I'm just about all done with my golf trip itinerary to Ireland. The only thing left is that I have a day for travel . The path is from Dublin to Sligo, I plan on staying somewhere half way so I don't have to drive 3 or so hours at night and I also have a day to spare before my reservation. My question is, does anyone know of a nice place/town to stay at halfway there that I can enjoy the Irish countryside? I'm sure I can just point to a place that would be a good place to go, but I would feel better if someone would give me some advice. I saw Longford and Carrick-On-Shannon were on the way but I just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion. Thanks for the help!
Days to spare in between long drives
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 2 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 3 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 4 Ireland's west coast
- 5 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 6 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 7 Rocamaxour
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 11 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 12 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 13 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 14 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 15 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 16 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 17 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 18 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 19 England in 7 days
- 20 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 21 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 22 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 23 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 24 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 25 To Prague or not to Prague