My wife and I will be on business for a week in Paris in September, then will leave Paris on a Saturday morning and spend another 8 days in France. We will finish up our trip with 4-5 days in Nice and are considering a 3 day weekend in either Dijon or Avignon before continuing on to Nice. Either way we will rent a car to visit other sights around the area we choose. It seems that either will be a contrast to Nice and the Cote d'Azur.
I realize it is comparing apples and oranges (or chablis and rosé). I am sure either will be a great choice but I received such helpful comments on my post from last night that I thought I'd just ask for any comments about these two options. Thanks again.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 2 road trip through scotland
- 3 Poland to Austria In December
- 4 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 5 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus
- 6 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 7 Thinking about the Fjords
- 8 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 9 Globus Iberian Tour
- 10 Where to eat in Rome?
- 11 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 12 Alsace to Austria?
- 13 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 14 base for Andalucia
- 15 Associations with Russian cities
- 16 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 17 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 18 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 19 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 20 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 21 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 22 barcelona neighborhood
- 23 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 24 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 25 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona