I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
DB Bahn - are Compartments flexible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 2 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 3 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 4 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 5 Venice hotel: Select from the shortlist pls
- 6 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 7 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 8 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 9 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 10 Brugge photo on Bing
- 11 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 12 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 13 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 14 I went to Paris in June
- 15 Help with a small island in Greece
- 16 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 17 Cotswolds village base
- 18 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 19 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 20 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 21 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 22 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 23 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Outerwear France Beginning of September