We were planning on hiring a taxi for our day in Malta (during our cruise stop) to take us from the port to Hagar Qim, followed by Mdina (where we would have lunch) and then on to Valletta, where we would be dropped off for the last few hours before we headed back to the boat. Since we're traveling with our toddler, I am getting increasingly concerned about trying to hire a taxi when we get off the ship. I don't want to have to worry about the availability, etc. and thought I'd look into the cost of getting a private driver for the half day instead. Please keep in mind that since we're traveling with our toddler, we're not planning on doing any in depth touring. Rather, we just want to get a taste of those three places. The tour company in Malta that I contacted suggested this itinerary for a four hour tour (145 euros- not sure how much a cab would be but this includes an English speaking driver) and I was hoping to get your feedback. The company says that it is a waste of the 4 hours to stop for lunch and instead proposes that we wait until we get dropped off in Valletta for a lunch break (obviously we'd be bringing ample snacks for our daughter!). They also suggest adding on Marksaxlokk for a brief stop. This is what they have proposed. Not sure if it is crazy or okay since we only are planning on getting a "taste" of the places anyway... Thanks for any advice/feedback!
0900hrs depart from ship/port
0930hrs - 0950hrs visit Marsaxlokk
1010hrs - 1040hrs drive through south and stop for Blue Grotto photo
1045hrs - 1115hrs visit Hagar Qim Temples
1140hrs - 1240hrs visit Mdina Medeival city
1300hrs drop off at Barraka Gardens in Valletta
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 2 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 3 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 4 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 5 London with kids
- 6 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 7 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 8 Best Route Belmonte to Pinhao
- 9 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 10 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 11 Pousadas in Portugal
- 12 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March
- 13 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 14 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 15 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 16 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 17 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 18 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 19 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 20 Flight Cost to Athens
- 21 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 22 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 23 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 24 Public Transport information App/Website
- 25 Hotel advice
Does this itinerary sound okay for a private tour in Malta?