I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 2 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 3 janis j and other London experts—advice for booking rooms for a group
- 4 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 5 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 6 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 7 Cost of Van from CDG
- 8 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 9 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 10 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 11 Restaurant Open on Monday's near Castlemuzio
- 12 Barcelona on budget
- 13 Provence to Nice driving
- 14 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 15 Northern Italian Food
- 16 German Train travel
- 17 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 18 ANDALUCIA IN AUTUMN
- 19 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 20 Santorini, Paros/Ios
- 21 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 22 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 23 Android App to Map walking (with only GPS & off-line maps); no internet
- 24 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 25 Where to go in March??