I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but can't get a concrete answer out of anyone.
I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Berlin on May 9. I would like to attend a conference which ends on August 14.
If I leave the Schengen region for 5 days and head to London, does my tourist visa pause for the days that I am out of the region, and resume when I re-enter? Could I conceivably leave on August 14, if I spent 5 days out of the Schengen zone? Not attempting to overstay, simply confused about this aspect of the law.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 2 International Flight Question
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 5 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 6 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 7 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 8 6-7 Days in France
- 9 Dijon in December!
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 12 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 13 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 14 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 15 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 20 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 21 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Korean Messages
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Amalfi Coast - help!
Does Leaving Schengen Zone During 90 Day Tourist Visa Pause the Visa?