My wife and I will be on business for a week in Paris in September, then will leave Paris on a Saturday morning and spend another 8 days in France. We will finish up our trip with 4-5 days in Nice and are considering a 3 day weekend in either Dijon or Avignon before continuing on to Nice. Either way we will rent a car to visit other sights around the area we choose. It seems that either will be a contrast to Nice and the Cote d'Azur.
I realize it is comparing apples and oranges (or chablis and rosé). I am sure either will be a great choice but I received such helpful comments on my post from last night that I thought I'd just ask for any comments about these two options. Thanks again.
Dijon/Burgundy vs Avignon/Provence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 2 What are the best places to see in England
- 3 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 4 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 5 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 6 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 7 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 8 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 9 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 10 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Estonia Amber
- 13 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 14 Tight Planning?
- 15 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 16 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 17 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 18 Travel with Teens
- 19 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 20 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 21 One week in Venice - trips
- 22 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 23 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 24 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 25 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?