I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but can't get a concrete answer out of anyone.
I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Berlin on May 9. I would like to attend a conference which ends on August 14.
If I leave the Schengen region for 5 days and head to London, does my tourist visa pause for the days that I am out of the region, and resume when I re-enter? Could I conceivably leave on August 14, if I spent 5 days out of the Schengen zone? Not attempting to overstay, simply confused about this aspect of the law.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 2 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 3 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 4 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 5 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 6 Spain Itinerary Help
- 7 Barcelona completely overrated
- 8 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 9 Girona and Besalau
- 10 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 11 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 12 Europe Destination with kids?
- 13 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 14 Cork or Galway?
- 15 Villa near Florence Italy
- 16 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 17 MiFi in Italy
- 18 Villa near Florence Italy
- 19 French lavender and cottages
- 20 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 21 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 22 England and Wales by public transport
- 23 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 24 Guides - Matera
- 25 One quick week -- where in France?
Does Leaving Schengen Zone During 90 Day Tourist Visa Pause the Visa?