I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 4 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 5 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 6 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 7 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 8 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 9 Liberty print dresses in London?
- 10 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 11 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 12 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 13 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 14 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 15 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 16 Private transportation
- 17 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 19 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 20 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 21 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 22 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 23 Global Travel Warning...
- 24 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 25 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains