I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SatNav and GPS systems that show speed cameras are illegal
- 2 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 3 how to spend 9 nights in Provence (France)
- 4 Overnight Layover -London
- 5 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 6 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 7 First trip to Europe-Final itinerary
- 8 London Weekly Apartment
- 9 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 10 International driving permit required in France?
- 11 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 12 Time to go through customs in Glascow, Scotland
- 13 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
- 14 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 15 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 16 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 17 Finalizing Itinerary
- 18 Rent a car in Le Havre, FR
- 19 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 20 Destination wedding venue suggestions Tuscany or No Italy
- 21 American looking for any work in Italy
- 22 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 23 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 24 10 Days trip to Europe
- 25 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day