I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 2 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 5 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 6 base in brussels
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 11 Uber vs. TfL
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 14 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 17 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 18 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 19 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 21 Lille Braderie 2017
- 22 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 25 Norther Spain first Iteniary