We will be traveling in France in late April and May. We have several trains to catch on the intercity lines not TGV, it would appear. We are doing the following:
* Montparnasse to Ste Malo (Tuesday)
* Rouen to Paris (Sunday after Thursday 1st May)
* Paris to Clamecy (Friday)
* Nevers to Lyon (Saturday Morning)
Do we need to book any of these trips?
Would a train pass be worthwhile?
What class of ticket do we need as we will have luggage with us?
If it was here in Sydney we would just buy a ticket 10 minutes before the train.
I'm lead to believe a pre booked ticket would not ensure a seat on these trains.
Thanks so much as we have not caught inter city trains in France before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece Itinerary
- 2 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 3 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 4 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 5 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 6 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 7 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 8 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 9 evening of song and dance
- 10 Hallstatt to Salzburg- getting back transportation questions
- 11 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 12 Scotland Highlands Help
- 13 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 14 Bed & Breakfast in Ireland - need reservations?
- 15 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 16 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 17 Ravenna Mosaics
- 18 Navigating the Swiss travel system
- 19 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 20 Amsterdam, Germany
- 21 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 24 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 25 Day Trip Orleans to Provins, an Italian Hill Town in France