I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but can't get a concrete answer out of anyone.
I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Berlin on May 9. I would like to attend a conference which ends on August 14.
If I leave the Schengen region for 5 days and head to London, does my tourist visa pause for the days that I am out of the region, and resume when I re-enter? Could I conceivably leave on August 14, if I spent 5 days out of the Schengen zone? Not attempting to overstay, simply confused about this aspect of the law.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dolomites October 14-18
- 2 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 3 Train Help
- 4 Charles Degaulle question
- 5 Sept. 2016. GTG...possibly 14th-17th
- 6 Trains France/Switzerland
- 7 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 8 Switzerland itinerary help
- 9 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 10 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 11 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 12 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 13 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 14 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 15 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 16 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 17 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 18 Norway Itinerary
- 19 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 20 Renting a car in Florence
- 21 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 22 Hammams in Spain
- 23 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 24 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 25 Train rides
Does Leaving Schengen Zone During 90 Day Tourist Visa Pause the Visa?