I'm wondering if its possible to do some day trips around Italy whilst staying in Florence and Rome.
Myself and my boyfriend will likely be going from Venice to Florence and staying in Florence for about 6 days then Heading to Rome for another 6 . I would love to see smaller places like Positano or Riomaggiore, along the coast. I am basically just looking for suggestions of other places worth seeing besides the obvious Florence and Rome and if it is possible to see these places in day trips or if we should book hotels to stay at instead.
Day trips while in Italy - best place to stay
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Germain
- 2 Lakes District UK
- 3 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 4 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 5 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 7 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 8 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 9 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 10 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 11 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 12 Rome Areas to stay
- 13 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 14 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 15 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 16 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 17 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 18 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 19 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 20 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 21 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 22 When to go to Sicily
- 23 Wengen to Torino?
- 24 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 25 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car