We will be traveling in France in late April and May. We have several trains to catch on the intercity lines not TGV, it would appear. We are doing the following:
* Montparnasse to Ste Malo (Tuesday)
* Rouen to Paris (Sunday after Thursday 1st May)
* Paris to Clamecy (Friday)
* Nevers to Lyon (Saturday Morning)
Do we need to book any of these trips?
Would a train pass be worthwhile?
What class of ticket do we need as we will have luggage with us?
If it was here in Sydney we would just buy a ticket 10 minutes before the train.
I'm lead to believe a pre booked ticket would not ensure a seat on these trains.
Thanks so much as we have not caught inter city trains in France before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 Renting bed linens and towels
- 3 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 4 Pre-paid International Calling Cards
- 5 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 6 Amalfi coast
- 7 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 8 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 9 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 10 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 11 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 12 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 13 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 14 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 15 Beaches in Southern France
- 16 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 17 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 18 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 19 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 20 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 21 French lavender and cottages
- 22 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 23 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 24 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 25 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik