I've tried searching on this topic but can't find many specifics. I have a Bank of America debit card that I will be bringing to France, and am wondering is it cheaper to make large purchases with a debit card directly or cash from an ATM (BofA offers no ATM fees if taken from BNP Paribas ATM)
Ex. If I want to buy something for $2000 at x place, should I pay with my debit card or cash?
Debit Card vs Cash in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Munich
- 2 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 3 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 4 Luggage sizing
- 5 Eleanor's Pages
- 6 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 7 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 8 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 9 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 10 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 11 Moving to Belfast
- 12 Where to rent a car in Barcelona
- 13 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 14 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 15 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 16 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 17 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 18 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 19 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 20 3-Star Hotels in Roma Centro Storico
- 21 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 22 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 23 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 24 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 25 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June