I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but can't get a concrete answer out of anyone.
I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Berlin on May 9. I would like to attend a conference which ends on August 14.
If I leave the Schengen region for 5 days and head to London, does my tourist visa pause for the days that I am out of the region, and resume when I re-enter? Could I conceivably leave on August 14, if I spent 5 days out of the Schengen zone? Not attempting to overstay, simply confused about this aspect of the law.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 2 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 3 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 4 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 5 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 6 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 7 train from ams to paris
- 8 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 9 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 10 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 11 Poland in September
- 12 Why I loved Riga (Latvia)
- 13 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 14 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 15 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 16 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 17 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 18 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 19 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 20 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 21 Cordoba or Granada?
- 22 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?
- 23 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 24 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 25 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
Does Leaving Schengen Zone During 90 Day Tourist Visa Pause the Visa?