I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 2 Advice please...
- 3 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 4 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 5 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 6 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 7 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 8 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 9 Photographer in Paris?
- 10 Which hotel in London?
- 11 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 12 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 13 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 14 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 15 19 countries in a day
- 16 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 17 First visit to France in November
- 18 Venice; recommendations
- 19 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 20 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 21 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 22 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 23 Cosmetics from Paris. Any favorites Not Available Here?
- 24 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 25 Soccer (Football) tickets for Fiorentina game in early October