I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
DB Bahn - are Compartments flexible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 2 Street food in Turkey
- 3 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 4 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 5 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 Toulouse and beyond -
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 One week in Venice - trips
- 10 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 11 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 12 Scotland
- 13 9 days in turkey
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 16 UK for 12 days !
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 19 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 20 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 21 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 22 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 25 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como