Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona completely overrated
- 2 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 3 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 4 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 5 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 6 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 7 Ireland & Amsterdam
- 8 Holland Itinerary
- 9 Car Trawler
- 10 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 11 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 12 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 13 weather/ flowers in bloom for a duoro river cruise in March or April
- 14 I forgot my international driver permit
- 15 Printing Jungfrau Pass
- 16 Lucerne Activities - early October
- 17 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 18 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 19 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 20 Stay away from EF Tours
- 21 5 Days in Dublin
- 22 Baltic Cruise?
- 23 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 24 Northern Italy and a bit of Bavaria, a family trip
- 25 Ordering in a Deli
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??