Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 2 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 3 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 7 Day trips from Florence
- 8 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 9 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 10 May get together in Paris
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Madrid/Lisbon
- 13 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 14 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 15 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 16 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 17 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 18 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 19 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 22 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 23 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 24 Oporto
- 25 Sao Miguel, Azores
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??