I have been feeling the need to get away, and the end of December is allowing me to take some time off. I've been looking at my options, and am considering either Slovenia/Croatia [Ljubljana / Bled / Zagreb / Dubrovnik] or Turkey [Istanbul / Ephesus / Troy]. I plan to be gone about 10-11 days [~12/24 - 1/4]. I realize these are radically different locations, but my main question is - what will be weather be like? I don't mind a little rain, and I don't mind a little snow, but combine either one with windy, and that's no good. I've done a couple of searches in the forum, but haven't really come up with any answers... so, has anyone been to either area in the same time frame? Is there one place you would suggest over another? And if neither, where might you want to go to? Thanks for your help!
December Location - Help Needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 2 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 3 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 4 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 5 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 6 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 7 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 8 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 9 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 10 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 11 Late night train from Prague
- 12 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 13 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 14 I'm in a funk
- 15 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 16 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 17 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 18 Mama Mia Italy!
- 19 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 20 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 21 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 22 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 23 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 24 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 25 Amsterdam vs Prague