Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 2 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 3 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 4 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 5 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 6 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 7 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 8 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 9 planning confusion
- 10 Croatia Itenerary
- 11 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 12 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 13 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 14 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 15 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 16 Day trips to Florence, Venice - Any Recommended Tour Companies
- 17 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 18 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 19 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 20 Shopping in Paris
- 21 8 day visit to Portugal
- 22 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 23 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 24 Schengen visa
- 25 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans