We´re going on our Honeymoon to Andalucía, at the south of Spain, from Dec 13th up until Christmas.
We begin our trip in Lisbon (cheapest inbound flights to the region), where we would like to maybe spend a day to quickly see the sights, and then cross over to Sevilla. The "must" places would be Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada and Ronda, in the first place, and then summing up some other destinations, maybe Marbella, Malaga, Jaen or even Cadiz.
We would be doing everything by car, probably from Lisbon. The initial idea of the trip is to do 2 nights/3 days in Sevilla, then 2 nights/1 day in Cordoba, 2 nights/1 day in Granada, 1 night/1 day in Ronda and then try to sort out the rest with the rest of the important cities.
The questions that I have are:
1) Are the nights/days for these top cities enough?
2) From the second options, what would you recommend the most? I didn´t hear much about Marbella, but since it´s in the region I considered it into the pool of possible destinations. Any other destination you might add?
3) Christmas: what would be a good city to be in on the 24th? I´ve heard that the Christmas lights in Malaga are beautiful, but since our return flight is from Lisbon, we wouldn´t want to drive all that distance on the 25th.
4) I´ve heard a thousand times that people sometimes cross to Morocco (Tanger) for a day or a day and a half. Is it worth it?
Thanks in advance for all your feedback
All the best
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 2 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic
- 3 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 4 RHK's Fall escape
- 5 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 6 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 7 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 8 Need help in travel planning
- 9 Oops - too many yes it is me me me
- 10 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 11 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 12 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 13 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 14 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 15 A week driving in Bavaria
- 16 9 Days in Portugal!
- 17 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Hiking Dolomites
- 20 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 21 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 22 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 23 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 24 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 25 Italy: your favorite national park?