Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 2 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 3 Paris Under Seige...
- 4 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 5 First Trip to Europe!
- 6 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 7 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 8 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 9 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 10 visa appointment experience
- 11 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 12 Rue des Rosiers
- 13 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 14 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 15 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 16 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 17 Brief trip report Naples
- 18 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 19 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 20 What to take to Germany
- 21 Scotland Trip
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 24 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 25 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??