I'm trying to comprehend the bewildering array of train options for an upcoming, 12 day trip to Switzerland. At this point I'm considering the Swiss Card (186 CHF) and Swiss Pass (110 CHF), but can't figure out exactly what is and isn't included in each option.
Both are half-price cards. The Swiss Card also offers free travel to and from the airport.
1) Would both cards give me 1/2 price travel for the boat network around Lucerne?
2) How about the Mt. Rigi train?
3) How about the Jungfrau train?
4) Are most of the cablecars / trams / trains in the Wengen area supported by both cards?
5) Our final leg of departure is Weggis to Zurich Airport. Will the Swiss Card's "free travel to the airport" apply to the small town of Weggis?
The 110 CHF Swiss Pass seems to be the better option assuming the only difference is free travel to the airport.
My original thread was here:
This is the site where I'm getting info on these passes
I am using www.sbb.ch to price individual legs of the journey, but the site itself is confusing with so many options and I don't see any mention of the Swiss Pass or Swiss Card on the site.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 2 Itinerary Tweaking
- 3 Itinerary Help
- 4 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 5 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 6 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 7 Hotel in Vienna
- 8 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 9 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 12 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 13 Amalfi Coast help
- 14 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 15 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 16 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 17 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 18 House Hunting in France
- 19 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 20 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 21 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 22 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 25 Need help with itinerary & trains
Differences between "Swiss Card" vs. "Swiss Half Fare Card"?