My husband and I will be traveling to Nice in October with my mother who is of a certain (but non-disclosable) age. She can certainly walk on her own but long walks and hills need to be limited. For this portion of our trip, we will not have a car so we are looking for day trips via public transportation. I would like to hear about which destinations you think might work best--where we can take public transportation but not have to walk miles to the main sights from the bus/train station. Would Monte Carlo work under these circumstances? How about Eze or St. Paul de Vence? Any other destinations you would suggest?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 2 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 3 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Thinking about the Fjords
- 6 Athens Help
- 7 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 8 Rome to Venice
- 9 Alitala
- 10 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 11 Bordeaux to Nice
- 12 Whathello Paris
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 15 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 16 One free day in Barcelona
- 17 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 18 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 19 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 20 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 21 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 22 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 23 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 24 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 25 Supplements in Carry on bag