We'll be spending a week in Burgundy in June, staying near Meursault. We'll probably spend most of our time exploring the wine villages of the Cote D'Or (by foot, bike, and car), a day exploring Beaune, and a day exploring around Chablis/Ancy le Franc.
I'm looking for delicious cafe/bistro recommendations in these areas for our family which includes our 2 kids (12 and 9).
We'll probably cook in the gite most evenings but would like to know our options if we want to go out for 1-2 dinners. Most of our dining out will probably happen at lunch.
We are definitely on the foodie spectrum and love well made, locally sourced and seasonal food. We know there are tons of places to choose from, but we want to narrow the list to places that will slightly less formal, and be kid friendly (which means I'm not the kind of parent that insists on taking my kids to a top Michelin restaurant past their bedtimes, much to the dismay of other diners.) But just because we have kids, doesn't mean we want or need to dumb down the menu for them.
Even better, I'd also love to find a place with a great list of wines by the glass so we can sample more of the regional wines. In 5 days with only 2 of us, we can only open and drink so many bottles.
The kids are reasonably adventurous eaters with traditional French fare (duck confit, boeuf bourgignon, coq au vin, etc, and stinky cheeeeese!) But we are allergic to shellfish (ie, also escargots) So I would probably avoid anyplace that has a single option fix prix menu so we have choices.
Any special places you'd recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 2 LAPPI : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:540 :6830 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 3 Venice gondola ride
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 6 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 7 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 8 London and Normandy
- 9 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 10 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 11 Paris and Normandy
- 12 rent muscle car in Norway
- 13 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 14 How do I private message a person?
- 15 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 16 Burgundy and Lyon
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #173
- 18 Hotel or aparthotel recommendations in Lyon?
- 19 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 20 best boucherons in Lyon?
- 21 Switzerland 7 days from Zurich
- 22 Visiting Lyon
- 23 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 24 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 25 sommerrodelbahn (luge, bobsled, toboggan, alpine coaster) near Salzburg?