My wife and I will be on business for a week in Paris in September, then will leave Paris on a Saturday morning and spend another 8 days in France. We will finish up our trip with 4-5 days in Nice and are considering a 3 day weekend in either Dijon or Avignon before continuing on to Nice. Either way we will rent a car to visit other sights around the area we choose. It seems that either will be a contrast to Nice and the Cote d'Azur.
I realize it is comparing apples and oranges (or chablis and rosé). I am sure either will be a great choice but I received such helpful comments on my post from last night that I thought I'd just ask for any comments about these two options. Thanks again.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 3 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 4 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 5 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 6 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 7 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 8 Perugia
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 11 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 12 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 13 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 14 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 15 Praiano
- 16 St Denis Cathedral
- 17 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 18 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 19 Family vacation to europe
- 20 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 21 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 22 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 25 Proposed itinerary for Iceland