I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
DB Bahn - are Compartments flexible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 2 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 3 Germany for 3 weeks
- 4 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 5 Great restaurants in Italy
- 6 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 7 Renting an apt.
- 8 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 9 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 10 Bayeux to Mt. St Micheal - Any interesting stops along the way?
- 11 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 12 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 13 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 14 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 15 Amsterday > Bruges
- 16 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 17 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 18 Help me with this trip
- 19 anticipating Italian autostrada traffic in July to catch ferry
- 20 February end Europe travel with Kids
- 21 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 22 Large rental villa in Provence for family reunion
- 23 London - Off-the-Path Gems
- 24 Passport stamp in the UK
- 25 Weekend Driving in Rome