You all have been incredibly helpful. Apologies for yet another separate query. I am on a roll ....of frustration and confusion.
Lon-Paris-Switzerland-Venice-Milan (reroute because of departure to Singapore from Milan)
The dilemma is the section in Switzerland.
My party of aunt and sis is okay with me deciding everything. I am in love with Lucerne (I'm a photographer, the mountains appeal to me alot) but I am concerned about the rugged connections and time travel for their sake.
With so much research, there is the direct trains to Geneva and Lausanne. If we wanna go to Lucerne , departing on 28th Oct, Saturday from Paris, there seem to be alot of connections, accumulating to 6 hours. We plan to be in Switzerland for 3 nights.
1) Should I just give in and directly stay in Geneva?
2)Seeing that Venice is our next destination, which Swiss city offers the most convenience for our transfer there as a midpoint?
3) Can I just go to Geneva, spend a day and get a ticket to Lucerne the next day upon reaching the Geneva station?
4) Am I reading the train timetable wrongly and there is a simpler way to get from Paris to Lucerne before the day is over, say we ideally wanna reach around 2pm? We don't mind leaving Paris early in the morning
5) Am I discounting other Swiss cities that fit the bill perfectly?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 2 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 3 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 4 길동오피 아달 길동건마 www.adal.ml 길동휴게텔 길동마사지 길동키스방
- 5 구의오피 아찔한 달리기 www.adal.ml 구의건마 구의휴게텔 구의마사지 구의키스방
- 6 창동오피<창동건마 아 달<창동휴게텔 www.adal.ml 창동마사지 창동키스방
- 7 May get together in Paris
- 8 Nafplio to Hydra
- 9 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 10 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 11 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 12 Self drive tour companies
- 13 info Faro & Algarve
- 14 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 15 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 16 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 17 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 18 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 19 Italian lakes
- 20 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 21 Spain and South of France
- 22 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 23 renting car with automatic transmission
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Spending Money for a 30 day trip