Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Dinner at Aqua in the Shard London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 4 American Express
- 5 Airport ATMs
- 6 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 7 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 8 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 9 Three ferries to Mull
- 10 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 13 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 14 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 20 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 21 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 22 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 23 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 24 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 25 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?