I've read a lot of threads here on itineraries and came up with this itinerary (below) for an early August 2006 trip. Is it too late to book the hotels?
Are the routes and sites to see doable in the time I outlined or too rushed? Am I missing any key sites I really should see? Are there some I should skip?
Are these the best cities/towns for overnights? How do I find the best hotel bookings?
DAY 1: LAX to BOS; BOS to KEF
Day 2: Arrive Reykjavik 6:30 am rest day, stay at Reykjavik Hotel
3: Drive Golden Circle stay at Reykjavik Hotel
4: Drive to Akureyri: 5 hour drive then wander town, stay at Akureyri Hotel
5: Drive toward Egalsstadir: See Myvatn Volcanic lake, Godafoss waterfall and Krafla volcano area, stay at Egalsstadir area Hotel
6: Drive toward Hofn: See East fjords drive and view of Vatnajokull glacier, take Jokulsarlen glacier boat ride, Ingolfshofdi puffins? (gone in 2nd week of August???), stay at Hofn area Hotel
7: Drive toward Vik: See Skaftafell Park glacier and black sands, stay at Vik area Hotel
8: Drive toward Reykjavik: See Seiljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls, Thingveliir Nat’l Park, stay at Reykjavik Hotel
9: Reykjavik: Wander around. Stay at Reykjavik Hotel
10: Depart 5pm
Does this Iceland Itinerary Work? Best Routes? Sites?
- 1 Musée Marmottan - anything there?
- 2 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 3 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 4 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 5 Paris Recommendations
- 6 Europe Winter in 16 days
- 7 Suggestions for France Italy
- 8 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 9 London at Xmas
- 10 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 11 Which tour company would be best?
- 12 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 13 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 14 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 15 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 16 France by rail or car?
- 17 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 18 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 19 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail
- 20 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 21 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 22 Bank of England Museum
- 23 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 24 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 25 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich