I'm just about all done with my golf trip itinerary to Ireland. The only thing left is that I have a day for travel . The path is from Dublin to Sligo, I plan on staying somewhere half way so I don't have to drive 3 or so hours at night and I also have a day to spare before my reservation. My question is, does anyone know of a nice place/town to stay at halfway there that I can enjoy the Irish countryside? I'm sure I can just point to a place that would be a good place to go, but I would feel better if someone would give me some advice. I saw Longford and Carrick-On-Shannon were on the way but I just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion. Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 2 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 3 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 4 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 5 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 6 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 7 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 8 Ballet Bolshoi
- 9 Belgian airports
- 10 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 11 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 12 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 13 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 14 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 15 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 16 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 17 Greece Travel Advice
- 18 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 19 European Championship
- 20 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 21 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 22 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 23 Normandy - driving trip
- 24 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 25 12 days, which 4 cities?