We are planning a spur of the moment trip from Dec 1-10 landing in Dublin spending 2 nights and then renting a car traveling south not sure yet on where we will stop but eventually will get to Gallway Bay cottages where we renting through our time share. Would like to use that place for 3 nights and do day trips from there. I am just worried that these units are cottages and may not be winterized. I see they have a fireplace and each room has a heater. We will not be spending much time in them only using them to sleep. Any thoughts here am I making a mistake. I know Dec will be chilly but we are prepared for that. Just want to do some sight seeing and visit the pubs, having never been to Ireland before. Also am looking to rent a car and I know the drivers seat is on the right so the manual cars will be shifting with the left hand. However am I correct that the foot pedals are the same as here in the states? Any input on our itinerary is appreciated as we have no set plan and are thinking of just winging it. I am hoping we will find many rooms available. Am I wrong here?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 2 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 3 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 4 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 5 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 6 Northern Spain
- 7 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 8 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 9 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 10 week in calabria
- 11 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 12 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 13 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 14 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 15 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 16 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 17 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 18 Akrotiri Tours
- 19 Walking in Oslo
- 20 London hotel tax is 20%
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 22 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 23 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 24 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 25 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?