My friend and I (both 25 years old, Female) have about 9-11 days we can travel in December-January. Thinking of departing on Dec 27-30th and returning in January (whatever works out to be the cheapest)
Having a hard time deciding where to go because it (unfortunately) will be the new year. Somewhere budget friendly, nothing more than $2500 each, hopefully including flight, hotel/private-room hostels (probably will use air miles to cover 5-6 days of stay in a hotel), food and spending money. We would like somewhere safe, and also fun but not too crazy for new years.
We had London in mind then a few days up around Scotland and possibly Dublin.
Or Prauge, Krakow, Warsaw...
Also, we are concerned with new years day being a holiday... and was reading that the 2nd of January this year and some things could be closed!
Then we are thinking we could do an all inclusive for $1800-2000 in mexico... but then that seems really like a waste of money. Not too privy to anything other than an all inclusive in Mexico because as two female travellers we just feel more comfortable in more of a touristy environment.
Any other ideas on destinations we haven't thought of or overall thoughts? We like sightseeing, museums, hiking, etc., but also enjoy relaxing on the beach.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 2 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 3 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 4 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 5 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 8 First time in Bulgaria
- 9 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Alps Drive
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 St Denis Cathedral
- 16 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 17 Paris cooking classes
- 18 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 19 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 20 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 21 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 22 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Praiano
- 25 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)