We´re going on our Honeymoon to Andalucía, at the south of Spain, from Dec 13th up until Christmas.
We begin our trip in Lisbon (cheapest inbound flights to the region), where we would like to maybe spend a day to quickly see the sights, and then cross over to Sevilla. The "must" places would be Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada and Ronda, in the first place, and then summing up some other destinations, maybe Marbella, Malaga, Jaen or even Cadiz.
We would be doing everything by car, probably from Lisbon. The initial idea of the trip is to do 2 nights/3 days in Sevilla, then 2 nights/1 day in Cordoba, 2 nights/1 day in Granada, 1 night/1 day in Ronda and then try to sort out the rest with the rest of the important cities.
The questions that I have are:
1) Are the nights/days for these top cities enough?
2) From the second options, what would you recommend the most? I didn´t hear much about Marbella, but since it´s in the region I considered it into the pool of possible destinations. Any other destination you might add?
3) Christmas: what would be a good city to be in on the 24th? I´ve heard that the Christmas lights in Malaga are beautiful, but since our return flight is from Lisbon, we wouldn´t want to drive all that distance on the 25th.
4) I´ve heard a thousand times that people sometimes cross to Morocco (Tanger) for a day or a day and a half. Is it worth it?
Thanks in advance for all your feedback
All the best
December Honeymoon in Andalucia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 2 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 3 Air pollution in Paris
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Dublin to Armagh?
- 6 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 7 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 8 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 9 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 10 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 11 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 12 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 13 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 14 England and Scotland
- 15 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 16 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 17 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 18 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 19 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 20 Naxos in May
- 21 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 22 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 25 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS