I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wiring money for apt rental?
- 2 Moving to Belfast
- 3 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 4 Help with a small island in Greece
- 5 Photo Ops, Great Pubs, Something Different - Cornwall Suggestions Please
- 6 granada to algarve
- 7 Glasgow to Brody Ferry Scotland
- 8 Libourne overnight
- 9 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 10 70% off on hotel deals, 40% off on flights, Save up to $525 on flight
- 11 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 12 AA Frequent Flyer Flight bookings to Europe
- 13 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 14 Brugge photo on Bing
- 15 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 16 Can anyone suggest a good Italian phrase app?
- 17 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 18 Rail or Bus Travel in Italy
- 19 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 20 Travel from Berlin To Paris by train. good places to visit in Paris (tips)
- 21 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 22 Spending money in Italy?
- 23 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 24 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 25 I went to Paris in June