We will be a family of 5 (4 adults, one child) traveling from Seville to Granada to Toledo to Madrid. I've heard different opinions about whether or not we should rent a car and could use some solid advice.
We were thinking that we would not rent a car while in Seville and do day trips by train to Ronda, Cordoba, etc.
We thought we would rent a car to go to Granada and then Toledo. We would drop it off once we got to Madrid.
Does this sound reasonable? Should we try to find an apartment in Seville (we will be there 9 days) that has parking and keep a car there too, or is that too much of a hassle?
Thank you in advance.
Also, we will be arriving at different times in Seville via Madrid. (We are all flying into Madrid.) Is it easier to fly from Madrid to Seville or take the train? If we fly, the tickets are cheap, but we would have a 6 hour layover in Madrid. Is that worth it? The train is more expensive (at least from what I have found), and it seems like it would be a hassle to get to the station. What do most people do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 2 Amsterdam hotels
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Europe itinerary questions
- 8 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 9 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 10 Brugge hotel help
- 11 Old European currency
- 12 Denmark or Sweden?
- 13 Five night Ireland Trip
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 London Hotels
- 18 10 days in Paris and......
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 1 month in Europe
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Intercity Notte training boarding time