I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 2 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 3 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 4 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 5 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 6 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 7 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 8 No points in Paris .....
- 9 Small group for Colosseum
- 10 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 11 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 12 Three days in Spain
- 13 Monet in Normandy
- 14 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 15 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 16 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 17 London visit
- 18 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 21 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 22 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 23 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 24 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 25 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?