I have been feeling the need to get away, and the end of December is allowing me to take some time off. I've been looking at my options, and am considering either Slovenia/Croatia [Ljubljana / Bled / Zagreb / Dubrovnik] or Turkey [Istanbul / Ephesus / Troy]. I plan to be gone about 10-11 days [~12/24 - 1/4]. I realize these are radically different locations, but my main question is - what will be weather be like? I don't mind a little rain, and I don't mind a little snow, but combine either one with windy, and that's no good. I've done a couple of searches in the forum, but haven't really come up with any answers... so, has anyone been to either area in the same time frame? Is there one place you would suggest over another? And if neither, where might you want to go to? Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eurotrip - Athens to Santorini
- 2 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 3 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 4 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 5 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 6 Our European adventures
- 7 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 8 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 9 Spain Trip Report
- 10 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 11 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 12 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 13 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 14 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 15 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 16 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 17 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 18 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 19 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 20 20 free days of Europe
- 21 CDG international flight
- 22 12 days europe
- 23 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 24 Budapest on a budget
- 25 Seville in late January