We'll be spending a week in Burgundy in June, staying near Meursault. We'll probably spend most of our time exploring the wine villages of the Cote D'Or (by foot, bike, and car), a day exploring Beaune, and a day exploring around Chablis/Ancy le Franc.
I'm looking for delicious cafe/bistro recommendations in these areas for our family which includes our 2 kids (12 and 9).
We'll probably cook in the gite most evenings but would like to know our options if we want to go out for 1-2 dinners. Most of our dining out will probably happen at lunch.
We are definitely on the foodie spectrum and love well made, locally sourced and seasonal food. We know there are tons of places to choose from, but we want to narrow the list to places that will slightly less formal, and be kid friendly (which means I'm not the kind of parent that insists on taking my kids to a top Michelin restaurant past their bedtimes, much to the dismay of other diners.) But just because we have kids, doesn't mean we want or need to dumb down the menu for them.
Even better, I'd also love to find a place with a great list of wines by the glass so we can sample more of the regional wines. In 5 days with only 2 of us, we can only open and drink so many bottles.
The kids are reasonably adventurous eaters with traditional French fare (duck confit, boeuf bourgignon, coq au vin, etc, and stinky cheeeeese!) But we are allergic to shellfish (ie, also escargots) So I would probably avoid anyplace that has a single option fix prix menu so we have choices.
Any special places you'd recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 2 2 days in Florence
- 3 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 4 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 7 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 8 base for Andalucia
- 9 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 12 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 13 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 16 Windsor Castle
- 17 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 18 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 19 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 20 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 21 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 22 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 23 4 nights in Sardinia
- 24 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 25 help deciding between 2 itineraries!