We are staying with friends near Joigny (2 hrs from Dijon) and then planned to drop off our rental car and hop on the TGV to Avignon.
I had wanted to drive to Beaune and spend the day/evening before catching the TGV to Avignon (short hop from Beaune to Macon to get on the TGV line). But we realized there is no Avis in Beaune. So now we are thinking of spending the night in Dijon instead.
I had really wanted to see the Hospices de Beaune. There seems to be some interesting things in Dijon too though (Owls Trail, etc). If you could only see one of DIjon or Beaune for the day, which would you pick? We are a family of 4 with two kids (ages 8 and 10).
Any views on whether we should:
1. Drive to Beaune from Joigny; spend the afternoon and drive to Dijon. Return rental car and have dinner in Dijon. Spend the night in Dijon. Catch TGV next morning direct to Avignon; OR
2. Drive to Dijon, drop off rental car. Take 18 minute train to Beaune and spend rest of day/evening in Beaune.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Romania - Good destination for 2017
- 2 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 3 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 4 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 5 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 7 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 10 Germany family road trip help!
- 11 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 12 Santorini lodging
- 13 Barcelona
- 14 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 15 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 16 Prague
- 17 Ischia
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Spain and South of France
- 20 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 21 Overnight at Heathrow
- 22 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 23 France, UK and Ireland
- 24 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 25 Ronda Wine/biking