We are staying with friends near Joigny (2 hrs from Dijon) and then planned to drop off our rental car and hop on the TGV to Avignon.
I had wanted to drive to Beaune and spend the day/evening before catching the TGV to Avignon (short hop from Beaune to Macon to get on the TGV line). But we realized there is no Avis in Beaune. So now we are thinking of spending the night in Dijon instead.
I had really wanted to see the Hospices de Beaune. There seems to be some interesting things in Dijon too though (Owls Trail, etc). If you could only see one of DIjon or Beaune for the day, which would you pick? We are a family of 4 with two kids (ages 8 and 10).
Any views on whether we should:
1. Drive to Beaune from Joigny; spend the afternoon and drive to Dijon. Return rental car and have dinner in Dijon. Spend the night in Dijon. Catch TGV next morning direct to Avignon; OR
2. Drive to Dijon, drop off rental car. Take 18 minute train to Beaune and spend rest of day/evening in Beaune.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER PRINTER INSTALLATION/SET-UP CONTACT 1-888-279-0246 TECHNICAL CAre
- 2 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 3 Help on ancient history route
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 7 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 12 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 13 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 14 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 17 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 18 Maximizing Norway time
- 19 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 22 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 23 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 24 3 days solo in London
- 25 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?