I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 2 Vienna to Bratislava
- 3 a loss about Paris
- 4 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 5 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 6 Paris---baguette question???
- 7 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
- 8 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 9 15 Days in Italy - Venice & Rome
- 10 Want to Meet the Locals? Try Camping
- 11 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 12 What type of visa is right for me?
- 13 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 14 RHK's Fall escape
- 15 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 16 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 17 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 18 Christmas Eve
- 19 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 20 Olive farm visit in Tuscany - olive harvest, oil pressing
- 21 Berlin
- 22 Glassblowing in Prague
- 23 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 24 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 25 From Barcelona to Valencia… and the not-quite-beaten path in between