Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Dinner at Aqua in the Shard London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 2 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 3 Bregenz or Lindau
- 4 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 5 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 6 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 7 Weekend in Norfolk
- 8 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 9 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 10 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 11 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 12 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 13 Winter in Paris
- 14 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 15 I need some big advice!
- 16 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.
- 17 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 18 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 19 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 22 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 23 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 24 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 25 Portugal Trip Report 2014