I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 2 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 3 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 4 Dresden or Leipzig
- 5 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 6 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 7 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 8 Eiffel tower tickets
- 9 4-6 weeks
- 10 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 11 Help With Vienna
- 12 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 13 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 18 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 19 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 20 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 21 Venice Banning Fodors
- 22 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 25 Need Some Italy Planning Help