You all have been incredibly helpful. Apologies for yet another separate query. I am on a roll ....of frustration and confusion.
Lon-Paris-Switzerland-Venice-Milan (reroute because of departure to Singapore from Milan)
The dilemma is the section in Switzerland.
My party of aunt and sis is okay with me deciding everything. I am in love with Lucerne (I'm a photographer, the mountains appeal to me alot) but I am concerned about the rugged connections and time travel for their sake.
With so much research, there is the direct trains to Geneva and Lausanne. If we wanna go to Lucerne , departing on 28th Oct, Saturday from Paris, there seem to be alot of connections, accumulating to 6 hours. We plan to be in Switzerland for 3 nights.
1) Should I just give in and directly stay in Geneva?
2)Seeing that Venice is our next destination, which Swiss city offers the most convenience for our transfer there as a midpoint?
3) Can I just go to Geneva, spend a day and get a ticket to Lucerne the next day upon reaching the Geneva station?
4) Am I reading the train timetable wrongly and there is a simpler way to get from Paris to Lucerne before the day is over, say we ideally wanna reach around 2pm? We don't mind leaving Paris early in the morning
5) Am I discounting other Swiss cities that fit the bill perfectly?
Dilemma for Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 2 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 3 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 4 Recommendation for a wine tour departing from Strasbourg.
- 5 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 6 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 7 ITALY
- 8 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 9 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 10 Akrotiri Tours
- 11 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 12 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 13 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 14 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 15 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 16 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 17 Dresden: 6 nights too many?
- 18 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 19 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 20 Northern Spain
- 21 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 22 London hotel tax is 20%
- 23 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 24 France: which maps?
- 25 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?