I have been feeling the need to get away, and the end of December is allowing me to take some time off. I've been looking at my options, and am considering either Slovenia/Croatia [Ljubljana / Bled / Zagreb / Dubrovnik] or Turkey [Istanbul / Ephesus / Troy]. I plan to be gone about 10-11 days [~12/24 - 1/4]. I realize these are radically different locations, but my main question is - what will be weather be like? I don't mind a little rain, and I don't mind a little snow, but combine either one with windy, and that's no good. I've done a couple of searches in the forum, but haven't really come up with any answers... so, has anyone been to either area in the same time frame? Is there one place you would suggest over another? And if neither, where might you want to go to? Thanks for your help!
December Location - Help Needed
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 3 Planning a holiday
- 4 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 5 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 6 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 7 Travel by train or bus
- 8 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 9 Advises for trip to Russia
- 10 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 Amsterdam, Paris, and Bruges
- 13 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 14 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 15 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 16 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 17 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 18 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 19 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 20 Driving where to stop question June 2014
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 23 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 To Paris and Provence in June