I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 2 car rental companies Italy
- 3 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 4 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 5 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 6 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 7 What are the best places to see in England
- 8 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 9 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 10 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 11 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 12 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 13 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 14 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 15 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 16 hotels in Seville
- 17 Sicily Suggetions
- 18 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 19 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 20 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 21 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 22 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 23 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 24 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 25 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome