I'm trying to comprehend the bewildering array of train options for an upcoming, 12 day trip to Switzerland. At this point I'm considering the Swiss Card (186 CHF) and Swiss Pass (110 CHF), but can't figure out exactly what is and isn't included in each option.
Both are half-price cards. The Swiss Card also offers free travel to and from the airport.
1) Would both cards give me 1/2 price travel for the boat network around Lucerne?
2) How about the Mt. Rigi train?
3) How about the Jungfrau train?
4) Are most of the cablecars / trams / trains in the Wengen area supported by both cards?
5) Our final leg of departure is Weggis to Zurich Airport. Will the Swiss Card's "free travel to the airport" apply to the small town of Weggis?
The 110 CHF Swiss Pass seems to be the better option assuming the only difference is free travel to the airport.
My original thread was here:
This is the site where I'm getting info on these passes
I am using www.sbb.ch to price individual legs of the journey, but the site itself is confusing with so many options and I don't see any mention of the Swiss Pass or Swiss Card on the site.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 2 retruning to US with souveniers
- 3 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 4 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 11 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Help on ancient history route
- 15 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 16 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 17 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 18 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 19 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 20 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 23 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 24 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 25 Hotels in Turin
Differences between "Swiss Card" vs. "Swiss Half Fare Card"?