Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What should we eat in Portugal?
- 2 Cornwall or Paris?
- 3 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 4 Globus Tours
- 5 Paris Taxi
- 6 Paris T A X I
- 7 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 8 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 9 Portugal - Coastal Guidance
- 10 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 11 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 12 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 13 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 14 Apartment cooking in Paris
- 15 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 16 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 17 Amsterdam: the food : tip report day 1
- 18 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 19 spain
- 20 Help with Madrid Location
- 21 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 22 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 23 2 full days in Paris
- 24 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 25 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?