We were planning on hiring a taxi for our day in Malta (during our cruise stop) to take us from the port to Hagar Qim, followed by Mdina (where we would have lunch) and then on to Valletta, where we would be dropped off for the last few hours before we headed back to the boat. Since we're traveling with our toddler, I am getting increasingly concerned about trying to hire a taxi when we get off the ship. I don't want to have to worry about the availability, etc. and thought I'd look into the cost of getting a private driver for the half day instead. Please keep in mind that since we're traveling with our toddler, we're not planning on doing any in depth touring. Rather, we just want to get a taste of those three places. The tour company in Malta that I contacted suggested this itinerary for a four hour tour (145 euros- not sure how much a cab would be but this includes an English speaking driver) and I was hoping to get your feedback. The company says that it is a waste of the 4 hours to stop for lunch and instead proposes that we wait until we get dropped off in Valletta for a lunch break (obviously we'd be bringing ample snacks for our daughter!). They also suggest adding on Marksaxlokk for a brief stop. This is what they have proposed. Not sure if it is crazy or okay since we only are planning on getting a "taste" of the places anyway... Thanks for any advice/feedback!
0900hrs depart from ship/port
0930hrs - 0950hrs visit Marsaxlokk
1010hrs - 1040hrs drive through south and stop for Blue Grotto photo
1045hrs - 1115hrs visit Hagar Qim Temples
1140hrs - 1240hrs visit Mdina Medeival city
1300hrs drop off at Barraka Gardens in Valletta
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 2 Going to Russia
- 3 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 4 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 5 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 6 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 7 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 8 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 9 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 10 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 11 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 12 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 13 France or Italy town recommendations needed for 3 week stay
- 14 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 15 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 16 Germany/Austria...with a toddler
- 17 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 18 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 19 Suggestions for summer 38 night itinerary with kids and a mom in tow?
- 20 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 21 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 22 Edinburgh to Skye
- 23 A Month stay in Southern France
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
Does this itinerary sound okay for a private tour in Malta?