Me and my wife will be doing 2 weeks in france (provence/ cote dazure) and Italy (cinque terre/ lake como/ Verona). We will stay in each destination for 3 days.
My concern is we are going to some pretty touristy places and sometimes the charm of Italy is lost in these tourist mecca's. I wanted to add some small town "FLAVOR" to the trip.
I was thinking of Lucca in Tuscany and Parma (or surrounding area Emiglia romana)
Where can i cut a few days. We where thinking cinque terre might be the one. maybe also cote dazure
What do you guys think???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Revised itinerary for italy
- 2 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 3 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 7 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 8 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 9 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 10 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 11 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 12 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 13 Juangfrau / mt
- 14 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 17 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 22 Questions about Polish sights
- 23 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 UK in July -- early planning stages