We will be traveling in France in late April and May. We have several trains to catch on the intercity lines not TGV, it would appear. We are doing the following:
* Montparnasse to Ste Malo (Tuesday)
* Rouen to Paris (Sunday after Thursday 1st May)
* Paris to Clamecy (Friday)
* Nevers to Lyon (Saturday Morning)
Do we need to book any of these trips?
Would a train pass be worthwhile?
What class of ticket do we need as we will have luggage with us?
If it was here in Sydney we would just buy a ticket 10 minutes before the train.
I'm lead to believe a pre booked ticket would not ensure a seat on these trains.
Thanks so much as we have not caught inter city trains in France before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 2 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 3 Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest which to choose?
- 4 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 5 Netflix and Hulu
- 6 Trying to decide on a Colmar hotel for 4 nights
- 7 Find Ibis CDG/Take the Péripherique?
- 8 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 9 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 10 1 hour from Stockholm to Nynashamn
- 11 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 12 City Pass v. 2 for 1
- 13 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 14 Train & Car Rental Logistics from Florence
- 15 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report
- 16 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)
- 17 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 18 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 19 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 20 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 21 Corsica, Sicily or Cinque Terre for summer trip?
- 22 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 23 5 days in switzerland
- 24 Burgos vs Leon, Avila vs Segovia
- 25 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa