We´re going on our Honeymoon to Andalucía, at the south of Spain, from Dec 13th up until Christmas.
We begin our trip in Lisbon (cheapest inbound flights to the region), where we would like to maybe spend a day to quickly see the sights, and then cross over to Sevilla. The "must" places would be Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada and Ronda, in the first place, and then summing up some other destinations, maybe Marbella, Malaga, Jaen or even Cadiz.
We would be doing everything by car, probably from Lisbon. The initial idea of the trip is to do 2 nights/3 days in Sevilla, then 2 nights/1 day in Cordoba, 2 nights/1 day in Granada, 1 night/1 day in Ronda and then try to sort out the rest with the rest of the important cities.
The questions that I have are:
1) Are the nights/days for these top cities enough?
2) From the second options, what would you recommend the most? I didn´t hear much about Marbella, but since it´s in the region I considered it into the pool of possible destinations. Any other destination you might add?
3) Christmas: what would be a good city to be in on the 24th? I´ve heard that the Christmas lights in Malaga are beautiful, but since our return flight is from Lisbon, we wouldn´t want to drive all that distance on the 25th.
4) I´ve heard a thousand times that people sometimes cross to Morocco (Tanger) for a day or a day and a half. Is it worth it?
Thanks in advance for all your feedback
All the best
December Honeymoon in Andalucia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iwango went…to Nice
- 2 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 3 Scotland- Edinburgh
- 4 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 5 Lake Como transportation questions
- 6 Day roadtrips from Munich base
- 7 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 8 Berlin Prague Vienna Munich
- 9 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 10 5 Observations About Paris
- 11 Greek Seas- Sailing on the Mediterranean
- 12 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 13 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 14 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 15 Cylades Island Hopping
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 18 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 19 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 20 Scuol, Switzerland
- 21 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 22 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 23 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 24 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 25 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review