You all have been incredibly helpful. Apologies for yet another separate query. I am on a roll ....of frustration and confusion.
Lon-Paris-Switzerland-Venice-Milan (reroute because of departure to Singapore from Milan)
The dilemma is the section in Switzerland.
My party of aunt and sis is okay with me deciding everything. I am in love with Lucerne (I'm a photographer, the mountains appeal to me alot) but I am concerned about the rugged connections and time travel for their sake.
With so much research, there is the direct trains to Geneva and Lausanne. If we wanna go to Lucerne , departing on 28th Oct, Saturday from Paris, there seem to be alot of connections, accumulating to 6 hours. We plan to be in Switzerland for 3 nights.
1) Should I just give in and directly stay in Geneva?
2)Seeing that Venice is our next destination, which Swiss city offers the most convenience for our transfer there as a midpoint?
3) Can I just go to Geneva, spend a day and get a ticket to Lucerne the next day upon reaching the Geneva station?
4) Am I reading the train timetable wrongly and there is a simpler way to get from Paris to Lucerne before the day is over, say we ideally wanna reach around 2pm? We don't mind leaving Paris early in the morning
5) Am I discounting other Swiss cities that fit the bill perfectly?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norfolk base
- 2 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 3 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 4 20 free days of Europe
- 5 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 6 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 7 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 8 5 Day itinerary
- 9 Arriving in Budapest 9/11!
- 10 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 11 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 12 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 13 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 14 Our European adventures
- 15 Eurotrip - Athens to Santorini
- 16 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 17 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 18 Spain Trip Report
- 19 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 20 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 21 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 22 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 23 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 24 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 25 CDG international flight