I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay away from EF Tours
- 2 Madrid and London
- 3 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 4 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 5 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
- 6 Trip report Lofoten in Norway
- 7 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 8 Ireland driving vacation
- 9 I went to Paris in June
- 10 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 11 Norway -- Nutshell tour and Stavanger
- 12 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 13 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 14 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 15 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 16 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 17 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 18 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 19 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 20 I'm in a funk
- 21 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 22 Bike touring in France
- 23 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 24 Things to do near Nice
- 25 Student Visas/Schengen Zone