We are planning a spur of the moment trip from Dec 1-10 landing in Dublin spending 2 nights and then renting a car traveling south not sure yet on where we will stop but eventually will get to Gallway Bay cottages where we renting through our time share. Would like to use that place for 3 nights and do day trips from there. I am just worried that these units are cottages and may not be winterized. I see they have a fireplace and each room has a heater. We will not be spending much time in them only using them to sleep. Any thoughts here am I making a mistake. I know Dec will be chilly but we are prepared for that. Just want to do some sight seeing and visit the pubs, having never been to Ireland before. Also am looking to rent a car and I know the drivers seat is on the right so the manual cars will be shifting with the left hand. However am I correct that the foot pedals are the same as here in the states? Any input on our itinerary is appreciated as we have no set plan and are thinking of just winging it. I am hoping we will find many rooms available. Am I wrong here?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I need a haircut
- 2 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 3 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 4 We Need a Pact
- 5 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 6 Madrid and London
- 7 Monet in Normandy
- 8 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 9 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 10 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 11 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 12 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 13 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 14 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 15 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 16 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 17 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 18 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 19 german rail ticket question
- 20 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 21 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 22 flea markets in France
- 23 Italy vacation rental help
- 24 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 25 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions