You all have been incredibly helpful. Apologies for yet another separate query. I am on a roll ....of frustration and confusion.
Lon-Paris-Switzerland-Venice-Milan (reroute because of departure to Singapore from Milan)
The dilemma is the section in Switzerland.
My party of aunt and sis is okay with me deciding everything. I am in love with Lucerne (I'm a photographer, the mountains appeal to me alot) but I am concerned about the rugged connections and time travel for their sake.
With so much research, there is the direct trains to Geneva and Lausanne. If we wanna go to Lucerne , departing on 28th Oct, Saturday from Paris, there seem to be alot of connections, accumulating to 6 hours. We plan to be in Switzerland for 3 nights.
1) Should I just give in and directly stay in Geneva?
2)Seeing that Venice is our next destination, which Swiss city offers the most convenience for our transfer there as a midpoint?
3) Can I just go to Geneva, spend a day and get a ticket to Lucerne the next day upon reaching the Geneva station?
4) Am I reading the train timetable wrongly and there is a simpler way to get from Paris to Lucerne before the day is over, say we ideally wanna reach around 2pm? We don't mind leaving Paris early in the morning
5) Am I discounting other Swiss cities that fit the bill perfectly?
Dilemma for Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 2 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 3 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 6 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 7 Three ferries to Mull
- 8 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 9 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 10 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 11 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 12 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 13 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 16 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 17 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 18 French Basque region
- 19 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 20 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 21 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 22 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 23 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 24 Story of the German Christmas star
- 25 Airport ATMs