Travelling from Grindelwald to Verona on 28 September (3 people).
Have looked up trains Grindelwald to Milan (Depart 07:19, Arrive 11.35) via Spiez and Brig.
Is there any point in booking these in advance or can I book when in Grindelwald? I also plan to buy a Swiss Card when in Switz., which would actually make part of the journey free, so can I even book without having the Swiss Card now?
And what about the onward journey Milan to Verona? How easy is the transfer across platforms, etc? Do I book this in advance?
Thanks for any advice.
Do I need to book train Switzerland to Italy in advance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 2 Arriving in Prague
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 4 Months in Europe
- 5 2 Days in Rome
- 6 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 7 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 8 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 9 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 10 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 11 Tipping in the UK
- 12 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 13 2 weeks in Spain
- 14 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 15 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 16 Wines charted by flavor
- 17 Museum Pass
- 18 Central Europe itinerary
- 19 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 20 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 21 France in October
- 22 Day trips out of Florence?
- 23 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 24 Venice; recommendations
- 25 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????