Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome---August and September
- 2 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 3 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 4 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 5 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 6 South of France November Trip Report
- 7 Nice or Marseille??
- 8 Dresden or Leipzig
- 9 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 10 Trains in Italy
- 11 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 12 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 13 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 14 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 15 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 Moving to Belfast
- 18 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 19 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 20 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 21 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 22 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 23 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 24 4-6 weeks
- 25 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?