I have been feeling the need to get away, and the end of December is allowing me to take some time off. I've been looking at my options, and am considering either Slovenia/Croatia [Ljubljana / Bled / Zagreb / Dubrovnik] or Turkey [Istanbul / Ephesus / Troy]. I plan to be gone about 10-11 days [~12/24 - 1/4]. I realize these are radically different locations, but my main question is - what will be weather be like? I don't mind a little rain, and I don't mind a little snow, but combine either one with windy, and that's no good. I've done a couple of searches in the forum, but haven't really come up with any answers... so, has anyone been to either area in the same time frame? Is there one place you would suggest over another? And if neither, where might you want to go to? Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Crete Holiday
- 2 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 3 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 4 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 5 Where should I go with my family?
- 6 PARIS
- 7 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 8 First Solo Adventure
- 9 First Solo Adventure
- 10 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 11 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 12 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 13 Stu Tower
- 14 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 17 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 18 Which Hotel in Rome
- 19 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 20 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 23 SE ITALY
- 24 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 25 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?