I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Theater in London
- 2 Umbria / Le Marche
- 3 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 4 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 5 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 6 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 7 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 8 Food in Positano
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 11 Katyn massacres
- 12 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 13 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 14 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 15 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 16 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 17 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 18 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 19 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 20 Ireland hotel questions
- 21 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 22 Italy
- 23 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 24 3 weeks in Spain
- 25 Emergencies in Ireland