We are staying with friends near Joigny (2 hrs from Dijon) and then planned to drop off our rental car and hop on the TGV to Avignon.
I had wanted to drive to Beaune and spend the day/evening before catching the TGV to Avignon (short hop from Beaune to Macon to get on the TGV line). But we realized there is no Avis in Beaune. So now we are thinking of spending the night in Dijon instead.
I had really wanted to see the Hospices de Beaune. There seems to be some interesting things in Dijon too though (Owls Trail, etc). If you could only see one of DIjon or Beaune for the day, which would you pick? We are a family of 4 with two kids (ages 8 and 10).
Any views on whether we should:
1. Drive to Beaune from Joigny; spend the afternoon and drive to Dijon. Return rental car and have dinner in Dijon. Spend the night in Dijon. Catch TGV next morning direct to Avignon; OR
2. Drive to Dijon, drop off rental car. Take 18 minute train to Beaune and spend rest of day/evening in Beaune.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 7 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 Paris to Italy
- 11 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 Road trip with our dog
- 16 Frankfurt to UK
- 17 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 18 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 19 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 20 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 21 Electrical Power Conversion
- 22 Douro Valley in January?
- 23 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 24 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna