Planning a trip to Greece this July. We are in our late 50's, fairly fit. Tours are generally not my cup of tea, dislike spending so much time in a bus and then being rushed through sites. Both of us love ruins and history and would like to see something on the mainland outside of Athens. I've been looking at gotours (through Fantasy Travel) 2 day tour of Delphi and Meteora. The sites themselves sound wonderful, but I'm wondering how much time we will actually have at them, and whether we might be better off just taking the bus to Delphi on our own as a daytrip and skipping Meteora? Has anyone been on this tour? Or taken the bus to and from Delphi for a day trip? Is Meteora worth the time spent on the bus to see 2 of the monasteries? I'd appreciate any and all opinions. I also have a question posted about hotels in Greece if you'd care to share your opinion there. Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ghent or Paris?
- 2 Venice, just arrived
- 3 Chip and Pin
- 4 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 5 Warsaw for the week-end / language question
- 6 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 7 France: which maps?
- 8 first family trip to Switzerland
- 9 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 10 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 11 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 12 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 13 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 14 German Rail Pass Questions
- 15 Train from Frankfurt to Madrid
- 16 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 17 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?
- 18 Venice - boats on canals
- 19 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 20 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 21 What Bus/buses
- 22 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 23 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 24 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 25 How do you organize yourself on vacation?