I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 2 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 3 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 4 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 5 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 6 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 7 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 8 Athens and which islands?
- 9 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 10 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 11 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 12 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 13 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 14 driving country-to-country: so many questions
- 15 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 16 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 17 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 18 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 19 Which Car to book at CDG in May 2015? Do you get Complimentary Upgrade?
- 20 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 21 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 22 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 23 Cell phone use in Europe for dummies
- 24 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 25 Trans-Siberian Railway