We are staying with friends near Joigny (2 hrs from Dijon) and then planned to drop off our rental car and hop on the TGV to Avignon.
I had wanted to drive to Beaune and spend the day/evening before catching the TGV to Avignon (short hop from Beaune to Macon to get on the TGV line). But we realized there is no Avis in Beaune. So now we are thinking of spending the night in Dijon instead.
I had really wanted to see the Hospices de Beaune. There seems to be some interesting things in Dijon too though (Owls Trail, etc). If you could only see one of DIjon or Beaune for the day, which would you pick? We are a family of 4 with two kids (ages 8 and 10).
Any views on whether we should:
1. Drive to Beaune from Joigny; spend the afternoon and drive to Dijon. Return rental car and have dinner in Dijon. Spend the night in Dijon. Catch TGV next morning direct to Avignon; OR
2. Drive to Dijon, drop off rental car. Take 18 minute train to Beaune and spend rest of day/evening in Beaune.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 2 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 5 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 6 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 7 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 If you had to choose one......
- 10 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Portugal with large family
- 17 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 18 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Croatia
- 21 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 22 Croatia trip Planning
- 23 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Church service in Dubrovnik