I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Daytrip to France from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 2 Reykjavik hotels
- 3 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 4 I dream of Europe
- 5 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 6 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 7 First Time to UK since 2001
- 8 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 9 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 10 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 11 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 12 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 13 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 14 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 15 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 16 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 19 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 20 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 21 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 22 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 23 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 24 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 25 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014