I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 2 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 3 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 4 7 Nights in Paris
- 5 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 6 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 7 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 8 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 9 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 10 3 weeks in Europe
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 13 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 14 London - Site List Triage -
- 15 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 16 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 17 Cell phones in Ireland
- 18 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 21 Priceline for London hotels
- 22 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 23 Ireland itinerary
- 24 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 25 Fjords, How To?