A friend and I are staying at the Electra Palace Hotel in Athens this fall for three nights. The website describes it as "located in the heart of Athens, right across Syntagma Square," and we're hoping it's just a short walk from the Plaka. Is the area safe at night for two ladies, or should we stay close to (or in) the hotel? (We won't be out in the wee hours.) Any ideas for dinner would be appreciated! We like tavernas: Is it best to simply walk along and choose whatever looks good, or are reservations generally needed?
Dinner in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 2 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 3 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 6 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 7 Chip but no PIN
- 8 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 9 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 10 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 11 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 12 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 13 Stay near Paris
- 14 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Oktoberfest reservations
- 17 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 18 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 19 Eurostar booking
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 24 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 25 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?