I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
DB Bahn - are Compartments flexible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Annecy by Train
- 2 We have no idea where to go!
- 3 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 4 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 5 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 6 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 7 Hey Fodor's
- 8 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 9 Olive Oil
- 10 Fantastic 3Days adventure trip in Kenya for only Usd 280 (for the 3days)
- 11 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 12 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 13 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 14 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 15 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 16 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 17 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 18 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 19 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 20 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 21 France in December 2014
- 22 Europe Itinerary
- 23 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 24 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 25 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto