My wife and I will be on business for a week in Paris in September, then will leave Paris on a Saturday morning and spend another 8 days in France. We will finish up our trip with 4-5 days in Nice and are considering a 3 day weekend in either Dijon or Avignon before continuing on to Nice. Either way we will rent a car to visit other sights around the area we choose. It seems that either will be a contrast to Nice and the Cote d'Azur.
I realize it is comparing apples and oranges (or chablis and rosé). I am sure either will be a great choice but I received such helpful comments on my post from last night that I thought I'd just ask for any comments about these two options. Thanks again.
Dijon/Burgundy vs Avignon/Provence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 2 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 3 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 4 Venice - boats on canals
- 5 ITALY
- 6 Paris first then where?
- 7 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 8 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 9 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 10 Recommendation for a wine tour departing from Strasbourg.
- 11 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 12 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 13 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 14 Akrotiri Tours
- 15 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 18 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 19 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 20 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 21 Dresden: 6 nights too many?
- 22 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 23 Northern Spain
- 24 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 25 London hotel tax is 20%