My husband and I will be traveling to Nice in October with my mother who is of a certain (but non-disclosable) age. She can certainly walk on her own but long walks and hills need to be limited. For this portion of our trip, we will not have a car so we are looking for day trips via public transportation. I would like to hear about which destinations you think might work best--where we can take public transportation but not have to walk miles to the main sights from the bus/train station. Would Monte Carlo work under these circumstances? How about Eze or St. Paul de Vence? Any other destinations you would suggest?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 2 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 3 Croatia Ferry Help
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 getting to CDG
- 7 Ireland hotel questions
- 8 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 12 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 13 Switzerland in November?
- 14 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 15 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 18 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 19 Barcelona cooking classes
- 20 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 4 days itinerary for France
- 24 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 25 3-4 days Netherland trip