Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Dinner at Aqua in the Shard London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 2 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 3 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 4 Dublin to Cashel
- 5 want to have a trip in manchester united kingdom
- 6 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 7 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 8 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 9 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 10 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 11 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 12 Athens and which islands?
- 13 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 14 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 15 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 16 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 17 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 18 driving country-to-country: so many questions
- 19 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 20 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 21 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 22 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 23 Which Car to book at CDG in May 2015? Do you get Complimentary Upgrade?
- 24 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 25 Paris and Normandy Trains