I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 2 Best beach town in Italy?
- 3 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 4 Help with England/Wales tour
- 5 trip to norway
- 6 Cotswold Churches
- 7 A Greek sojourn
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 10 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 11 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 12 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 13 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 14 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 16 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 17 Is Venice really dirty?
- 18 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 19 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 20 Will a European two prong electrical adapter work with U.S. power strip ?
- 21 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 22 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 25 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train