I have been feeling the need to get away, and the end of December is allowing me to take some time off. I've been looking at my options, and am considering either Slovenia/Croatia [Ljubljana / Bled / Zagreb / Dubrovnik] or Turkey [Istanbul / Ephesus / Troy]. I plan to be gone about 10-11 days [~12/24 - 1/4]. I realize these are radically different locations, but my main question is - what will be weather be like? I don't mind a little rain, and I don't mind a little snow, but combine either one with windy, and that's no good. I've done a couple of searches in the forum, but haven't really come up with any answers... so, has anyone been to either area in the same time frame? Is there one place you would suggest over another? And if neither, where might you want to go to? Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week driving in Bavaria
- 2 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 3 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 4 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 5 written guide for Olympia
- 6 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 7 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 8 PLITVICE LAKES
- 9 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 10 Naxos hotel question
- 11 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 12 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 13 Avignon or St. remy
- 14 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 15 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 16 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 17 Camino Redux
- 18 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 19 Swiss Flex pass and half fare pass
- 20 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 21 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 22 Reykjavik Trip Report
- 23 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 Charming hotel in Milan?