I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 2 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 3 best time to book accommodation
- 4 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 5 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 6 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 7 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 8 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 9 London visit
- 10 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 11 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 14 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 15 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 16 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 17 No points in Paris .....
- 18 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 19 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 20 Pompeii train to Naples
- 21 Small group for Colosseum
- 22 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 23 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 24 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 25 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?