We were planning on hiring a taxi for our day in Malta (during our cruise stop) to take us from the port to Hagar Qim, followed by Mdina (where we would have lunch) and then on to Valletta, where we would be dropped off for the last few hours before we headed back to the boat. Since we're traveling with our toddler, I am getting increasingly concerned about trying to hire a taxi when we get off the ship. I don't want to have to worry about the availability, etc. and thought I'd look into the cost of getting a private driver for the half day instead. Please keep in mind that since we're traveling with our toddler, we're not planning on doing any in depth touring. Rather, we just want to get a taste of those three places. The tour company in Malta that I contacted suggested this itinerary for a four hour tour (145 euros- not sure how much a cab would be but this includes an English speaking driver) and I was hoping to get your feedback. The company says that it is a waste of the 4 hours to stop for lunch and instead proposes that we wait until we get dropped off in Valletta for a lunch break (obviously we'd be bringing ample snacks for our daughter!). They also suggest adding on Marksaxlokk for a brief stop. This is what they have proposed. Not sure if it is crazy or okay since we only are planning on getting a "taste" of the places anyway... Thanks for any advice/feedback!
0900hrs depart from ship/port
0930hrs - 0950hrs visit Marsaxlokk
1010hrs - 1040hrs drive through south and stop for Blue Grotto photo
1045hrs - 1115hrs visit Hagar Qim Temples
1140hrs - 1240hrs visit Mdina Medeival city
1300hrs drop off at Barraka Gardens in Valletta
Does this itinerary sound okay for a private tour in Malta?
- 1 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 2 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 3 First time student to Europe- Need help with ticket purchase and itinerary
- 4 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 5 2 days to get from Paris to Rome
- 6 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 7 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 8 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 9 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 10 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 11 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 12 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 13 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 14 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 15 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 16 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 17 Stop over in France
- 18 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 19 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 20 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 21 Family Trip in July - General Guidance Would be Appreciated
- 22 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 23 2 weeks in Slovenia and Croatia--Need help planning
- 24 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 25 Northern Italy