We will be traveling in France in late April and May. We have several trains to catch on the intercity lines not TGV, it would appear. We are doing the following:
* Montparnasse to Ste Malo (Tuesday)
* Rouen to Paris (Sunday after Thursday 1st May)
* Paris to Clamecy (Friday)
* Nevers to Lyon (Saturday Morning)
Do we need to book any of these trips?
Would a train pass be worthwhile?
What class of ticket do we need as we will have luggage with us?
If it was here in Sydney we would just buy a ticket 10 minutes before the train.
I'm lead to believe a pre booked ticket would not ensure a seat on these trains.
Thanks so much as we have not caught inter city trains in France before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 2 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 3 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 4 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 5 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 6 3 nights in Madrid
- 7 Help with Ireland Trip
- 8 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 9 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 10 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 11 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 12 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 13 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 14 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 15 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 16 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 17 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 18 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 19 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 20 Iceland trip report!
- 21 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 22 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 23 Bernese Oberland
- 24 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 25 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou