I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with England/Wales tour
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 4 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 5 Autumn in Paris
- 6 First Time to UK since 2001
- 7 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 8 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 9 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 10 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 11 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 12 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 13 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 14 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 15 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 16 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 17 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 18 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 19 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 20 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 21 NCAA Pigskin Week Six ? Picks?
- 22 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 23 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 24 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 25 Travel between Madrid and Caceres