I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 2 London restaurants
- 3 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 4 Istanbul water
- 5 Madrid: City Views
- 6 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 7 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 8 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 9 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 10 Day Trips from Nice
- 11 Siena Favorites?
- 12 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 13 biking in France
- 14 using airbnb for the first time...
- 15 Help - road trip from Munich to Bruges
- 16 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 17 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 18 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 19 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 20 Help with France itinerary
- 21 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 22 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 23 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 24 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 25 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?