Planning a trip to Greece this July. We are in our late 50's, fairly fit. Tours are generally not my cup of tea, dislike spending so much time in a bus and then being rushed through sites. Both of us love ruins and history and would like to see something on the mainland outside of Athens. I've been looking at gotours (through Fantasy Travel) 2 day tour of Delphi and Meteora. The sites themselves sound wonderful, but I'm wondering how much time we will actually have at them, and whether we might be better off just taking the bus to Delphi on our own as a daytrip and skipping Meteora? Has anyone been on this tour? Or taken the bus to and from Delphi for a day trip? Is Meteora worth the time spent on the bus to see 2 of the monasteries? I'd appreciate any and all opinions. I also have a question posted about hotels in Greece if you'd care to share your opinion there. Thanks in advance for your help.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 2 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 3 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 6 London for Christmas
- 7 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 8 Advises for trip to Russia
- 9 Family European winter holiday
- 10 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 11 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 12 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 13 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 14 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 15 Travel by train or bus
- 16 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 17 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 18 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 19 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 22 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 23 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market