I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 2 Luggage sizing
- 3 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 4 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 5 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 6 Moving to Belfast
- 7 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 8 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 9 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 10 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 11 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 12 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 13 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 14 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 15 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 16 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 17 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 18 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 19 London during Christmas week
- 20 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 21 Arriving Boxing Day London
- 22 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 23 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 24 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 25 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?