I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but can't get a concrete answer out of anyone.
I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Berlin on May 9. I would like to attend a conference which ends on August 14.
If I leave the Schengen region for 5 days and head to London, does my tourist visa pause for the days that I am out of the region, and resume when I re-enter? Could I conceivably leave on August 14, if I spent 5 days out of the Schengen zone? Not attempting to overstay, simply confused about this aspect of the law.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT EPSON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 3 Russia in two weeks in December
- 4 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 5 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 6 Schengen Rule
- 7 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 8 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 9 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 10 9 Days in Spain
- 11 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 12 Norway Honeymoon
- 13 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 14 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 15 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 16 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 17 Our future trip to Greece
- 18 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 21 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 22 Quizz !
- 23 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 24 Pay attention to your watches !
- 25 First - but not last - trip to Greece
Does Leaving Schengen Zone During 90 Day Tourist Visa Pause the Visa?