I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but can't get a concrete answer out of anyone.
I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Berlin on May 9. I would like to attend a conference which ends on August 14.
If I leave the Schengen region for 5 days and head to London, does my tourist visa pause for the days that I am out of the region, and resume when I re-enter? Could I conceivably leave on August 14, if I spent 5 days out of the Schengen zone? Not attempting to overstay, simply confused about this aspect of the law.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undisclsoed location
- 2 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 3 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 4 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 5 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 6 Praiano
- 7 Rome-Itinerary
- 8 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 9 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 10 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 11 Venice
- 12 Rome to venice
- 13 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 14 Gucci/Prada outlet near Florence
- 15 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 16 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 17 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 18 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 19 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 20 help with Italy itinerary
- 21 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 22 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 23 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 24 Chamonix to Paris
- 25 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
Does Leaving Schengen Zone During 90 Day Tourist Visa Pause the Visa?