I'm just about all done with my golf trip itinerary to Ireland. The only thing left is that I have a day for travel . The path is from Dublin to Sligo, I plan on staying somewhere half way so I don't have to drive 3 or so hours at night and I also have a day to spare before my reservation. My question is, does anyone know of a nice place/town to stay at halfway there that I can enjoy the Irish countryside? I'm sure I can just point to a place that would be a good place to go, but I would feel better if someone would give me some advice. I saw Longford and Carrick-On-Shannon were on the way but I just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion. Thanks for the help!
Days to spare in between long drives
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 2 London Trip Travel
- 3 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 4 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 5 I dream of Europe
- 6 Weekend in Norfolk
- 7 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 St Germain
- 10 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 11 Cotswold Churches
- 12 Autumn in Paris
- 13 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 14 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 15 Norway 2014
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 18 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 19 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 20 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 21 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 22 Is Venice really dirty?
- 23 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 24 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 25 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris