I have some difficulty walking long distances - need to stop now and then to rest and heat exacerbates the problem.
I love Italy and I know a lot of European trips include much walking.
Are there any cities in Italy specifically or Europe in general that you suggest are better than others?
We've been to Sienna; Florence; Lucca.
We're thinking of going in April and I probably can check annual temps on websites. I don't mind going in the Winter if that's a recommendation since the cold is kinder to my body but then some things aren't open for tourism - eg: some of the cathedral/Art Museums in Florence.
Thanks for your help - I always get great responses from fellow Fodorites
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Train travel to and from Paris
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 5 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 6 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 7 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 8 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 9 Driving in Italy
- 10 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 11 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 12 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 13 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 14 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 15 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 16 Use of Train Tickets
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 19 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 20 First Trip to Paris
- 21 Andalucia Spain
- 22 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 23 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 24 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 25 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus