I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain for 7 days
- 2 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 3 Spending money in Italy?
- 4 Help! Only a few days in CROTIA: where would you go?
- 5 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 6 Biking across Europe
- 7 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 8 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 9 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 10 Normandy in October
- 11 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 12 I went to Paris in June
- 13 "Cool" places for dinner in Rome when it's hot
- 14 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 15 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 16 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 17 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 18 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 19 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 21 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 22 Help! Just 3 nights in CROATIA: where should we go?
- 23 Oslo or Stockholm?
- 24 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 25 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt