I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 2 Provence to Nice driving
- 3 When and how to book for a trip?
- 4 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 5 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 6 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 7 Sicily or Rome
- 8 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 9 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 10 Wine Tours from Pienza
- 11 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 12 Lake Como by travel around by sailboat?
- 13 Lake Como - basta!
- 14 Advice on Renting a Car in Italy
- 15 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 16 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 17 Italy
- 18 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 19 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 20 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 21 German Train travel
- 22 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 23 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 24 Westin Palace Hotel in Madrid
- 25 Switzerland/Italy Advice