I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 2 Panarea lodging decision--need expert advice
- 3 Provence planning
- 4 Making reservations in Italy
- 5 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 6 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 7 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 8 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 9 Germany for 3 weeks
- 10 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 11 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)
- 12 Dublin Layover Suggestions
- 13 England, Paris itinerary help
- 14 Accommodations in Paris
- 15 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 16 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 17 Ireland Trip in Spring
- 18 MUST SEE in Odessa, & Sevestopol, Ukraine?
- 19 World´s biggest Rolls Royce collection in a great castle in Basque Country
- 20 South of France
- 21 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 22 Want to sell Pashmina but didnt find the store.
- 23 Car hire location price differences
- 24 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 25 Ukraine Travel 2014