I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 2 Is Venice really dirty?
- 3 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 4 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 5 Autumn in Paris
- 6 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 7 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 8 Weekend in Norfolk
- 9 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 10 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 11 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 12 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 13 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 14 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 15 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 16 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 17 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 18 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 19 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 20 Burgundy in May
- 21 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 22 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 23 St Germain
- 24 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 25 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip