I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but can't get a concrete answer out of anyone.
I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Berlin on May 9. I would like to attend a conference which ends on August 14.
If I leave the Schengen region for 5 days and head to London, does my tourist visa pause for the days that I am out of the region, and resume when I re-enter? Could I conceivably leave on August 14, if I spent 5 days out of the Schengen zone? Not attempting to overstay, simply confused about this aspect of the law.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 2 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 3 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 4 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 5 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 6 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 7 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 10 Antwerp Tram
- 11 Trip report European honeymoon
- 12 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 13 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 14 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 15 Day trip from Split to Hvar - to Stari Grad or Hvar City?
- 16 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 17 Alhambra
- 18 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 19 Provence Lavender fields in July
- 20 Balloch to the Isle of Skye
- 21 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 22 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 23 Driving Croatia, Montenegro & Albania
- 24 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 25 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
Does Leaving Schengen Zone During 90 Day Tourist Visa Pause the Visa?