I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 2 Train travel
- 3 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 4 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 B&Bs in Ireland
- 7 travel fan 220v?
- 8 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 9 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 10 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 11 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 12 Guide in Russia
- 13 WWI Battlefields
- 14 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 15 Visiting Zurich
- 16 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 17 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 18 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 19 Switzerland
- 20 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 21 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 22 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 23 Zadar or Sibenik
- 24 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 25 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback