I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airb2b in Paris
- 2 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 3 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 4 Venice tourist travel pass
- 5 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 6 4 days in Scotland
- 7 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 8 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 9 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 10 Need help for unforgettable trip in PARIS
- 11 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 12 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 13 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 16 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 17 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 18 malaga to madrid train ?
- 19 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 20 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 21 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 22 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 23 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 24 Seaplane service
- 25 scotland trave;