Me and my wife will be doing 2 weeks in france (provence/ cote dazure) and Italy (cinque terre/ lake como/ Verona). We will stay in each destination for 3 days.
My concern is we are going to some pretty touristy places and sometimes the charm of Italy is lost in these tourist mecca's. I wanted to add some small town "FLAVOR" to the trip.
I was thinking of Lucca in Tuscany and Parma (or surrounding area Emiglia romana)
Where can i cut a few days. We where thinking cinque terre might be the one. maybe also cote dazure
What do you guys think???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 2 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 5 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 6 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 7 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 8 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 9 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 10 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 11 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 12 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 13 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 14 Oyster card?
- 15 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 16 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 17 London Theater
- 18 multi city flights to europe
- 19 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 20 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 21 Switzerland in September
- 22 Milan and Lake Como
- 23 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 24 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 25 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?