I have been feeling the need to get away, and the end of December is allowing me to take some time off. I've been looking at my options, and am considering either Slovenia/Croatia [Ljubljana / Bled / Zagreb / Dubrovnik] or Turkey [Istanbul / Ephesus / Troy]. I plan to be gone about 10-11 days [~12/24 - 1/4]. I realize these are radically different locations, but my main question is - what will be weather be like? I don't mind a little rain, and I don't mind a little snow, but combine either one with windy, and that's no good. I've done a couple of searches in the forum, but haven't really come up with any answers... so, has anyone been to either area in the same time frame? Is there one place you would suggest over another? And if neither, where might you want to go to? Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 2 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 3 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 4 alcazar question and seville advice
- 5 Amsterdam highlights
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 8 Villa in Italy
- 9 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 10 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 11 Paris advice with kids
- 12 International drivers permit
- 13 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 14 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 15 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 16 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 17 Paris travel help
- 18 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 19 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 20 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 21 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 22 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 23 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 One night in the Dolomites