I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 2 Moving to Belfast
- 3 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 4 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 5 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 6 3-Star Hotels in Roma Centro Storico
- 7 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 8 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 9 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 10 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 11 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 12 Luggage sizing
- 13 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 14 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 15 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 16 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 17 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 18 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 19 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 20 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 21 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 22 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 23 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 24 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 25 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!