Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 2 Athens or Istanbul in Nov'15 Solo female traveller
- 3 Madrid and Seville in February ?
- 4 Budapest main train station status
- 5 Alone in Paris
- 6 Ira, Ira, Ira, who is Ira?
- 7 where to go in between hallstatt and prague?
- 8 Train strikes - Spain
- 9 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Go To Paris
- 10 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 11 Ice for a cooler
- 12 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 13 Greece/Turkey/Croatia
- 14 how best to arrive to sarlat from paris
- 15 honeymoon eats and drinks
- 16 House/villa in Italy or France
- 17 What to do other then museums in Rome. 2 full days?
- 18 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 19 Swimming in late September or early October
- 20 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 21 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 22 lodging in/near madrid
- 23 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 24 London - Home From Home Apartment Rental Agency
- 25 Itinerary Check-In
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??