Husband, 18 year old nephew (for whom the trip is a high school graduation gift), and I are travelling to England next year. We have (as usual) way too little time! We will depart 25 June and return home 6 July. That gives us 10 sightseeing days. This is our second time to England but it's our nephew's first trip abroad.
The plan so far is to pick up the rental car on arrival; husband is experienced with jet lagged other side of the road driving. We'll spend the first two nights (26-27 June) near Chichester to attend the Goodwood Festival of Speed on 27 June. Then we'll head to Bath for 2 or 3 nights. Then to London for the remainder of our time (5 or 6 nights).
I want a full day to explore Bath. Husband expressed an interest in seeing the Cotswolds. The boy is along for the ride! So, should we give up a night in London for a third night in Bath to have a full day to explore the Cotswolds? Is one day enough to get a taste of that region?
I can't book the London apartment until I make this decision so please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 2 9 Days in Spain
- 3 God Save the Queen?
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 9 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 Driving through Paris
- 16 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 17 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 18 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Great Value Vacations - NOT