My wife and I will be on business for a week in Paris in September, then will leave Paris on a Saturday morning and spend another 8 days in France. We will finish up our trip with 4-5 days in Nice and are considering a 3 day weekend in either Dijon or Avignon before continuing on to Nice. Either way we will rent a car to visit other sights around the area we choose. It seems that either will be a contrast to Nice and the Cote d'Azur.
I realize it is comparing apples and oranges (or chablis and rosé). I am sure either will be a great choice but I received such helpful comments on my post from last night that I thought I'd just ask for any comments about these two options. Thanks again.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 2 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 3 Barcelona to south of France
- 4 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 5 England/Scotland In January questions
- 6 Edinburgh Questions...
- 7 Holding bags in Paris
- 8 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 9 Visiting Rungis on October 9, 2015
- 10 Nymphenburg Palace in Munich: how much time to allow?
- 11 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 13 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 14 15 Days in Italy - Cost breakdown & notes
- 15 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 16 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 17 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 18 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 19 Dublin & Stockholm
- 20 Getting from Milan to MXP
- 21 Place to stay in London
- 22 SIXT car rental uk
- 23 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 24 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 25 Cornwall and Germany