I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 2 What clothes?
- 3 Springtime in Luzern (& Rigi, Basel, Zofingen, Rapperswil...)
- 4 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 5 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 6 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 7 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 8 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 9 Help with London accomodation - totally confused now.
- 10 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 11 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 12 Overstaying residence visa(UDI) in Norway by 1 day(5-6 hr)
- 13 transatlantic cruise from barcelona
- 14 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 15 Lazing it in Lisbon; Notes and Rambling Thoughts from and Extended Stay
- 16 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 17 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 18 France Grande Alpes Excursion
- 19 Daughter has British passport can she get free education in UK
- 20 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 21 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 22 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 23 collecting tickets for early alhambra visit
- 24 Car rental in Caen?
- 25 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?