A friend and I are staying at the Electra Palace Hotel in Athens this fall for three nights. The website describes it as "located in the heart of Athens, right across Syntagma Square," and we're hoping it's just a short walk from the Plaka. Is the area safe at night for two ladies, or should we stay close to (or in) the hotel? (We won't be out in the wee hours.) Any ideas for dinner would be appreciated! We like tavernas: Is it best to simply walk along and choose whatever looks good, or are reservations generally needed?
Dinner in Athens?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 2 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 3 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 4 Rome Accommodation
- 5 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 6 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 7 rent car / Munich
- 8 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Italian Lakes gardens
- 11 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 12 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 13 Greek islands from Turkey
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 TGV and Provence questions
- 16 Novels set in Greece
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 21 More help with housing in Puglia
- 22 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Weekend in Lake Bled?