On 28/09/2012 using the flight search engine Edreams I bought 3 Etickets for my family from http://www.edreams.com/ site for a return trip from Europe to United States. The Etickets covered 4 flights operated by United Airlines and Brussels Airlines. A few hours later on the same day I saw that I had made a mistake on all 3 Etickets by writing the first name instead of the last name and vice versa. I immediately sent an email to the company Edreams describing the situation and requested correction. This error description and request was repeated also in a phone call. In the following hours and days Edreams kept throwing the ball to United Airlines. In the meantime United Airlines employees declared clearly that the 3 Etickets cannot be used for boarding due to security regulations. They also with good will tried to modify the Etickets in vain. According to United Airlines the company Edreams sold the tickets and has control and responsibility on the tickets and even if this change was not covered by the contract between the customer and Edreams, Edreams could make a simple commercial gesture by canceling the tickets and issuing new ones since the payment was allready made anyway. But hell no, the guy from the Edreams Front Office did not even bother to pick up the phone. For them it is clear they have the money now the customer who is an idiot (yes because he used their service) has to buy new tickets. I strongly suggest that you do not use this website called Edreams.
Do not use Edreams to buy any airline tickets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 2 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 3 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 4 France 8 days
- 5 London Weekend
- 6 Alhambra questions
- 7 Baltic cruise ports
- 8 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 9 European Quiz Monday March 30
- 10 milan austria
- 11 Ef Tour 10 days in Bavaria then 15 in Köthen
- 12 Berlin: evening dining
- 13 Trip report Tuscany and Bologna
- 14 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 15 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 16 Still at a loss for best place to stop on Pyrenees Road trip.
- 17 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 18 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 19 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 20 Lake Bled vs. Soca Valley
- 21 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 22 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 23 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 24 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 25 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?