Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 2 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 3 What train pass for Paris?
- 4 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 5 Help please navigating Barajas (Madrid) airport
- 6 Amsterdam historical walking tour
- 7 Munich to Milan via train
- 8 Must do/see in Rome
- 9 London: Can't walk far. Where should we stay.
- 10 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 11 Sim cards for Bulgaria, Urkaine and Romania
- 12 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 13 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 14 A plethora of islands
- 15 The isles in June
- 16 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 17 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 18 Berlin Itinerary
- 19 Rome - Venice, or Rome - Amalfi Coast?
- 20 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 21 Toll roads in Italy
- 22 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 23 what to do in florence
- 24 Need help with Vatican and Colosseum Info. PLEASE!
- 25 Winery tours
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??