I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 2 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 3 2 weeks in Spain
- 4 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 5 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 6 Wines charted by flavor
- 7 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 8 Museum Pass
- 9 Central Europe itinerary
- 10 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 11 Arriving in Prague
- 12 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 13 France in October
- 14 Day trips out of Florence?
- 15 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 16 Venice; recommendations
- 17 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 18 48 hours to departure for Switzerland...questions on Swiss Pass
- 19 7 countries in a month
- 20 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 21 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 22 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 23 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 24 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 25 Ventimiglia to Trieste