You all have been incredibly helpful. Apologies for yet another separate query. I am on a roll ....of frustration and confusion.
Lon-Paris-Switzerland-Venice-Milan (reroute because of departure to Singapore from Milan)
The dilemma is the section in Switzerland.
My party of aunt and sis is okay with me deciding everything. I am in love with Lucerne (I'm a photographer, the mountains appeal to me alot) but I am concerned about the rugged connections and time travel for their sake.
With so much research, there is the direct trains to Geneva and Lausanne. If we wanna go to Lucerne , departing on 28th Oct, Saturday from Paris, there seem to be alot of connections, accumulating to 6 hours. We plan to be in Switzerland for 3 nights.
1) Should I just give in and directly stay in Geneva?
2)Seeing that Venice is our next destination, which Swiss city offers the most convenience for our transfer there as a midpoint?
3) Can I just go to Geneva, spend a day and get a ticket to Lucerne the next day upon reaching the Geneva station?
4) Am I reading the train timetable wrongly and there is a simpler way to get from Paris to Lucerne before the day is over, say we ideally wanna reach around 2pm? We don't mind leaving Paris early in the morning
5) Am I discounting other Swiss cities that fit the bill perfectly?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 2 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 3 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 4 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 5 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 6 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 7 Iceland 3 day layover
- 8 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 9 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 12 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 13 Milos beach stay
- 14 Paris to Bordeaux
- 15 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 16 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 19 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 20 Train travel
- 21 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 22 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 23 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 24 Christmas Markets 2017
- 25 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!