We will be traveling in France in late April and May. We have several trains to catch on the intercity lines not TGV, it would appear. We are doing the following:
* Montparnasse to Ste Malo (Tuesday)
* Rouen to Paris (Sunday after Thursday 1st May)
* Paris to Clamecy (Friday)
* Nevers to Lyon (Saturday Morning)
Do we need to book any of these trips?
Would a train pass be worthwhile?
What class of ticket do we need as we will have luggage with us?
If it was here in Sydney we would just buy a ticket 10 minutes before the train.
I'm lead to believe a pre booked ticket would not ensure a seat on these trains.
Thanks so much as we have not caught inter city trains in France before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 2 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 3 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 4 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 5 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 6 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 7 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 8 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 9 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 10 Visiting Zurich
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 13 Andalucia Spain
- 14 Germany-Car or Train
- 15 The DCC scam is spreading
- 16 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 Valencia Spain
- 19 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 20 Any downside when booking codeshare flights?
- 21 Whistle stop family road trip
- 22 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 23 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 24 Scotland itinerary advice
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip