We are planning a spur of the moment trip from Dec 1-10 landing in Dublin spending 2 nights and then renting a car traveling south not sure yet on where we will stop but eventually will get to Gallway Bay cottages where we renting through our time share. Would like to use that place for 3 nights and do day trips from there. I am just worried that these units are cottages and may not be winterized. I see they have a fireplace and each room has a heater. We will not be spending much time in them only using them to sleep. Any thoughts here am I making a mistake. I know Dec will be chilly but we are prepared for that. Just want to do some sight seeing and visit the pubs, having never been to Ireland before. Also am looking to rent a car and I know the drivers seat is on the right so the manual cars will be shifting with the left hand. However am I correct that the foot pedals are the same as here in the states? Any input on our itinerary is appreciated as we have no set plan and are thinking of just winging it. I am hoping we will find many rooms available. Am I wrong here?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 days in turkey
- 2 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 3 7 days in Greece
- 4 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 5 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 6 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 7 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 8 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 9 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 10 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 11 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 12 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 13 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 16 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 17 Hotel in Venice
- 18 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 19 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 20 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 21 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 22 Europe in 21 days
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip