Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team – we are all absolutely knackered!
The Partners booked the private dining room, looking East over London, not the very best view of London, as it is of Bermondsey, but it got better as the night progressed and the lights came on. Fixed price menu was £75 for three courses, but there is a minimum charge of £3000 for the room, so you either have to have a lot of people, or drink a lot. We chose the latter
We started at 1800. Wine flowed freely, and the food and the conversation was very good. Service is top notch! I had the Foie Gras to start, followed by the sirloin steak, I don’t like dessert, but those that do declared it very good indeed. I finished with a Champagne cocktail, which was a very bad idea, and truly finished me off! I poured myself into a taxi at 2300.
Its definitely worth a visit, even if only in the bar for a tipple. Views are extraordinary. Please note that there is a dress code – as I was coming in, a couple wearing jeans and running shoes were turned away.
Our team meeting today was on the HMS Belfast, followed by a very good lunch and a tour of the ship, which was both interesting, and deeply terrifying. How much we owe to those brave young boys, from all sides, that went off to war. Really good museum:
We followed that up this afternoon with go-karting in Bermondsey. I have not driven a car since moving to London three years ago. Just as well, given my performance – I was pathetic
Overall, a two excellent days with my colleagues.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://slimbodyketone.co.uk/expert-lift-iq/
- 2 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 3 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 4 Upcoming first trip to the UK
- 5 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 6 Trains from Granada
- 7 Cinque Terre with Mom (4 days)
- 8 Iceland-another itinerary help request
- 9 Rome & Florence with Mom (3 days)
- 10 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 11 Alhambra
- 12 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 13 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 14 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 15 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 16 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 17 3/4/ days South of France
- 18 Ten day tour of Assisi and Umbria during Candelmaggio
- 19 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 20 Florence and Rome
- 21 Need itinerary help for self-drive or tour from Cavan to N. Ireland
- 22 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 23 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 24 Switzerland Hotels
- 25 Bosch Parade