You all have been incredibly helpful. Apologies for yet another separate query. I am on a roll ....of frustration and confusion.
Lon-Paris-Switzerland-Venice-Milan (reroute because of departure to Singapore from Milan)
The dilemma is the section in Switzerland.
My party of aunt and sis is okay with me deciding everything. I am in love with Lucerne (I'm a photographer, the mountains appeal to me alot) but I am concerned about the rugged connections and time travel for their sake.
With so much research, there is the direct trains to Geneva and Lausanne. If we wanna go to Lucerne , departing on 28th Oct, Saturday from Paris, there seem to be alot of connections, accumulating to 6 hours. We plan to be in Switzerland for 3 nights.
1) Should I just give in and directly stay in Geneva?
2)Seeing that Venice is our next destination, which Swiss city offers the most convenience for our transfer there as a midpoint?
3) Can I just go to Geneva, spend a day and get a ticket to Lucerne the next day upon reaching the Geneva station?
4) Am I reading the train timetable wrongly and there is a simpler way to get from Paris to Lucerne before the day is over, say we ideally wanna reach around 2pm? We don't mind leaving Paris early in the morning
5) Am I discounting other Swiss cities that fit the bill perfectly?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 2 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Day trips from Florence
- 7 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 8 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Perugia
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 May get together in Paris
- 15 Paris in September
- 16 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh