My husband and I will be traveling to Nice in October with my mother who is of a certain (but non-disclosable) age. She can certainly walk on her own but long walks and hills need to be limited. For this portion of our trip, we will not have a car so we are looking for day trips via public transportation. I would like to hear about which destinations you think might work best--where we can take public transportation but not have to walk miles to the main sights from the bus/train station. Would Monte Carlo work under these circumstances? How about Eze or St. Paul de Vence? Any other destinations you would suggest?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 Milos beach stay
- 3 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 4 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 5 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 6 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 7 Whistle stop family road trip
- 8 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 9 Tourist Perspective On Croatia
- 10 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 11 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 12 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 13 Appenzell in December?
- 14 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 15 Sao Vicente Hike on Madeira
- 16 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 17 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 18 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 19 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 22 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 23 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 24 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 25 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise