Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 2 Day bike ride from Weissenkirchen to Melk
- 3 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 6 Amsterdam in August
- 7 My San Sebastian ideas
- 8 Santorini
- 9 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 10 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 11 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 12 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 13 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?
- 14 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 15 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 16 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 17 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 18 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 19 Spoleto, Bevagna, Montefalco or Spello?
- 20 Access from Normandy American Cemetery to Beach No Longer Accessible
- 21 Seville Itinerary
- 22 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 23 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 24 6 x Day Roadtrip in the Andalucia Region
- 25 First timers to Italy
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??