I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
DB Bahn - are Compartments flexible?
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 3 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 4 Train travel in Europe
- 5 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 6 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 7 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 8 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 9 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 10 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 11 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 12 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Prague Main Train Station
- 17 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 18 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 19 When to visit Provence updated info
- 20 Purchasing SNCF Tickets
- 21 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 22 Itinerary Questions
- 23 Honeymoon to Greece in June 2014. Santorini, Crete, Mykonos, Rodes
- 24 Medieval Tallinn
- 25 Italian language schools