Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 2 IWM
- 3 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 4 16 days in France and Italy
- 5 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 6 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 9 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 10 quickest way to Prague
- 11 Paris for children
- 12 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 13 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 14 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 15 Scotland - We're Here!
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 17 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 18 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 19 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 20 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 21 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 22 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 23 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 24 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 25 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??