A friend and I are staying at the Electra Palace Hotel in Athens this fall for three nights. The website describes it as "located in the heart of Athens, right across Syntagma Square," and we're hoping it's just a short walk from the Plaka. Is the area safe at night for two ladies, or should we stay close to (or in) the hotel? (We won't be out in the wee hours.) Any ideas for dinner would be appreciated! We like tavernas: Is it best to simply walk along and choose whatever looks good, or are reservations generally needed?
Dinner in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 3 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 5 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 6 London 2nd time around
- 7 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 8 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 9 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 10 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 11 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 12 2 weeks in Europe
- 13 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 14 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 15 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 16 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 17 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 18 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 19 Madrid and London
- 20 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 21 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 22 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 23 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 24 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 25 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3