I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 2 Uk visa processing time
- 3 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 4 Heathrow-Bath bus tickets
- 5 NZ Passport validity
- 6 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 7 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 8 Uk visa
- 9 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 10 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 11 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 12 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 13 22" or 24" for Europe trains?
- 14 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence
- 15 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 16 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 17 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 18 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 19 Porto to Salamanca
- 20 Trip to Italy
- 21 Classical Music Concert in Vienna
- 22 Copenhagen hotel
- 23 scotland trave;
- 24 Mediterranean Vacation - Transportation
- 25 How Well-Traveled Are You?