We´re going on our Honeymoon to Andalucía, at the south of Spain, from Dec 13th up until Christmas.
We begin our trip in Lisbon (cheapest inbound flights to the region), where we would like to maybe spend a day to quickly see the sights, and then cross over to Sevilla. The "must" places would be Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada and Ronda, in the first place, and then summing up some other destinations, maybe Marbella, Malaga, Jaen or even Cadiz.
We would be doing everything by car, probably from Lisbon. The initial idea of the trip is to do 2 nights/3 days in Sevilla, then 2 nights/1 day in Cordoba, 2 nights/1 day in Granada, 1 night/1 day in Ronda and then try to sort out the rest with the rest of the important cities.
The questions that I have are:
1) Are the nights/days for these top cities enough?
2) From the second options, what would you recommend the most? I didn´t hear much about Marbella, but since it´s in the region I considered it into the pool of possible destinations. Any other destination you might add?
3) Christmas: what would be a good city to be in on the 24th? I´ve heard that the Christmas lights in Malaga are beautiful, but since our return flight is from Lisbon, we wouldn´t want to drive all that distance on the 25th.
4) I´ve heard a thousand times that people sometimes cross to Morocco (Tanger) for a day or a day and a half. Is it worth it?
Thanks in advance for all your feedback
All the best
December Honeymoon in Andalucia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 2 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 3 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 4 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 5 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 6 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 7 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 8 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 9 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 10 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 11 Toulouse and beyond -
- 12 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 13 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 14 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 15 Munich
- 16 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 17 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 18 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 19 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 20 Munich with a car?
- 21 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 23 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 24 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 25 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days