Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 2 Which european city?
- 3 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 4 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 5 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 6 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 7 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 8 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 9 American Express
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 12 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 13 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 14 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 15 Three ferries to Mull
- 16 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 17 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 18 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 19 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 20 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 21 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 22 Story of the German Christmas star
- 23 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 24 Airport ATMs
- 25 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??