Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 2 Running of the Bulls 2016
- 3 2 weeks in Laval France
- 4 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 5 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 6 EasyBus from CDG - reliable?
- 7 Intercity Train
- 8 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 9 Walking tour of Edinburgh
- 10 French Prem Train Fares
- 11 Lake Constance - Where to stay?
- 12 First Trip to Europe Itinerary
- 13 Best things to eat, see, do in Italy
- 14 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 15 Venice - things to do?
- 16 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 17 Vis versus Cavtat
- 18 Need some Venice planning help
- 19 A week in Verona. Please critique my daytrip list.
- 20 Finalizing Itinerary
- 21 Switzerland 5 days
- 22 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 23 [POLL] Have you ever been in NP Plitvice Lake in Croatia?
- 24 Provence/South of France
- 25 NORWAY itineray critique -- please give your opinion.