Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Dinner at Aqua in the Shard London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 2 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 3 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 4 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 5 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 6 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 7 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 8 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 9 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 10 Getting cash in Spain
- 11 Spain Portugal 2015 schedule
- 12 How long in Venice?
- 13 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 14 10 days in England
- 15 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 16 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 17 Italy things to do?
- 18 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 19 Spend the day in Geneva or go straight to Chamonix?
- 20 Questions about the Chateau de Vincennes
- 21 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 22 Whose repsonsible?
- 23 Spending money in Italy?
- 24 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 25 stop in lisboa or not