Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where should we go in early- to mid-May: Spain, Greece, Croatia?
- 2 Sardinia- which northeast town?
- 3 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 4 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 5 Croatia
- 6 Please Help with Destination City In Belgium
- 7 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 8 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 9 Buying Italian train tickets online
- 10 Bologna Restaurants
- 11 Use of a Schwab Bank ATM Card in France
- 12 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 13 COSMOS Tour- 9 day Irish Explorer
- 14 German Wings
- 15 Amalfi, Capri, Sicily, Sardinia, or croatia
- 16 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 17 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 20 In Paris on my own
- 21 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 22 Bologna: Aperitivo Time
- 23 Spain in 17 days
- 24 Malaga article
- 25 Booking Engines You trust?