I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin to Dingle?
- 2 Where can I get Russian rubles?
- 3 Eiffel Tower in mid-June without pre-booking
- 4 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 5 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 6 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 7 3-week itinerary - Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia - too ambitious?
- 8 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 9 Train or flight from Paris to Munich?
- 10 Itenerary Opinion
- 11 Knockoff Designer bags in uk?
- 12 Britain Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 A road trip to Florence
- 14 Transportation
- 15 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 16 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 17 Swiss art displays
- 18 Bus fine Italy
- 19 Taragona best way there from Barcelona
- 20 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 21 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 22 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 23 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 24 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 25 Krakow with photos