You all have been incredibly helpful. Apologies for yet another separate query. I am on a roll ....of frustration and confusion.
Lon-Paris-Switzerland-Venice-Milan (reroute because of departure to Singapore from Milan)
The dilemma is the section in Switzerland.
My party of aunt and sis is okay with me deciding everything. I am in love with Lucerne (I'm a photographer, the mountains appeal to me alot) but I am concerned about the rugged connections and time travel for their sake.
With so much research, there is the direct trains to Geneva and Lausanne. If we wanna go to Lucerne , departing on 28th Oct, Saturday from Paris, there seem to be alot of connections, accumulating to 6 hours. We plan to be in Switzerland for 3 nights.
1) Should I just give in and directly stay in Geneva?
2)Seeing that Venice is our next destination, which Swiss city offers the most convenience for our transfer there as a midpoint?
3) Can I just go to Geneva, spend a day and get a ticket to Lucerne the next day upon reaching the Geneva station?
4) Am I reading the train timetable wrongly and there is a simpler way to get from Paris to Lucerne before the day is over, say we ideally wanna reach around 2pm? We don't mind leaving Paris early in the morning
5) Am I discounting other Swiss cities that fit the bill perfectly?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 2 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 3 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 4 Where to stop between Dijon & the Loire Valley (Chinon)?
- 5 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 6 Slovania & Croatia
- 7 apartments florence
- 8 Costal Spain Vacation Rental House Advice
- 9 I'm back.....
- 10 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 11 munich - day trips
- 12 honeymoon in november
- 13 Are you searching for Bulgarian trip?
- 14 Parking in Italy
- 15 HOTEL IN STOCKHOLM
- 16 Edinburgh in March
- 17 Paris gtg in October?
- 18 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 19 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 20 Where do I pass through immigration in the UK
- 21 Departure Tax in UK
- 22 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 23 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 24 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 25 Seville itinerary critic and advice please