We will be traveling in France in late April and May. We have several trains to catch on the intercity lines not TGV, it would appear. We are doing the following:
* Montparnasse to Ste Malo (Tuesday)
* Rouen to Paris (Sunday after Thursday 1st May)
* Paris to Clamecy (Friday)
* Nevers to Lyon (Saturday Morning)
Do we need to book any of these trips?
Would a train pass be worthwhile?
What class of ticket do we need as we will have luggage with us?
If it was here in Sydney we would just buy a ticket 10 minutes before the train.
I'm lead to believe a pre booked ticket would not ensure a seat on these trains.
Thanks so much as we have not caught inter city trains in France before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 special meals, 2 GTGs, Benedict Cumberbatch and a Tattoo
- 2 London Open House Weekend and Moreton in Marsh
- 3 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 4 All French taxis now obliged to accept cards
- 5 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 6 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 7 Still another Normandy question
- 8 Weekend in Paris in October
- 9 In Barcelona...Montjuic
- 10 Around Geneva?
- 11 Traveling around Lake Geneva
- 12 Cars in France
- 13 Rome/Florence
- 14 Paris
- 15 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 16 COPENHAGEN or STOCKHOLM for 4-5 days?
- 17 First European Vacation )
- 18 Advice for Siena and Orvieto?
- 19 which dordogne caves AND in which order?
- 20 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 21 Where to go
- 22 MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
- 23 London: Xmas Break Trip - One Week Itinerary
- 24 London theatre
- 25 Roma Pass question on Borghese reservation