We were planning on hiring a taxi for our day in Malta (during our cruise stop) to take us from the port to Hagar Qim, followed by Mdina (where we would have lunch) and then on to Valletta, where we would be dropped off for the last few hours before we headed back to the boat. Since we're traveling with our toddler, I am getting increasingly concerned about trying to hire a taxi when we get off the ship. I don't want to have to worry about the availability, etc. and thought I'd look into the cost of getting a private driver for the half day instead. Please keep in mind that since we're traveling with our toddler, we're not planning on doing any in depth touring. Rather, we just want to get a taste of those three places. The tour company in Malta that I contacted suggested this itinerary for a four hour tour (145 euros- not sure how much a cab would be but this includes an English speaking driver) and I was hoping to get your feedback. The company says that it is a waste of the 4 hours to stop for lunch and instead proposes that we wait until we get dropped off in Valletta for a lunch break (obviously we'd be bringing ample snacks for our daughter!). They also suggest adding on Marksaxlokk for a brief stop. This is what they have proposed. Not sure if it is crazy or okay since we only are planning on getting a "taste" of the places anyway... Thanks for any advice/feedback!
0900hrs depart from ship/port
0930hrs - 0950hrs visit Marsaxlokk
1010hrs - 1040hrs drive through south and stop for Blue Grotto photo
1045hrs - 1115hrs visit Hagar Qim Temples
1140hrs - 1240hrs visit Mdina Medeival city
1300hrs drop off at Barraka Gardens in Valletta
Does this itinerary sound okay for a private tour in Malta?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 2 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 3 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 4 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 5 A full week in The Netherlands
- 6 Seven days in London, June, 2014
- 7 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 8 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 9 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 10 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 11 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 12 things in Rhonda
- 13 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 14 Southern Italy without a Car
- 15 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 16 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 17 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 18 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 19 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 20 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 21 Help Me Fill in the Blanks
- 22 Visit to Bath and London england
- 23 Planning third trip to France-where to next?
- 24 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 25 Tour Company in Russia