We will be traveling in France in late April and May. We have several trains to catch on the intercity lines not TGV, it would appear. We are doing the following:
* Montparnasse to Ste Malo (Tuesday)
* Rouen to Paris (Sunday after Thursday 1st May)
* Paris to Clamecy (Friday)
* Nevers to Lyon (Saturday Morning)
Do we need to book any of these trips?
Would a train pass be worthwhile?
What class of ticket do we need as we will have luggage with us?
If it was here in Sydney we would just buy a ticket 10 minutes before the train.
I'm lead to believe a pre booked ticket would not ensure a seat on these trains.
Thanks so much as we have not caught inter city trains in France before.
Do we need to book trains in France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 3 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 4 flea markets in France
- 5 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 6 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 7 Madrid apartments
- 8 London neighborhood suggestions
- 9 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 10 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 11 I need a haircut
- 12 Timing a river cruise
- 13 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 14 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 15 We Need a Pact
- 16 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 17 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 18 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 19 Tipping in Greece
- 20 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 21 Honeymooning in Europe
- 22 Southern France
- 23 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 24 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 25 Spain tips beyond safety