I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 2 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 3 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 4 Andalucia itinerary help
- 5 Hotel in Paris
- 6 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 7 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 8 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 9 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 10 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 11 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 12 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
- 13 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 14 Mont St. Michele?
- 15 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 16 Berlin: evening dining
- 17 Alhambra questions
- 18 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 19 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 20 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 21 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 22 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 23 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 24 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 25 Where to stay near Pont du Gard