I'm just about all done with my golf trip itinerary to Ireland. The only thing left is that I have a day for travel . The path is from Dublin to Sligo, I plan on staying somewhere half way so I don't have to drive 3 or so hours at night and I also have a day to spare before my reservation. My question is, does anyone know of a nice place/town to stay at halfway there that I can enjoy the Irish countryside? I'm sure I can just point to a place that would be a good place to go, but I would feel better if someone would give me some advice. I saw Longford and Carrick-On-Shannon were on the way but I just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion. Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 dinner jackets
- 2 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 3 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 4 Vatican City questions
- 5 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 6 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 7 Garda Land
- 8 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 11 2 weeks Europe trip
- 12 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 13 Piedmont as a destination
- 14 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 15 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 16 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 20 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 21 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 22 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 23 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 24 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 25 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help