You all have been incredibly helpful. Apologies for yet another separate query. I am on a roll ....of frustration and confusion.
Lon-Paris-Switzerland-Venice-Milan (reroute because of departure to Singapore from Milan)
The dilemma is the section in Switzerland.
My party of aunt and sis is okay with me deciding everything. I am in love with Lucerne (I'm a photographer, the mountains appeal to me alot) but I am concerned about the rugged connections and time travel for their sake.
With so much research, there is the direct trains to Geneva and Lausanne. If we wanna go to Lucerne , departing on 28th Oct, Saturday from Paris, there seem to be alot of connections, accumulating to 6 hours. We plan to be in Switzerland for 3 nights.
1) Should I just give in and directly stay in Geneva?
2)Seeing that Venice is our next destination, which Swiss city offers the most convenience for our transfer there as a midpoint?
3) Can I just go to Geneva, spend a day and get a ticket to Lucerne the next day upon reaching the Geneva station?
4) Am I reading the train timetable wrongly and there is a simpler way to get from Paris to Lucerne before the day is over, say we ideally wanna reach around 2pm? We don't mind leaving Paris early in the morning
5) Am I discounting other Swiss cities that fit the bill perfectly?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland
- 2 Bob Dylan in Donostia-San Sebastian 11 July 2015
- 3 Greece to Italy by Ferry, Pros and Cons
- 4 Shopping in Paris
- 5 Need advice on Italy Itinary
- 6 Lazio - Where to spend 2 days ?
- 7 Itinerary recommendation (Germany, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland)
- 8 Trying to find an inexpensive smart phone that will work in France
- 9 Time from Nice airport to downtown
- 10 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 11 Help with Keukenhof Combi Ticket
- 12 Help & advice on trip to Scotland
- 13 Sim cards for Ireland, France, England and Northern Ireland
- 14 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 15 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 16 booking the train from Pompeii to Rome
- 17 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 18 Spending money
- 19 Amsterdam River Cruise Terminal to The Hague
- 20 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 21 Location recommendation!
- 22 help with 1st trip to Paris/London please
- 23 COBH to BUNRATTY TRAIN?
- 24 International Driver's license requested at rental agencies in Spain
- 25 First Trip To Spain, 10 day Itinerary