I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Daytrip to France from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 2 22 year olds in Europe
- 3 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 4 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 5 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 6 Coffee in Naples
- 7 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 8 A Sardinia trip report
- 9 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 10 First time Ireland trip
- 11 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 12 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 16 All Set To Go!!
- 17 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 18 Granada
- 19 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 20 Eastern Europe
- 21 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 22 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 23 Azores
- 24 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 25 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City