I am set to land in Frankfurt in mid-July & will make my way to Amsterdam, then Berlin, Prague, Vienna, etc finishing in Rome, in that order. I have 5 weeks with me.
Is there a small charming village / must-see town (in Germany, or then Belgium / Netherlands) that I can visit from Frankfurt for a day-trip or 1N halt? It would help if it is in general direction towards Amsterdam / has good connection to Amsterdam.
I would be traveling solo & always use public transportation.
Day-trip/short-trip from Frankfurt using public transportation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 2 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 3 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 4 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 5 5 Observations About Paris
- 6 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 7 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 8 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 9 Taormina Sicily
- 10 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 11 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 12 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 13 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 14 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 16 Iwango went…to Nice
- 17 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 18 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 19 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 20 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 21 Granada
- 22 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 23 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 24 Pyrenees logistics
- 25 Airport ATMs