I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 2 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 3 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 4 Ravenna Mosaics
- 5 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 6 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 7 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 8 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 9 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 10 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 11 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 12 FlamencoTickets.com reliable site?
- 13 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 14 Greece Itinerary
- 15 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 16 15 days trip to Europe
- 17 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 18 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 19 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 20 Amsterdam, Germany
- 21 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 22 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 23 European Travel in March
- 24 Scotland Highlands Help
- 25 Changing planes in Frankfurt