Travelling from Grindelwald to Verona on 28 September (3 people).
Have looked up trains Grindelwald to Milan (Depart 07:19, Arrive 11.35) via Spiez and Brig.
Is there any point in booking these in advance or can I book when in Grindelwald? I also plan to buy a Swiss Card when in Switz., which would actually make part of the journey free, so can I even book without having the Swiss Card now?
And what about the onward journey Milan to Verona? How easy is the transfer across platforms, etc? Do I book this in advance?
Thanks for any advice.
Do I need to book train Switzerland to Italy in advance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 2 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 3 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 4 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 5 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 6 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 7 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 8 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 9 American Express
- 10 Airport ATMs
- 11 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 12 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 13 Three ferries to Mull
- 14 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 17 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 18 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 19 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 20 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 23 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 24 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 25 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014