You all have been incredibly helpful. Apologies for yet another separate query. I am on a roll ....of frustration and confusion.
Lon-Paris-Switzerland-Venice-Milan (reroute because of departure to Singapore from Milan)
The dilemma is the section in Switzerland.
My party of aunt and sis is okay with me deciding everything. I am in love with Lucerne (I'm a photographer, the mountains appeal to me alot) but I am concerned about the rugged connections and time travel for their sake.
With so much research, there is the direct trains to Geneva and Lausanne. If we wanna go to Lucerne , departing on 28th Oct, Saturday from Paris, there seem to be alot of connections, accumulating to 6 hours. We plan to be in Switzerland for 3 nights.
1) Should I just give in and directly stay in Geneva?
2)Seeing that Venice is our next destination, which Swiss city offers the most convenience for our transfer there as a midpoint?
3) Can I just go to Geneva, spend a day and get a ticket to Lucerne the next day upon reaching the Geneva station?
4) Am I reading the train timetable wrongly and there is a simpler way to get from Paris to Lucerne before the day is over, say we ideally wanna reach around 2pm? We don't mind leaving Paris early in the morning
5) Am I discounting other Swiss cities that fit the bill perfectly?
Dilemma for Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 2 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 3 I'm in a funk
- 4 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 5 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 6 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 7 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 8 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 9 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 10 Lauterbrunnen: hiking advisory
- 11 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 12 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 13 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 14 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 15 Ireland driving vacation
- 16 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 17 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 18 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 19 Bavaria: Need Itinerary and Lodging Help for Family of Six
- 20 Provence, near Nice
- 21 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 22 Bike touring in France
- 23 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 24 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 25 setenil de la bodegas and/or Ronda spain