We will be traveling in France in late April and May. We have several trains to catch on the intercity lines not TGV, it would appear. We are doing the following:
* Montparnasse to Ste Malo (Tuesday)
* Rouen to Paris (Sunday after Thursday 1st May)
* Paris to Clamecy (Friday)
* Nevers to Lyon (Saturday Morning)
Do we need to book any of these trips?
Would a train pass be worthwhile?
What class of ticket do we need as we will have luggage with us?
If it was here in Sydney we would just buy a ticket 10 minutes before the train.
I'm lead to believe a pre booked ticket would not ensure a seat on these trains.
Thanks so much as we have not caught inter city trains in France before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 2 House Hunting in France
- 3 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 4 Sicily
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 7 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 8 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 9 Hotel in Vienna
- 10 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 11 If you had to choose one......
- 12 Car rental from Barcelona
- 13 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 14 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 15 Itinerary Tweaking
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 19 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 20 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Ireland in April
- 23 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Help with Ireland itinerary