We will be traveling in France in late April and May. We have several trains to catch on the intercity lines not TGV, it would appear. We are doing the following:
* Montparnasse to Ste Malo (Tuesday)
* Rouen to Paris (Sunday after Thursday 1st May)
* Paris to Clamecy (Friday)
* Nevers to Lyon (Saturday Morning)
Do we need to book any of these trips?
Would a train pass be worthwhile?
What class of ticket do we need as we will have luggage with us?
If it was here in Sydney we would just buy a ticket 10 minutes before the train.
I'm lead to believe a pre booked ticket would not ensure a seat on these trains.
Thanks so much as we have not caught inter city trains in France before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Airline to Rome
- 3 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 4 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 5 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 8 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 9 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 10 PARIS
- 11 Stu Tower
- 12 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 13 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 14 First Solo Adventure
- 15 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 16 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 17 Trains in Italy
- 18 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 19 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 20 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 21 Dublin Luggage storage
- 22 Any reviews on Fires de Sant Narcis, Girona?
- 23 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 24 Towns around Lucca
- 25 Spain: train/rental car help