Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Dinner at Aqua in the Shard London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 2 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 3 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 4 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 5 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 6 Itinerary for Spain
- 7 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 8 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 9 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 10 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 11 2 different itineraries
- 12 Recommend a tour company?
- 13 Itinerary help
- 14 England in 7 days
- 15 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 16 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 17 Day Trips from Paris
- 18 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 19 Spanish Music
- 20 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 21 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 22 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 23 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 24 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 25 Arles as a base?