My wife and I will be on business for a week in Paris in September, then will leave Paris on a Saturday morning and spend another 8 days in France. We will finish up our trip with 4-5 days in Nice and are considering a 3 day weekend in either Dijon or Avignon before continuing on to Nice. Either way we will rent a car to visit other sights around the area we choose. It seems that either will be a contrast to Nice and the Cote d'Azur.
I realize it is comparing apples and oranges (or chablis and rosé). I am sure either will be a great choice but I received such helpful comments on my post from last night that I thought I'd just ask for any comments about these two options. Thanks again.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reviewing Switzerland and Italy
- 2 Renfe help please!!
- 3 London - Hotel recommendations Classic Non-Scene
- 4 Itinerary Tweaks and Tips, Please
- 5 Valencia - Finally going and need advice
- 6 Chiemsee or Walchensee? (Bavarian lakes roadtrip)
- 7 Need opinion to pick suitable rail pass
- 8 Pompeii ~ book private in advance, or wait and use a guide @ Pompeii?
- 9 Paris google map, Place De Trocadero
- 10 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 11 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 12 France & Italy trip for 14 days
- 13 Can you recommend a hotel in Santorini?
- 14 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 15 Italy (or other country) with a baby
- 16 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 17 Curious on #2 restaraunt in the world - Osteria Francescana
- 18 A road trip to Florence
- 19 Paris restaurants open on Monday
- 20 Your favorite London chain restaurant
- 21 AirBNB scam apt in Milan
- 22 First time visit to Italy - family of 4
- 23 Hotel report: Rome and Venice
- 24 Road trip in Spain
- 25 Critique 11 day Italy Itinerary - Venice,Florence,Rome,Sorrento