I am set to land in Frankfurt in mid-July & will make my way to Amsterdam, then Berlin, Prague, Vienna, etc finishing in Rome, in that order. I have 5 weeks with me.
Is there a small charming village / must-see town (in Germany, or then Belgium / Netherlands) that I can visit from Frankfurt for a day-trip or 1N halt? It would help if it is in general direction towards Amsterdam / has good connection to Amsterdam.
I would be traveling solo & always use public transportation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy-Switz family of 6: June 2015
- 2 Hand Gliding in Europe
- 3 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland
- 4 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 5 1st Time in Europe
- 6 Spending money
- 7 October too late for the Italian lakes?
- 8 booking the train from Pompeii to Rome
- 9 Guesthouse in Bad Gastein
- 10 electrical adaptor plugs
- 11 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 12 2 nights in Cinque Terre
- 13 Shannon airport to Galway
- 14 buying Eruos in advance
- 15 Taking wine home from France
- 16 Where Europeans Vacation
- 17 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 18 Help & advice on trip to Scotland
- 19 Ireland, Sardinia YAY!! Need suggestions please...
- 20 Victoria and Albert Museum
- 21 Europe Excursion
- 22 Avignon
- 23 September in Switzerland
- 24 One Week France, Mid Oct, after Paris
- 25 Prague
Day-trip/short-trip from Frankfurt using public transportation