Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tech challenged: US car charger for IPHONE work in France and Italy
- 2 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 3 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 4 Edinburg for 24 hous
- 5 Buying Scrovegni Chapel tickets & Padova Card together
- 6 Our Next Europe Trip
- 7 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 8 How to rent a car...
- 9 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 10 12 days in Italy
- 11 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 12 Itinerary tips for first timers
- 13 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 14 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 15 Ski resorts on Christmas Day/Eve in Switzerland
- 16 Globus vs. Insight for Italy
- 17 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 18 Vienna to Salzburg Please Help
- 19 3 Full days in Venice, what would be your itinerary?
- 20 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 21 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?
- 22 Suggestions for an afternoon in Istanbul
- 23 2 Days in Istanbul
- 24 Journees du Patrimoine
- 25 Segovia Hotel