Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 2 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 3 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 4 Swiss Travel Pass
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 7 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 8 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 24 hours in Zurich
- 11 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 12 Summer Travel order
- 13 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 14 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 15 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 16 Trip suggestion
- 17 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 18 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 19 Spain in July
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 22 Dijon in December!
- 23 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 24 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 25 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??