Planning a trip to Greece this July. We are in our late 50's, fairly fit. Tours are generally not my cup of tea, dislike spending so much time in a bus and then being rushed through sites. Both of us love ruins and history and would like to see something on the mainland outside of Athens. I've been looking at gotours (through Fantasy Travel) 2 day tour of Delphi and Meteora. The sites themselves sound wonderful, but I'm wondering how much time we will actually have at them, and whether we might be better off just taking the bus to Delphi on our own as a daytrip and skipping Meteora? Has anyone been on this tour? Or taken the bus to and from Delphi for a day trip? Is Meteora worth the time spent on the bus to see 2 of the monasteries? I'd appreciate any and all opinions. I also have a question posted about hotels in Greece if you'd care to share your opinion there. Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 2 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 3 Now for the Venice hotel
- 4 Day Trips from Paris
- 5 Spain vacation help
- 6 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 7 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 8 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 9 South of Switzerland
- 10 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 11 Home Base in Belgium
- 12 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 13 A Week in Spain
- 14 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 15 Leaving schengen country without a re entry permit
- 16 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 17 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 18 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 19 Greece after the Vote
- 20 To Prague or not to Prague
- 21 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 22 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 23 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 24 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 25 Night Train from Krakow to Budapest