I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Daytrip to France from London?
- 1 first european holiday itinery
- 2 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 5 7 days in Andalucia
- 6 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 7 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 8 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Euro Train
- 11 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 12 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 13 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 14 Traveling within Italy
- 15 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Florence in October
- 20 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 21 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 22 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 23 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.