We will be traveling in France in late April and May. We have several trains to catch on the intercity lines not TGV, it would appear. We are doing the following:
* Montparnasse to Ste Malo (Tuesday)
* Rouen to Paris (Sunday after Thursday 1st May)
* Paris to Clamecy (Friday)
* Nevers to Lyon (Saturday Morning)
Do we need to book any of these trips?
Would a train pass be worthwhile?
What class of ticket do we need as we will have luggage with us?
If it was here in Sydney we would just buy a ticket 10 minutes before the train.
I'm lead to believe a pre booked ticket would not ensure a seat on these trains.
Thanks so much as we have not caught inter city trains in France before.
Do we need to book trains in France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need some initial thoughts on itinerary - Dresden, Potsdam, Berlin
- 2 Cosmos Tour - 9 days Prague, Vienna & Budapest
- 3 Sevilla- Triana Restaurant Recommendation
- 4 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 5 Suggestions needed for time in Florence
- 6 In Sevilla now, charged for silverware and olives at resto
- 7 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 8 splitting time between Barcelona and Seville for Semana Santa
- 9 Noordam transatlantic
- 10 Outdoor Adventures in Sicily in late July/early August?
- 11 Solo train travel in Germany
- 12 Pompeii train to Naples
- 13 greece hotels
- 14 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 15 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 16 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 17 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 18 Has anyone visited Marburg, Germany?
- 19 Short Corsica trip in/out of Ajaccio - itinerary musts?
- 20 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 21 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 22 Train Routing
- 23 Please help me with the itinerary !!
- 24 Day trips from Sorrento
- 25 Train From Paris to Beaune