We were planning on hiring a taxi for our day in Malta (during our cruise stop) to take us from the port to Hagar Qim, followed by Mdina (where we would have lunch) and then on to Valletta, where we would be dropped off for the last few hours before we headed back to the boat. Since we're traveling with our toddler, I am getting increasingly concerned about trying to hire a taxi when we get off the ship. I don't want to have to worry about the availability, etc. and thought I'd look into the cost of getting a private driver for the half day instead. Please keep in mind that since we're traveling with our toddler, we're not planning on doing any in depth touring. Rather, we just want to get a taste of those three places. The tour company in Malta that I contacted suggested this itinerary for a four hour tour (145 euros- not sure how much a cab would be but this includes an English speaking driver) and I was hoping to get your feedback. The company says that it is a waste of the 4 hours to stop for lunch and instead proposes that we wait until we get dropped off in Valletta for a lunch break (obviously we'd be bringing ample snacks for our daughter!). They also suggest adding on Marksaxlokk for a brief stop. This is what they have proposed. Not sure if it is crazy or okay since we only are planning on getting a "taste" of the places anyway... Thanks for any advice/feedback!
0900hrs depart from ship/port
0930hrs - 0950hrs visit Marsaxlokk
1010hrs - 1040hrs drive through south and stop for Blue Grotto photo
1045hrs - 1115hrs visit Hagar Qim Temples
1140hrs - 1240hrs visit Mdina Medeival city
1300hrs drop off at Barraka Gardens in Valletta
Does this itinerary sound okay for a private tour in Malta?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in 21 days
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 4 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 7 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 8 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 9 UK for 12 days !
- 10 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 11 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 12 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 London hotel
- 15 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 16 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 17 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 18 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 19 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 20 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 Hotel in Venice
- 23 hotels in Seville
- 24 London tube
- 25 7 days in Greece