I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but can't get a concrete answer out of anyone.
I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Berlin on May 9. I would like to attend a conference which ends on August 14.
If I leave the Schengen region for 5 days and head to London, does my tourist visa pause for the days that I am out of the region, and resume when I re-enter? Could I conceivably leave on August 14, if I spent 5 days out of the Schengen zone? Not attempting to overstay, simply confused about this aspect of the law.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 2 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 3 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 4 Daughter has British passport can she get free education in UK
- 5 Bandol port of call
- 6 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 7 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 8 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 9 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 10 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 11 Help with London accomodation - totally confused now.
- 12 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 13 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 14 Scotland Highlands
- 15 Bavaria in August
- 16 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 17 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 18 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 19 Lake Garda or Lake Lugano?
- 20 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 21 Hyeres? Grimaud? elsewhere?
- 22 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 23 What clothes?
- 24 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 25 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
Does Leaving Schengen Zone During 90 Day Tourist Visa Pause the Visa?