We will be a family of 5 (4 adults, one child) traveling from Seville to Granada to Toledo to Madrid. I've heard different opinions about whether or not we should rent a car and could use some solid advice.
We were thinking that we would not rent a car while in Seville and do day trips by train to Ronda, Cordoba, etc.
We thought we would rent a car to go to Granada and then Toledo. We would drop it off once we got to Madrid.
Does this sound reasonable? Should we try to find an apartment in Seville (we will be there 9 days) that has parking and keep a car there too, or is that too much of a hassle?
Thank you in advance.
Also, we will be arriving at different times in Seville via Madrid. (We are all flying into Madrid.) Is it easier to fly from Madrid to Seville or take the train? If we fly, the tickets are cheap, but we would have a 6 hour layover in Madrid. Is that worth it? The train is more expensive (at least from what I have found), and it seems like it would be a hassle to get to the station. What do most people do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 4 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 B&B in Ireland
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 9 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 10 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 11 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 12 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 13 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Alitala
- 16 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 17 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 22 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 23 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 24 Europe First Timers
- 25 Photography gear for Rome and Venice