I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 2 Cotswold Churches
- 3 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 4 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 5 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 6 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 7 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 8 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 9 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 10 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 11 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 12 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 13 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 14 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 15 London Trip Travel
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 17 I dream of Europe
- 18 Weekend in Norfolk
- 19 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 20 St Germain
- 21 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 22 Autumn in Paris
- 23 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 24 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 25 Norway 2014