I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence, Italy
- 2 Trip Report, Madrid, Seville, Granada, Cordoba
- 3 European Championship
- 4 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 5 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 6 Tyrol day hiking
- 7 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 8 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 9 Summer destination for couples HELP!
- 10 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 11 I'm back.....
- 12 To europe this Aug
- 13 One week in & near Marseille
- 14 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 15 FCO connection time
- 16 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 17 Charles Degaulle question
- 18 Swiss travel pass for Munich
- 19 Italy trains question
- 20 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 21 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 22 Departure Tax in UK
- 23 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 24 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 25 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane