I am set to land in Frankfurt in mid-July & will make my way to Amsterdam, then Berlin, Prague, Vienna, etc finishing in Rome, in that order. I have 5 weeks with me.
Is there a small charming village / must-see town (in Germany, or then Belgium / Netherlands) that I can visit from Frankfurt for a day-trip or 1N halt? It would help if it is in general direction towards Amsterdam / has good connection to Amsterdam.
I would be traveling solo & always use public transportation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 2 RHK's Fall escape
- 3 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 4 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 5 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 6 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 7 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 8 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 9 Long Layover at the Heathrow Airport London
- 10 2 days in Aeolian Islands
- 11 Baviaran Alps End April Good idea?
- 12 Edgard bus website English version?
- 13 Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day
- 14 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 15 Europe Itinerary
- 16 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 17 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 20 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 21 Car rental/return near London
- 22 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 23 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 24 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 25 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
Day-trip/short-trip from Frankfurt using public transportation