I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 2 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 3 An extra night in Germany: Rothenburg odT or Munich?...Opinions?
- 4 Europe Tour with Kids
- 5 Unique Venice Activity
- 6 Lakes District UK
- 7 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 8 England & Scotland in April
- 9 Norway -- Nutshell tour and Stavanger
- 10 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 11 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 12 Is this the right way<>?
- 13 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 14 Your favourite places in Bath
- 15 Rental car scams in Italy
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 Rome Areas to stay
- 18 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 19 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 20 Italy and Croatia
- 21 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 22 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 23 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 24 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 25 Italy - Month of July