I know this will not solve my problem, but I really want to vent, and perhaps provide info so that others can avoid this problem. I have about 50,000 Delta Skymiles, and wanted to use them to rent a car in England. When I entered all the information in the Delta system, it calculated miles required (I had more than enough), but then it would not process the transaction. I called Delta, they told me to contact the rental agency (Alamo), Turns out you can't use Skymiles for international car rentals. Of course this is not stated on the Delta website. Be forewarned.
Delta Skymiles - Problems with International Car Rental
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Toulouse and beyond -
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Munich with a car?
- 4 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 5 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 6 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 7 Day trip on the Rhine
- 8 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 9 Germany-berlin marathon
- 10 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 11 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 12 museum passes in Rome
- 13 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 16 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 17 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 18 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 19 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 20 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 21 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 22 Estonia Amber
- 23 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 24 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 25 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days