Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 2 Beaches in Southern France
- 3 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 4 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 5 Seville in late January
- 6 Norfolk base
- 7 Berlin restaurant recs
- 8 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 9 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 10 RFID Protection
- 11 3 days to spend in europe
- 12 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 13 Drinks in Spain
- 14 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 15 12 days europe
- 16 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 17 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 18 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 19 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 20 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 21 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 22 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 23 Spain Itinerary Help
- 24 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 25 13 days in Paris, plans and budget