I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Guide in Russia
- 2 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Switzerland
- 5 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 6 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 7 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 8 Visiting Zurich
- 9 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 10 Zadar or Sibenik
- 11 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 13 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 14 Rent a Car?
- 15 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 16 Whistle stop family road trip
- 17 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 18 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 19 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 20 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 21 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 25 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee