I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 2 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 3 5 day home base between Venice and Florence with Teenage boys?
- 4 Help with Basque Country in Spain and France
- 5 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 6 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 7 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 8 Car rental insurance woes
- 9 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 10 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 11 Road tripping: Isle of Skye to London
- 12 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 13 Edinburgh and Scotland experts—comments on itinerary (beta version!)
- 14 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 15 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 16 12 Days in Italy
- 17 Paris recommendations?
- 18 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 19 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 20 Amalfi and Tuscany for 20th anniversary trip
- 21 Umbria and Piedmont
- 22 Norway Fjords
- 23 Iceland or the Nordic countries in May with children ?
- 24 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 25 Car and Driver in Italy