Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 2 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 3 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 4 Itinerary help...
- 5 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 6 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 7 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 8 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 9 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 10 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 11 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 12 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 13 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 14 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 15 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 16 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 A week in Paris
- 19 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 20 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 2 week itinery
- 23 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
- 24 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 25 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany