Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Dinner at Aqua in the Shard London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 2 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 3 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 4 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 5 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Day trips from Lisbon
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Italian Lakes
- 9 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 10 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 11 3 weeks (actually 20 nights!) in Spain
- 12 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 13 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 14 No Pooh in Poland
- 15 Another Paris apartment and Navigo Dcouverte thread
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 18 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 19 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 20 Taormina Sicily
- 21 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 22 Which West & East European Countries give the best bang for the buck?
- 23 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 24 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 25 Naxos in May