I'm trying to comprehend the bewildering array of train options for an upcoming, 12 day trip to Switzerland. At this point I'm considering the Swiss Card (186 CHF) and Swiss Pass (110 CHF), but can't figure out exactly what is and isn't included in each option.
Both are half-price cards. The Swiss Card also offers free travel to and from the airport.
1) Would both cards give me 1/2 price travel for the boat network around Lucerne?
2) How about the Mt. Rigi train?
3) How about the Jungfrau train?
4) Are most of the cablecars / trams / trains in the Wengen area supported by both cards?
5) Our final leg of departure is Weggis to Zurich Airport. Will the Swiss Card's "free travel to the airport" apply to the small town of Weggis?
The 110 CHF Swiss Pass seems to be the better option assuming the only difference is free travel to the airport.
My original thread was here:
This is the site where I'm getting info on these passes
I am using www.sbb.ch to price individual legs of the journey, but the site itself is confusing with so many options and I don't see any mention of the Swiss Pass or Swiss Card on the site.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Theater
- 2 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 3 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 6 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 7 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 8 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 9 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 13 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 14 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 15 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 18 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 19 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 20 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 21 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 22 Salzburg itinerary review
- 23 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 24 Poland to Austria In December
- 25 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
Differences between "Swiss Card" vs. "Swiss Half Fare Card"?