I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 2 Who owns the Alhambra? ...calling all history buffs
- 3 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 4 The BEST Road Trip Ever! 15 Nights in Iceland
- 5 Small-group day tours from London?
- 6 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 7 How to rent a car...
- 8 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 9 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 10 Advise
- 11 Getting Around Toledo
- 12 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 13 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 14 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 15 Best location to stay in Seville
- 16 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 17 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 18 Crete - Short Island Cruises from/return Crete
- 19 Photos from our wonderful trip to Spain
- 20 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
- 21 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 22 Andalucia to Madrid
- 23 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 24 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 25 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?