I have been feeling the need to get away, and the end of December is allowing me to take some time off. I've been looking at my options, and am considering either Slovenia/Croatia [Ljubljana / Bled / Zagreb / Dubrovnik] or Turkey [Istanbul / Ephesus / Troy]. I plan to be gone about 10-11 days [~12/24 - 1/4]. I realize these are radically different locations, but my main question is - what will be weather be like? I don't mind a little rain, and I don't mind a little snow, but combine either one with windy, and that's no good. I've done a couple of searches in the forum, but haven't really come up with any answers... so, has anyone been to either area in the same time frame? Is there one place you would suggest over another? And if neither, where might you want to go to? Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam Bruges London Paris - 11 nights?
- 2 Paris in April
- 3 Best places for Pinchos in Barcelona?
- 4 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 5 Scotland trip report
- 6 Rental apartment in Limassol Cyprus
- 7 Retiree health insurance gap coverage
- 8 Tour Guide recomendations
- 9 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 10 Belgium - Netherlands Itinerary - Need feedback
- 11 German train transfer times
- 12 pick pockets in Rome
- 13 Looking for a cooking class in Sorrento
- 14 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 15 Madrid in 2 Days
- 16 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 17 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 18 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 19 Lyon and ?
- 20 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 21 Seeing the Vatican in Rome
- 22 Croatia before a river cruise?
- 23 Transport around Europe
- 24 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 25 Apartment (and surrounding area) input request for Paris