I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europcar at vienna airport
- 2 Slovenia itinerary
- 3 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions
- 4 Wine tour in Chianti
- 5 Bus ride to Positano
- 6 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 7 Two days in Switzerland, landing in Geneva
- 8 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 9 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 10 Croatia/Bosnia/Slovenia Itinerary Feeback Request
- 11 Amsterdam restaurants
- 12 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 13 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 14 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 15 Greece for a month with a baby
- 16 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 17 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 18 Andaz Liverpool vs. Marriott Regents Park
- 19 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 20 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 21 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 22 Pousadas
- 23 Portugal or Croatia, which would you choose?
- 24 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 25 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?