I have been feeling the need to get away, and the end of December is allowing me to take some time off. I've been looking at my options, and am considering either Slovenia/Croatia [Ljubljana / Bled / Zagreb / Dubrovnik] or Turkey [Istanbul / Ephesus / Troy]. I plan to be gone about 10-11 days [~12/24 - 1/4]. I realize these are radically different locations, but my main question is - what will be weather be like? I don't mind a little rain, and I don't mind a little snow, but combine either one with windy, and that's no good. I've done a couple of searches in the forum, but haven't really come up with any answers... so, has anyone been to either area in the same time frame? Is there one place you would suggest over another? And if neither, where might you want to go to? Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Paris
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 5 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 6 Train travel
- 7 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 8 B&Bs in Ireland
- 9 travel fan 220v?
- 10 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 11 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 12 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 13 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 14 Guide in Russia
- 15 WWI Battlefields
- 16 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 17 Visiting Zurich
- 18 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 19 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 22 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 23 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 24 Zadar or Sibenik
- 25 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?