Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 chip and pin credit cards
- 2 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 3 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit
- 4 France and Spain: 14 days: no set plans, HELP!!!
- 5 A plea ... help me salvage (current) trip
- 6 Narrowed down itinerary, but still need help finishing in Munich
- 7 Chiemsee or Walchensee? (Bavarian lakes roadtrip)
- 8 15 nights in Italy
- 9 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 10 Getting from Orvieto to Spoleto (Italy)
- 11 Paris in the Heat - Packing
- 12 Strasbourg or Montpellier?
- 13 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 14 Weekend destination in Ireland
- 15 Where to catch bus at Glasgow Airport
- 16 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 17 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 18 Is Chateau Latour in Medoc only for buyers?
- 19 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 20 Tuscany literature
- 21 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 22 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 23 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 24 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 25 HELp with Milan /N Italy itinerary
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??