We'll be spending a week in Burgundy in June, staying near Meursault. We'll probably spend most of our time exploring the wine villages of the Cote D'Or (by foot, bike, and car), a day exploring Beaune, and a day exploring around Chablis/Ancy le Franc.
I'm looking for delicious cafe/bistro recommendations in these areas for our family which includes our 2 kids (12 and 9).
We'll probably cook in the gite most evenings but would like to know our options if we want to go out for 1-2 dinners. Most of our dining out will probably happen at lunch.
We are definitely on the foodie spectrum and love well made, locally sourced and seasonal food. We know there are tons of places to choose from, but we want to narrow the list to places that will slightly less formal, and be kid friendly (which means I'm not the kind of parent that insists on taking my kids to a top Michelin restaurant past their bedtimes, much to the dismay of other diners.) But just because we have kids, doesn't mean we want or need to dumb down the menu for them.
Even better, I'd also love to find a place with a great list of wines by the glass so we can sample more of the regional wines. In 5 days with only 2 of us, we can only open and drink so many bottles.
The kids are reasonably adventurous eaters with traditional French fare (duck confit, boeuf bourgignon, coq au vin, etc, and stinky cheeeeese!) But we are allergic to shellfish (ie, also escargots) So I would probably avoid anyplace that has a single option fix prix menu so we have choices.
Any special places you'd recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 6 Iceland early december visit
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Road trip with our dog
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris