A friend and I are staying at the Electra Palace Hotel in Athens this fall for three nights. The website describes it as "located in the heart of Athens, right across Syntagma Square," and we're hoping it's just a short walk from the Plaka. Is the area safe at night for two ladies, or should we stay close to (or in) the hotel? (We won't be out in the wee hours.) Any ideas for dinner would be appreciated! We like tavernas: Is it best to simply walk along and choose whatever looks good, or are reservations generally needed?
Dinner in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Votes "No"
- 2 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 3 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 4 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 5 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 6 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 7 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 8 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 9 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 10 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 11 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 12 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 13 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 14 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 15 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 16 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 17 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 18 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 19 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 20 Olive Oil
- 21 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 22 Wine tour from Verona?
- 23 Paris in 1 Day
- 24 January in Ireland: Recommendations on Lodging?
- 25 Madrid Apartment Rentals