Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 Iceland 3 day layover
- 3 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 4 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 7 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 8 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 9 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 10 Milos beach stay
- 11 Paris to Bordeaux
- 12 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 13 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 14 WWI Battlefields
- 15 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 16 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 17 Train travel
- 18 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 19 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 20 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 21 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 22 Christmas Markets 2017
- 23 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 24 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 25 US AARP discounts in Europe
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??