Husband, 18 year old nephew (for whom the trip is a high school graduation gift), and I are travelling to England next year. We have (as usual) way too little time! We will depart 25 June and return home 6 July. That gives us 10 sightseeing days. This is our second time to England but it's our nephew's first trip abroad.
The plan so far is to pick up the rental car on arrival; husband is experienced with jet lagged other side of the road driving. We'll spend the first two nights (26-27 June) near Chichester to attend the Goodwood Festival of Speed on 27 June. Then we'll head to Bath for 2 or 3 nights. Then to London for the remainder of our time (5 or 6 nights).
I want a full day to explore Bath. Husband expressed an interest in seeing the Cotswolds. The boy is along for the ride! So, should we give up a night in London for a third night in Bath to have a full day to explore the Cotswolds? Is one day enough to get a taste of that region?
I can't book the London apartment until I make this decision so please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 3 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 6 Short Trip in July
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 10 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 11 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 14 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 15 38 Days in Paris
- 16 Naxos car rental
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 19 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 20 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 21 Things to do in Brussels
- 22 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 23 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 24 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 25 Recommendations for Wiesbaden