I'm trying to comprehend the bewildering array of train options for an upcoming, 12 day trip to Switzerland. At this point I'm considering the Swiss Card (186 CHF) and Swiss Pass (110 CHF), but can't figure out exactly what is and isn't included in each option.
Both are half-price cards. The Swiss Card also offers free travel to and from the airport.
1) Would both cards give me 1/2 price travel for the boat network around Lucerne?
2) How about the Mt. Rigi train?
3) How about the Jungfrau train?
4) Are most of the cablecars / trams / trains in the Wengen area supported by both cards?
5) Our final leg of departure is Weggis to Zurich Airport. Will the Swiss Card's "free travel to the airport" apply to the small town of Weggis?
The 110 CHF Swiss Pass seems to be the better option assuming the only difference is free travel to the airport.
My original thread was here:
This is the site where I'm getting info on these passes
I am using www.sbb.ch to price individual legs of the journey, but the site itself is confusing with so many options and I don't see any mention of the Swiss Pass or Swiss Card on the site.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May get together in Paris
- 2 Nafplio to Hydra
- 3 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 4 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 5 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 6 Self drive tour companies
- 7 info Faro & Algarve
- 8 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 9 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 10 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 11 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 12 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 13 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 14 Italian lakes
- 15 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 16 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 17 Spain and South of France
- 18 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 19 renting car with automatic transmission
- 20 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 21 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 22 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 23 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 24 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 25 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
Differences between "Swiss Card" vs. "Swiss Half Fare Card"?