I just booked a last minute fire sale to London from USA and I only have a month to prepare before we go. I am really excited. This is our third trip to London but this time we will stay a week. Last two times were two days before we went on a cruise. We will not do a cruise or any other places to stay this time. Just a whole week in London.
We are wondering if it is possible to take a day trip to France. Not Paris because it is too big and not enough time to explore plus too long round trip on train for Paris.
What we are hoping to do is see some charming villages along the coast of France, maybe in Normandy. I don't know where/what is the fastest way to get there(train or ferry) and enjoy all day exploring and take a night train/ferry back. Can this be done? Which village(s) do you recommend or not?
I want not to waste time going places and use the time to see places that are worth it.
Daytrip to France from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 2 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 3 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 4 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 5 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 6 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 7 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 8 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 9 Day trip from London to Paris
- 10 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 11 Transportation in Barcelona
- 12 Ste Remy France
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 Europe in 21 days
- 15 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 16 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 17 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 18 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 19 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 20 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 21 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 22 5am arrival in Dublin
- 23 What are the best places to see in England
- 24 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 25 Owners Direct Rentals?