I am an American citizen that will be taking the train with my husband and 2 friends (one of them is German) from Frankfurt to Hamburg in June.
On the DB Bahn website, we discovered that there were 3 extremely discounted seats - *1st class* for only €109 total - so only about €35 each! We checked to see about 4 tickets the price jumped to €219 so we decided to just purchase the 3 cheap ones and made a second reservation for €69 (not nearly the same discount, but still a great deal compared to normal prices!).
I was able to select Compartment for both reservations, but had no ability to choose anything specific regarding where we would be sitting. I noticed on the confirmation page (once the payment was made) that it has the following:
- 1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Fenster, Wg. 12, Pl. 56
- 3 Sitzplätze, 1. Klasse, Nichtraucher, Abteilwagen, 1 Mitte, 2 Gang, Wg. 12, Pl. 41 42 44
I understand that to mean # of tickets, 1st class, and the train/compartment type... but it looks like they assigned everyone train car 12 (good!) but seats 41/42/44 and 56 (not good!)
Is it possible for us to sit together even though the single reservation shows a different seat number? I've ridden on German trains before but in 2nd class, open seating.
I have emailed DB Bahn and requested this change, but I figured I should ask over here if that is even necessary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona Car rental return
- 2 Slovania & Croatia
- 3 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 4 Manchester on derby weekend
- 5 BIKE AND BARGE
- 6 Barcelona extension
- 7 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 8 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 9 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 10 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 11 Enjoying England for a year!
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 14 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 15 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 16 VRBO Neighborhood
- 17 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 18 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 19 Madrid city centre?
- 20 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 21 Ireland driving itinerary
- 22 Europe itinerary
- 23 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 24 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 25 French Riviera