We'll be spending a week in Burgundy in June, staying near Meursault. We'll probably spend most of our time exploring the wine villages of the Cote D'Or (by foot, bike, and car), a day exploring Beaune, and a day exploring around Chablis/Ancy le Franc.
I'm looking for delicious cafe/bistro recommendations in these areas for our family which includes our 2 kids (12 and 9).
We'll probably cook in the gite most evenings but would like to know our options if we want to go out for 1-2 dinners. Most of our dining out will probably happen at lunch.
We are definitely on the foodie spectrum and love well made, locally sourced and seasonal food. We know there are tons of places to choose from, but we want to narrow the list to places that will slightly less formal, and be kid friendly (which means I'm not the kind of parent that insists on taking my kids to a top Michelin restaurant past their bedtimes, much to the dismay of other diners.) But just because we have kids, doesn't mean we want or need to dumb down the menu for them.
Even better, I'd also love to find a place with a great list of wines by the glass so we can sample more of the regional wines. In 5 days with only 2 of us, we can only open and drink so many bottles.
The kids are reasonably adventurous eaters with traditional French fare (duck confit, boeuf bourgignon, coq au vin, etc, and stinky cheeeeese!) But we are allergic to shellfish (ie, also escargots) So I would probably avoid anyplace that has a single option fix prix menu so we have choices.
Any special places you'd recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 2 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 3 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 4 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 5 Happy birthday ATM
- 6 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 9 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 10 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 11 2 days in Lugano area
- 12 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 13 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 14 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 15 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 18 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 19 Berlin to ?
- 20 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 21 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 22 Preliminary Trip Planning for Venice/Florence/Umbria in late September
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Trip Report – London, Devon and Somerset
- 25 Italy in January?