Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 2 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 3 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 4 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 5 Flight connection in CDG
- 6 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 7 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 8 Amsterdam, Germany
- 9 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 10 Ravenna Mosaics
- 11 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 12 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 13 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 14 Greece Itinerary
- 15 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 16 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 17 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 18 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 19 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 20 Help me choose a Central/Eastern Europe Itinerary
- 21 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 22 Our time in Rome
- 23 France for a month in 2017
- 24 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 25 Barcelona extension