I am set to land in Frankfurt in mid-July & will make my way to Amsterdam, then Berlin, Prague, Vienna, etc finishing in Rome, in that order. I have 5 weeks with me.
Is there a small charming village / must-see town (in Germany, or then Belgium / Netherlands) that I can visit from Frankfurt for a day-trip or 1N halt? It would help if it is in general direction towards Amsterdam / has good connection to Amsterdam.
I would be traveling solo & always use public transportation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 3 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 4 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 5 God Save the Queen?
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 9 Italy Car Scam
- 10 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 11 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 12 Iceland early december visit
- 13 Paris to Italy
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 16 8 Days in Spain
- 17 9 Days in Spain
- 18 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 22 Milan or Turin
- 23 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 24 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 25 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
Day-trip/short-trip from Frankfurt using public transportation