I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 2 England and Scotland
- 3 Dublin to Armagh?
- 4 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 5 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 6 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 7 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 8 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 9 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 10 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 11 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 12 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 13 Air pollution in Paris
- 14 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 15 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 16 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 17 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 18 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 19 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 20 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 23 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 24 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 25 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio