I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 2 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 3 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 4 Seaside island village in Greece
- 5 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 6 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 7 days in Greece
- 9 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 10 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 11 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 12 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 Spain itineraries
- 15 Itinerary Help!
- 16 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 17 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 18 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 19 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 22 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 23 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 24 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Ireland with a Northern Twist