I am set to land in Frankfurt in mid-July & will make my way to Amsterdam, then Berlin, Prague, Vienna, etc finishing in Rome, in that order. I have 5 weeks with me.
Is there a small charming village / must-see town (in Germany, or then Belgium / Netherlands) that I can visit from Frankfurt for a day-trip or 1N halt? It would help if it is in general direction towards Amsterdam / has good connection to Amsterdam.
I would be traveling solo & always use public transportation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 2 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 3 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 4 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 5 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 6 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 7 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 8 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 9 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 10 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 11 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 12 Oyster card?
- 13 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 14 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 15 London Theater
- 16 multi city flights to europe
- 17 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 18 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 19 Switzerland in September
- 20 Milan and Lake Como
- 21 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 22 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 23 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 24 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 25 Shorts in South of France?
Day-trip/short-trip from Frankfurt using public transportation