I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reset Yahoo password Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540 :6830 YAHOO MAIL d*j
- 2 London in Winter Report
- 3 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 4 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 5 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 6 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 7 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 8 3 nights in Madrid
- 9 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 10 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 13 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 14 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 15 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 16 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 17 Threat Level in UK
- 18 Cartagena Spain
- 19 Itinery help Crete
- 20 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 21 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 22 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 23 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 24 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 25 Graz in January