We will be traveling in France in late April and May. We have several trains to catch on the intercity lines not TGV, it would appear. We are doing the following:
* Montparnasse to Ste Malo (Tuesday)
* Rouen to Paris (Sunday after Thursday 1st May)
* Paris to Clamecy (Friday)
* Nevers to Lyon (Saturday Morning)
Do we need to book any of these trips?
Would a train pass be worthwhile?
What class of ticket do we need as we will have luggage with us?
If it was here in Sydney we would just buy a ticket 10 minutes before the train.
I'm lead to believe a pre booked ticket would not ensure a seat on these trains.
Thanks so much as we have not caught inter city trains in France before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 2 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 3 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 4 Paris Under Seige...
- 5 What one thing in Paris?
- 6 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 7 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 8 penis enlargement cream+27764457572 USA/UK/FLORIDA/DUBAI/BRASIL/UAE
- 9 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 10 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 11 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 12 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 13 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 14 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 15 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 16 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 17 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 18 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 19 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 20 Help with Itineray Central Europe
- 21 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 22 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 23 Global Travel Warning...
- 24 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 25 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation