Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 2 rail pass
- 3 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 4 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 5 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 6 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 7 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 8 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 9 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 10 Germany for 3 weeks
- 11 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 12 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 13 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 14 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 15 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 16 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 17 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 18 Great restaurants in Italy
- 19 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 20 Scotland and northern England
- 21 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 22 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 23 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 24 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 25 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?