We'll be spending a week in Burgundy in June, staying near Meursault. We'll probably spend most of our time exploring the wine villages of the Cote D'Or (by foot, bike, and car), a day exploring Beaune, and a day exploring around Chablis/Ancy le Franc.
I'm looking for delicious cafe/bistro recommendations in these areas for our family which includes our 2 kids (12 and 9).
We'll probably cook in the gite most evenings but would like to know our options if we want to go out for 1-2 dinners. Most of our dining out will probably happen at lunch.
We are definitely on the foodie spectrum and love well made, locally sourced and seasonal food. We know there are tons of places to choose from, but we want to narrow the list to places that will slightly less formal, and be kid friendly (which means I'm not the kind of parent that insists on taking my kids to a top Michelin restaurant past their bedtimes, much to the dismay of other diners.) But just because we have kids, doesn't mean we want or need to dumb down the menu for them.
Even better, I'd also love to find a place with a great list of wines by the glass so we can sample more of the regional wines. In 5 days with only 2 of us, we can only open and drink so many bottles.
The kids are reasonably adventurous eaters with traditional French fare (duck confit, boeuf bourgignon, coq au vin, etc, and stinky cheeeeese!) But we are allergic to shellfish (ie, also escargots) So I would probably avoid anyplace that has a single option fix prix menu so we have choices.
Any special places you'd recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 2 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 3 Naples, Italy
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 6 Tuscany 6 nights
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 9 French restaurants
- 10 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 11 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 12 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 13 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 17 France & Italy, May or June
- 18 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 19 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 20 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 21 San Sebastian
- 22 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 23 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 24 Lisbon trip report
- 25 restaurants in Marais district