I have some difficulty walking long distances - need to stop now and then to rest and heat exacerbates the problem.
I love Italy and I know a lot of European trips include much walking.
Are there any cities in Italy specifically or Europe in general that you suggest are better than others?
We've been to Sienna; Florence; Lucca.
We're thinking of going in April and I probably can check annual temps on websites. I don't mind going in the Winter if that's a recommendation since the cold is kinder to my body but then some things aren't open for tourism - eg: some of the cathedral/Art Museums in Florence.
Thanks for your help - I always get great responses from fellow Fodorites
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 2 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 3 Leather goods in Florence
- 4 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 5 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 6 Trip to Rome
- 7 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 8 France Itinerary Advice
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 11 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 12 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 13 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 14 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 17 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 18 French election
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 20 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 21 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 22 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 23 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 24 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 25 French Election - Questions???