I know this will not solve my problem, but I really want to vent, and perhaps provide info so that others can avoid this problem. I have about 50,000 Delta Skymiles, and wanted to use them to rent a car in England. When I entered all the information in the Delta system, it calculated miles required (I had more than enough), but then it would not process the transaction. I called Delta, they told me to contact the rental agency (Alamo), Turns out you can't use Skymiles for international car rentals. Of course this is not stated on the Delta website. Be forewarned.
Delta Skymiles - Problems with International Car Rental
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy by Cruise Ship or Airplane/Rail
- 2 Easier connection to London's city center -- Gatwick or Stansted?
- 3 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 4 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 5 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 6 scotland trave;
- 7 Makes Blackpool look Fab
- 8 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 9 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 10 Newgrange
- 11 Spain. malaga to granada
- 12 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 13 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 14 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 15 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 16 Traveling after Dublin
- 17 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 18 Caceres hotel rec - Not the Parador
- 19 Airb2b in Paris
- 20 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 21 Oyster Card/Travelcard Question
- 22 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 23 Mauro Mansion B&B -- Feedback Wanted
- 24 Please help me plan my trip!
- 25 Trip Insurance