I've read a lot of threads here on itineraries and came up with this itinerary (below) for an early August 2006 trip. Is it too late to book the hotels?
Are the routes and sites to see doable in the time I outlined or too rushed? Am I missing any key sites I really should see? Are there some I should skip?
Are these the best cities/towns for overnights? How do I find the best hotel bookings?
DAY 1: LAX to BOS; BOS to KEF
Day 2: Arrive Reykjavik 6:30 am rest day, stay at Reykjavik Hotel
3: Drive Golden Circle stay at Reykjavik Hotel
4: Drive to Akureyri: 5 hour drive then wander town, stay at Akureyri Hotel
5: Drive toward Egalsstadir: See Myvatn Volcanic lake, Godafoss waterfall and Krafla volcano area, stay at Egalsstadir area Hotel
6: Drive toward Hofn: See East fjords drive and view of Vatnajokull glacier, take Jokulsarlen glacier boat ride, Ingolfshofdi puffins? (gone in 2nd week of August???), stay at Hofn area Hotel
7: Drive toward Vik: See Skaftafell Park glacier and black sands, stay at Vik area Hotel
8: Drive toward Reykjavik: See Seiljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls, Thingveliir Nat’l Park, stay at Reykjavik Hotel
9: Reykjavik: Wander around. Stay at Reykjavik Hotel
10: Depart 5pm
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Will I need to go through immigration at Heathrow?
- 3 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 4 Loire or Provence in January?
- 5 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 6 Uber Apologizes for London Mistakes...
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 10 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 11 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Day trip from London in December
- 17 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 18 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 19 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 24 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 25 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley