I'm just about all done with my golf trip itinerary to Ireland. The only thing left is that I have a day for travel . The path is from Dublin to Sligo, I plan on staying somewhere half way so I don't have to drive 3 or so hours at night and I also have a day to spare before my reservation. My question is, does anyone know of a nice place/town to stay at halfway there that I can enjoy the Irish countryside? I'm sure I can just point to a place that would be a good place to go, but I would feel better if someone would give me some advice. I saw Longford and Carrick-On-Shannon were on the way but I just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion. Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 B&Bs in Ireland
- 5 travel fan 220v?
- 6 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 9 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 10 Guide in Russia
- 11 WWI Battlefields
- 12 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 13 Visiting Zurich
- 14 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 15 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 21 Zadar or Sibenik
- 22 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 24 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 25 Rent a Car?