I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 3 London for Christmas
- 4 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 5 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 6 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 7 River cruises
- 8 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 9 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 10 7 days in Andalucia
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 12 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 13 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 15 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 18 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 19 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 Belgium