I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
- 1 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 2 Edinburgh
- 3 Vacation rental in Provence
- 4 Which tour company would be best?
- 5 Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Fuessen - Last Bus
- 6 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 7 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 8 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 9 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 10 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 11 Battlefield Tour
- 12 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 13 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 14 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 15 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 16 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 17 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 18 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 19 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 20 Renting an apartment in Edinburgh
- 21 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 22 Help needed on 3 week itinerary to Croatia and Slovenia
- 23 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 24 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 25 Turkish Itinerary suggestions?