The EU 998 was written in the early 2000's so I am not sure if this has changed or they have increased regulations. PLEASE HELP!! I need to move in December and don't want to leave my dog behind for 3 months but even more so don't want him in quarantine. Thank you!!
Dog moving to france from Hawaii
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in winter
- 2 Florence Hotel Advice
- 3 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 4 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 5 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 6 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 7 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 8 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 9 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 10 Airbnb scam
- 11 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 12 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 13 Viator.com in Turkey
- 14 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 15 Scottish Passport
- 16 Italy tours
- 17 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 18 The Gorges of Kakuetta
- 19 Two Days in Prague
- 20 Air France strike
- 21 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 22 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 23 Bodrum to instanbul
- 24 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 25 Can you help me make calls in Italy?