I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but can't get a concrete answer out of anyone.
I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Berlin on May 9. I would like to attend a conference which ends on August 14.
If I leave the Schengen region for 5 days and head to London, does my tourist visa pause for the days that I am out of the region, and resume when I re-enter? Could I conceivably leave on August 14, if I spent 5 days out of the Schengen zone? Not attempting to overstay, simply confused about this aspect of the law.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 2 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 3 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 6 Edinbrugh
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 9 Berlin to ?
- 10 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 11 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 12 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 13 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 14 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 15 Maximizing Norway time
- 16 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 17 Hotels in Turin
- 18 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 19 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 3 days solo in London
- 22 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 23 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 Scotland
Does Leaving Schengen Zone During 90 Day Tourist Visa Pause the Visa?