Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour groups
- 2 Driving in Italy?
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 5 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 6 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 7 Super Cover For Hertz
- 8 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 9 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 10 Baby Milk
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 13 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 16 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Hotel in Vienna
- 19 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 20 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 21 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 22 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 25 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia