Planning a trip to Greece this July. We are in our late 50's, fairly fit. Tours are generally not my cup of tea, dislike spending so much time in a bus and then being rushed through sites. Both of us love ruins and history and would like to see something on the mainland outside of Athens. I've been looking at gotours (through Fantasy Travel) 2 day tour of Delphi and Meteora. The sites themselves sound wonderful, but I'm wondering how much time we will actually have at them, and whether we might be better off just taking the bus to Delphi on our own as a daytrip and skipping Meteora? Has anyone been on this tour? Or taken the bus to and from Delphi for a day trip? Is Meteora worth the time spent on the bus to see 2 of the monasteries? I'd appreciate any and all opinions. I also have a question posted about hotels in Greece if you'd care to share your opinion there. Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 2 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 3 Traveling to Munich
- 4 Day trips from Marseille
- 5 London tube
- 6 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 7 cooking classes
- 8 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 9 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 10 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 11 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 12 Zurich, Switzerland
- 13 Day trip from London to Paris
- 14 Europe in 21 days
- 15 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 16 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 17 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 18 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 19 one last portugal car rental question
- 20 Venice
- 21 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 22 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 23 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 24 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 25 A drive in Europe