We´re going on our Honeymoon to Andalucía, at the south of Spain, from Dec 13th up until Christmas.
We begin our trip in Lisbon (cheapest inbound flights to the region), where we would like to maybe spend a day to quickly see the sights, and then cross over to Sevilla. The "must" places would be Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada and Ronda, in the first place, and then summing up some other destinations, maybe Marbella, Malaga, Jaen or even Cadiz.
We would be doing everything by car, probably from Lisbon. The initial idea of the trip is to do 2 nights/3 days in Sevilla, then 2 nights/1 day in Cordoba, 2 nights/1 day in Granada, 1 night/1 day in Ronda and then try to sort out the rest with the rest of the important cities.
The questions that I have are:
1) Are the nights/days for these top cities enough?
2) From the second options, what would you recommend the most? I didn´t hear much about Marbella, but since it´s in the region I considered it into the pool of possible destinations. Any other destination you might add?
3) Christmas: what would be a good city to be in on the 24th? I´ve heard that the Christmas lights in Malaga are beautiful, but since our return flight is from Lisbon, we wouldn´t want to drive all that distance on the 25th.
4) I´ve heard a thousand times that people sometimes cross to Morocco (Tanger) for a day or a day and a half. Is it worth it?
Thanks in advance for all your feedback
All the best
December Honeymoon in Andalucia
- 1 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 2 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 3 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 4 Car in Prague
- 5 Rome Accommodation
- 6 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 7 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 8 Istanbul hotels
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 10 2 Week European Itinerary
- 11 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 12 TGV and Provence questions
- 13 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 16 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 17 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 21 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 22 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 23 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 24 Family European winter holiday
- 25 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?