I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Daytrip to France from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 2 Granada, Spain hotel choice
- 3 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 4 New Discoveries at Ostia Antica.
- 5 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 6 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 7 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 8 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 9 Lucca, Italy - flea/antique market?
- 10 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 11 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 12 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 13 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 14 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 15 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 16 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 17 Scotland day tour
- 18 England sites not to miss
- 19 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Tuscany without a car - towns and walking/hiking holiday
- 22 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 23 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 24 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 25 Casual men's dress in Paris