I have been feeling the need to get away, and the end of December is allowing me to take some time off. I've been looking at my options, and am considering either Slovenia/Croatia [Ljubljana / Bled / Zagreb / Dubrovnik] or Turkey [Istanbul / Ephesus / Troy]. I plan to be gone about 10-11 days [~12/24 - 1/4]. I realize these are radically different locations, but my main question is - what will be weather be like? I don't mind a little rain, and I don't mind a little snow, but combine either one with windy, and that's no good. I've done a couple of searches in the forum, but haven't really come up with any answers... so, has anyone been to either area in the same time frame? Is there one place you would suggest over another? And if neither, where might you want to go to? Thanks for your help!
December Location - Help Needed
- 1 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 2 Guided Tour recommendation for Pere-Lachaise Cemetery needed
- 3 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 4 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 5 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 6 Barcelona to Positano
- 7 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 8 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 9 First time to paris...4day stay..what to do?
- 10 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 11 Retirement Vacation
- 12 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 13 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 14 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 15 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 16 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 17 Almalfi in Late March??
- 18 Edinburgh
- 19 Four Days in Seville
- 20 Tour-Free Travel
- 21 London Evening Activity
- 22 Where to Buy Marionettes in Prague?
- 23 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 24 Planning my days in Paris
- 25 Oystercard/Travelcard planning