Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 evening tours of Agrigento in Sicily?
- 2 Help with Slovenia / Croatia itinerary.
- 3 Need recommendations for car rental agencies in Crete and Naxos
- 4 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 5 Andalucia Itinerary
- 6 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 7 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 8 Best of SW Norway in 5 days; Bergen, Alesund, fjords
- 9 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 10 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 11 Day Trip From London
- 12 day trip from Glasgow
- 13 Southern Puglia Italy
- 14 London-Paris summer 2016
- 15 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 16 Suggestions of where to go for a 12 day car hire in Spain
- 17 Malaga resort day pass ?
- 18 Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
- 19 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 20 My summer in Paris
- 21 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 22 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 23 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 24 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 25 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??