Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 2 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 3 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 4 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 5 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 6 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 7 European Jazz Festivals (2015)?
- 8 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 9 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 10 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 11 Amsterdam to Brussels train connection question
- 12 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 13 men's shoes spain
- 14 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 15 Unique Venice Activity
- 16 Traveling in France by train
- 17 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 18 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 21 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 22 London visit
- 23 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 24 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 25 Need help with Europe Itinerary