You all have been incredibly helpful. Apologies for yet another separate query. I am on a roll ....of frustration and confusion.
Lon-Paris-Switzerland-Venice-Milan (reroute because of departure to Singapore from Milan)
The dilemma is the section in Switzerland.
My party of aunt and sis is okay with me deciding everything. I am in love with Lucerne (I'm a photographer, the mountains appeal to me alot) but I am concerned about the rugged connections and time travel for their sake.
With so much research, there is the direct trains to Geneva and Lausanne. If we wanna go to Lucerne , departing on 28th Oct, Saturday from Paris, there seem to be alot of connections, accumulating to 6 hours. We plan to be in Switzerland for 3 nights.
1) Should I just give in and directly stay in Geneva?
2)Seeing that Venice is our next destination, which Swiss city offers the most convenience for our transfer there as a midpoint?
3) Can I just go to Geneva, spend a day and get a ticket to Lucerne the next day upon reaching the Geneva station?
4) Am I reading the train timetable wrongly and there is a simpler way to get from Paris to Lucerne before the day is over, say we ideally wanna reach around 2pm? We don't mind leaving Paris early in the morning
5) Am I discounting other Swiss cities that fit the bill perfectly?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 2 French restaurants
- 3 Azores in February
- 4 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 5 Trains in Alps and UK
- 6 Scotland Trip
- 7 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 10 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 11 Lisbon trip report
- 12 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 13 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 14 Ireland in April
- 15 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 Driving in Italy?
- 18 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 19 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 20 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 21 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 22 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 25 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia