A friend and I are staying at the Electra Palace Hotel in Athens this fall for three nights. The website describes it as "located in the heart of Athens, right across Syntagma Square," and we're hoping it's just a short walk from the Plaka. Is the area safe at night for two ladies, or should we stay close to (or in) the hotel? (We won't be out in the wee hours.) Any ideas for dinner would be appreciated! We like tavernas: Is it best to simply walk along and choose whatever looks good, or are reservations generally needed?
Dinner in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 2 Eastern Europe
- 3 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 4 First time to Switzerland
- 5 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 6 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 9 All Set To Go!!
- 10 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Airport ATMs
- 13 4 weeks in the UK
- 14 Granada
- 15 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 16 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Ulysses S. Grant's European Tour?
- 17 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 18 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 19 Switzerland help...?
- 20 London to Paris by train
- 21 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 22 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 23 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 24 Looking for clean & reputable hotels in Venice, Florence and Rome!
- 25 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??