Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Banning Fodors
- 2 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 3 4-6 weeks
- 4 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 5 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 6 France, Italy and Greec
- 7 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 8 Rome---August and September
- 9 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 10 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 11 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 12 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 13 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 14 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 15 South of France November Trip Report
- 16 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 17 Clearsky Holidays
- 18 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 19 Suggestions for too many days in Milan
- 20 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 21 Luggage sizing
- 22 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 23 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 24 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 25 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United