I'm trying to comprehend the bewildering array of train options for an upcoming, 12 day trip to Switzerland. At this point I'm considering the Swiss Card (186 CHF) and Swiss Pass (110 CHF), but can't figure out exactly what is and isn't included in each option.
Both are half-price cards. The Swiss Card also offers free travel to and from the airport.
1) Would both cards give me 1/2 price travel for the boat network around Lucerne?
2) How about the Mt. Rigi train?
3) How about the Jungfrau train?
4) Are most of the cablecars / trams / trains in the Wengen area supported by both cards?
5) Our final leg of departure is Weggis to Zurich Airport. Will the Swiss Card's "free travel to the airport" apply to the small town of Weggis?
The 110 CHF Swiss Pass seems to be the better option assuming the only difference is free travel to the airport.
My original thread was here:
This is the site where I'm getting info on these passes
I am using www.sbb.ch to price individual legs of the journey, but the site itself is confusing with so many options and I don't see any mention of the Swiss Pass or Swiss Card on the site.
Differences between "Swiss Card" vs. "Swiss Half Fare Card"?
- 1 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 2 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 3 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 4 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 5 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 6 Rooms in Sorrento & Rome
- 7 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 8 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 9 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 10 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 11 Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 12 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 13 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille
- 14 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 15 Connection in Newark EWR
- 16 Battlefield Tour
- 17 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 18 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 19 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 20 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 21 5 days in Ireland, what can I fit in?!
- 22 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 23 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 24 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 25 Edinburgh