We are staying with friends near Joigny (2 hrs from Dijon) and then planned to drop off our rental car and hop on the TGV to Avignon.
I had wanted to drive to Beaune and spend the day/evening before catching the TGV to Avignon (short hop from Beaune to Macon to get on the TGV line). But we realized there is no Avis in Beaune. So now we are thinking of spending the night in Dijon instead.
I had really wanted to see the Hospices de Beaune. There seems to be some interesting things in Dijon too though (Owls Trail, etc). If you could only see one of DIjon or Beaune for the day, which would you pick? We are a family of 4 with two kids (ages 8 and 10).
Any views on whether we should:
1. Drive to Beaune from Joigny; spend the afternoon and drive to Dijon. Return rental car and have dinner in Dijon. Spend the night in Dijon. Catch TGV next morning direct to Avignon; OR
2. Drive to Dijon, drop off rental car. Take 18 minute train to Beaune and spend rest of day/evening in Beaune.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Flight Question
- 2 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 6 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 7 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 8 Back from Paris
- 9 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 10 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 11 Luggage Storage
- 12 LIsbon
- 13 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 14 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 15 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 23 Trip suggestion
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Summer Travel order