Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Marseille
- 2 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 3 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 4 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 5 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 Zurich, Switzerland
- 8 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 11 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 12 Hotel in Venice
- 13 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 14 Day trips
- 15 London tube
- 16 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 17 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 18 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 19 Swiss rail passes
- 20 Day trip on the Rhine
- 21 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 22 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 23 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 24 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 25 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary