I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but can't get a concrete answer out of anyone.
I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Berlin on May 9. I would like to attend a conference which ends on August 14.
If I leave the Schengen region for 5 days and head to London, does my tourist visa pause for the days that I am out of the region, and resume when I re-enter? Could I conceivably leave on August 14, if I spent 5 days out of the Schengen zone? Not attempting to overstay, simply confused about this aspect of the law.
Does Leaving Schengen Zone During 90 Day Tourist Visa Pause the Visa?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 2 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 10 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 11 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 12 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 13 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 14 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 15 Europe in 21 days
- 16 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 19 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 20 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 21 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 22 Spain Questions
- 23 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 24 Avignon to London?
- 25 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!