I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 3 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 4 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 5 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 8 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 9 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 10 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 11 Another tipping question: concierges
- 12 Trip Ideas
- 13 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 14 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 15 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 16 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 17 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 18 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 21 Spain in July
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 24 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 25 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay