We were planning on hiring a taxi for our day in Malta (during our cruise stop) to take us from the port to Hagar Qim, followed by Mdina (where we would have lunch) and then on to Valletta, where we would be dropped off for the last few hours before we headed back to the boat. Since we're traveling with our toddler, I am getting increasingly concerned about trying to hire a taxi when we get off the ship. I don't want to have to worry about the availability, etc. and thought I'd look into the cost of getting a private driver for the half day instead. Please keep in mind that since we're traveling with our toddler, we're not planning on doing any in depth touring. Rather, we just want to get a taste of those three places. The tour company in Malta that I contacted suggested this itinerary for a four hour tour (145 euros- not sure how much a cab would be but this includes an English speaking driver) and I was hoping to get your feedback. The company says that it is a waste of the 4 hours to stop for lunch and instead proposes that we wait until we get dropped off in Valletta for a lunch break (obviously we'd be bringing ample snacks for our daughter!). They also suggest adding on Marksaxlokk for a brief stop. This is what they have proposed. Not sure if it is crazy or okay since we only are planning on getting a "taste" of the places anyway... Thanks for any advice/feedback!
0900hrs depart from ship/port
0930hrs - 0950hrs visit Marsaxlokk
1010hrs - 1040hrs drive through south and stop for Blue Grotto photo
1045hrs - 1115hrs visit Hagar Qim Temples
1140hrs - 1240hrs visit Mdina Medeival city
1300hrs drop off at Barraka Gardens in Valletta
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia in December
- 2 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 3 Which is the nearest London airport to reach loughton
- 4 England and Wales by public transport
- 5 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 6 Travel vs. Babies
- 7 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 8 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 9 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 10 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 11 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 12 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 13 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 14 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 15 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 16 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 17 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 18 Vienna or Budapest?
- 19 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 20 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 21 Will you skip Vienna for other city?
- 22 Rome to Florence Road Trip, Vineyard Recommendations
- 23 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 24 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 25 Budapest Hotels
Does this itinerary sound okay for a private tour in Malta?