Hello Fellow Travelers,
I have been trying to create a 3 week trip itinerary to Paris and the Eastern part of France. We visited Paris and the western section 4 years ago and are ready to continue our exploration of our favorite country.
There will be four of us and our interests are varied- wanting to catch everything -museums, food, wine, art, history quaint villages, outdoor scenery and generally lingering in cafes. We are interested in renting a car for flexibility and of course trains when they provide a more efficient use of time. We will be flying in and out of Paris and have already purchased our tickets for May 2016.
So far I have the following tentative schedule:
1) Arrive Paris and head to Alsace- stay 4 nights- thinking of Colmar as a base to tour all the beautiful villages on the Route du Vin
(do we take the train to Strassbourg or Colmar and rent the car there or begin with the car in Paris?)
2) Leave Alsace and head to Chamonix- stay 3 nights
We are interested in seeing the French Alps, Mont Blanc, maybe hike a little and perhaps visit Annecy
The route if we stay in France (trying to avoid crossing borders in case it is difficult now?) shows to be about 4-5 hrs. Is Chamonix our best base or should we consider something else in the Alps? We want to see scenery and enjoy the mountain air
3) Leave Chamonix and head south to either the French rRviera or Avignon area- if we begin in the Riviera we would stay 3 nights preferably in a smaller village and not Nice. If we head to Avignon area we would stay 6 nights.
We are interested in seeing the smaller beautiful villages, the Calenques and hill towns. Prefer a base that may give us choices of restaurants at night- love for the chance to eat and then just walk home to our accommodations.
4) return to Paris and stay 3 nights
One big concern is the distance from Chamonix to Avignon and/or Nice- long hauls and would love to stop along the way to visit to break up the trip.
The same for the return- should we stop somewhere for the night (perhaps Dijon?)
We can also reverse the trip if that is a better option.
Any help to narrow down our choices will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 강남역안마 010.4373.1910 セ남궁실장 セ
- 2 강남구안마 010.4373.1910 セ남궁실장 セ
- 3 강남안마 010.4373.1910 セ남궁실장 セ
- 4 Transportation Question Italy
- 5 Car rental help in Sicily
- 6 Need final tweaks on Greece trip and restaurant recs!
- 7 메이저놀이터추천『ZVZ78。COM』메이저놀이터추천∑메이저놀이터추천
- 8 슈퍼카지노【KBK99。COM】원정카지노체험づ정선카지노입장료
- 9 My Topic Title아시안카지노【KBK99。COM】에이플러스카지노체험づ외국인전용카지노
- 10 엔젤바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아바카라
- 11 아시아바카라【KBK99。COM】국내호텔카지노주소づ정선카지노리조트
- 12 메이저놀이터『ZVZ78。COM』메이저놀이터∑메이저놀이터
- 13 My Topic Title온라인카지노【KBK99。COM】소라카지노체험づ국내카지노딜러
- 14 라마다바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아카지노
- 15 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼베이카지노
- 16 바카라사이트【KBK99。COM】사설해외카지노주소づ워커힐카지노예약
- 17 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼바둑이족보
- 18 카지노사이트【KBK99。COM】합법해외카지노주소づ강원카지노이기는법
- 19 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼바카라가입머니
- 20 영종도바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】바카라사이트
- 21 슈퍼카지노【KBK99。COM】온라인정선카지노주소づ실전머니카지노
- 22 My Topic Title아시안바카라【KBK99。COM】엔젤카지노주소づ와와바카라
- 23 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼복불복게임
- 24 세븐럭바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】카지노사이트
- 25 아시안카지노【KBK99。COM】라이브카지노주소づ바카라이벤트
Hello Fellow Travelers,