I'm just about all done with my golf trip itinerary to Ireland. The only thing left is that I have a day for travel . The path is from Dublin to Sligo, I plan on staying somewhere half way so I don't have to drive 3 or so hours at night and I also have a day to spare before my reservation. My question is, does anyone know of a nice place/town to stay at halfway there that I can enjoy the Irish countryside? I'm sure I can just point to a place that would be a good place to go, but I would feel better if someone would give me some advice. I saw Longford and Carrick-On-Shannon were on the way but I just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion. Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 House Hunting in France
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 5 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 6 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 7 Itinerary Tweaking
- 8 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 11 Ireland in April
- 12 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 13 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 16 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 17 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 18 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 19 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 20 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 21 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 22 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 23 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 24 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 25 3-4 days Netherland trip