Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Dinner at Aqua in the Shard London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 2 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 3 scotland trave;
- 4 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 5 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 6 4 days in Scotland
- 7 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 8 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 9 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 10 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 11 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 12 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 13 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 14 Iceland wedding
- 15 Best of Southern France, your favorites?
- 16 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 17 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 18 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 19 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 20 Accommodation
- 21 Airb2b in Paris
- 22 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 23 Freising or Erding?
- 24 Southwest Ireland - 3 Nights
- 25 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa