We are planning a spur of the moment trip from Dec 1-10 landing in Dublin spending 2 nights and then renting a car traveling south not sure yet on where we will stop but eventually will get to Gallway Bay cottages where we renting through our time share. Would like to use that place for 3 nights and do day trips from there. I am just worried that these units are cottages and may not be winterized. I see they have a fireplace and each room has a heater. We will not be spending much time in them only using them to sleep. Any thoughts here am I making a mistake. I know Dec will be chilly but we are prepared for that. Just want to do some sight seeing and visit the pubs, having never been to Ireland before. Also am looking to rent a car and I know the drivers seat is on the right so the manual cars will be shifting with the left hand. However am I correct that the foot pedals are the same as here in the states? Any input on our itinerary is appreciated as we have no set plan and are thinking of just winging it. I am hoping we will find many rooms available. Am I wrong here?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 2 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 3 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 4 Help with a small island in Greece
- 5 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 6 When is it best to go to Iceland to see the northern lights?
- 7 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 8 International driving permit required in France?
- 9 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 10 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 11 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 12 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 13 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 14 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 15 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 16 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 17 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 18 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 19 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 20 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 21 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 22 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 23 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 24 things in Rhonda
- 25 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please