I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but can't get a concrete answer out of anyone.
I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Berlin on May 9. I would like to attend a conference which ends on August 14.
If I leave the Schengen region for 5 days and head to London, does my tourist visa pause for the days that I am out of the region, and resume when I re-enter? Could I conceivably leave on August 14, if I spent 5 days out of the Schengen zone? Not attempting to overstay, simply confused about this aspect of the law.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 Bernina Express mid-March
- 4 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 8 A Month stay in Southern France
- 9 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 13 Croatia transportation question.
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 16 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 17 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 18 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 19 2017 Easter in Italy
- 20 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 21 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 22 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 23 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 24 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice
Does Leaving Schengen Zone During 90 Day Tourist Visa Pause the Visa?