I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 2 3 weeks in Sicily
- 3 Raining in rome
- 4 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 5 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 6 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 7 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 8 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 9 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 10 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 11 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 12 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 13 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 14 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 15 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 16 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 17 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 18 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 19 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 20 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 21 Venice-Milan Airport Woes
- 22 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 23 Paris and where else?
- 24 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 25 Real Mary King's Close Tour in Edinburgh