I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 2 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 3 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 4 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 5 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 6 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 7 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 10 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 14 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 15 Which european city?
- 16 Southern Spain
- 17 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 18 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 19 Scotland November 2015
- 20 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 21 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 22 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 23 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 24 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 25 Italy Countryside