You all have been incredibly helpful. Apologies for yet another separate query. I am on a roll ....of frustration and confusion.
Lon-Paris-Switzerland-Venice-Milan (reroute because of departure to Singapore from Milan)
The dilemma is the section in Switzerland.
My party of aunt and sis is okay with me deciding everything. I am in love with Lucerne (I'm a photographer, the mountains appeal to me alot) but I am concerned about the rugged connections and time travel for their sake.
With so much research, there is the direct trains to Geneva and Lausanne. If we wanna go to Lucerne , departing on 28th Oct, Saturday from Paris, there seem to be alot of connections, accumulating to 6 hours. We plan to be in Switzerland for 3 nights.
1) Should I just give in and directly stay in Geneva?
2)Seeing that Venice is our next destination, which Swiss city offers the most convenience for our transfer there as a midpoint?
3) Can I just go to Geneva, spend a day and get a ticket to Lucerne the next day upon reaching the Geneva station?
4) Am I reading the train timetable wrongly and there is a simpler way to get from Paris to Lucerne before the day is over, say we ideally wanna reach around 2pm? We don't mind leaving Paris early in the morning
5) Am I discounting other Swiss cities that fit the bill perfectly?
Dilemma for Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 2 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 3 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 4 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 5 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 6 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 7 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 8 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 9 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 10 Visit to Bath and London england
- 11 Southern Italy without a Car
- 12 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 13 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 14 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 15 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 16 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 17 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 18 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 19 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 20 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?
- 21 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 24 A full week in The Netherlands
- 25 Passport Delays