Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental insurance woes
- 2 Road tripping: Isle of Skye to London
- 3 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 4 5 day home base between Venice and Florence with Teenage boys?
- 5 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 6 12 Days in Italy
- 7 Paris recommendations?
- 8 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 9 Help with Basque Country in Spain and France
- 10 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 11 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 12 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 13 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 14 Amalfi and Tuscany for 20th anniversary trip
- 15 Umbria and Piedmont
- 16 Norway Fjords
- 17 Edinburgh and Scotland experts—comments on itinerary (beta version!)
- 18 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 19 Iceland or the Nordic countries in May with children ?
- 20 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 21 Car and Driver in Italy
- 22 Le Marche Research Help
- 23 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 24 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 25 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??