My wife and I will be on business for a week in Paris in September, then will leave Paris on a Saturday morning and spend another 8 days in France. We will finish up our trip with 4-5 days in Nice and are considering a 3 day weekend in either Dijon or Avignon before continuing on to Nice. Either way we will rent a car to visit other sights around the area we choose. It seems that either will be a contrast to Nice and the Cote d'Azur.
I realize it is comparing apples and oranges (or chablis and rosé). I am sure either will be a great choice but I received such helpful comments on my post from last night that I thought I'd just ask for any comments about these two options. Thanks again.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 2 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 3 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 4 Paris---baguette question???
- 5 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 6 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 7 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 8 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 9 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 10 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 11 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 12 Scenic Driving Routes
- 13 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 14 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 15 Vienna to Bratislava
- 16 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 17 1 way ticket
- 18 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 19 pareja de hecho in Spain
- 20 Visiting Spain in January
- 21 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 22 What type of visa is right for me?
- 23 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 24 French immersion courses in France
- 25 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?