I am set to land in Frankfurt in mid-July & will make my way to Amsterdam, then Berlin, Prague, Vienna, etc finishing in Rome, in that order. I have 5 weeks with me.
Is there a small charming village / must-see town (in Germany, or then Belgium / Netherlands) that I can visit from Frankfurt for a day-trip or 1N halt? It would help if it is in general direction towards Amsterdam / has good connection to Amsterdam.
I would be traveling solo & always use public transportation.
Day-trip/short-trip from Frankfurt using public transportation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transposed names on TGV tickets
- 2 Sicily in seven days
- 3 Your favorite hotels in Poland & Amsterdam?
- 4 Trains
- 5 Airb2b in Paris
- 6 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 7 Croatia help
- 8 Helsinki vs Talinn vs Gdansk vs ???
- 9 Mama Mia…Sagrada Familia Question
- 10 Central Europe - 16 Days
- 11 Help. I can't seem to learn new languages at my age. English spoken in Prague, Vienna, and Frankfurt??
- 12 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 13 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 14 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 15 French Countryside (west) with side trip to Puy du Fou
- 16 Please tell me about your Russian visa experience.
- 17 3 Full Days in Paris... What are the must sees?
- 18 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 19 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 20 Easter holidays in Spain, loved it!
- 21 UK with Kids
- 22 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 23 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 24 Nuremberg on a Business Trip
- 25 Pisa..where to stay?