Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??
- 1 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 2 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 3 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 4 British drivers
- 5 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 6 A full week in The Netherlands
- 7 Prague Main Train Station
- 8 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 9 Spain Travel
- 10 Venice in Jan
- 11 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 12 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 13 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 14 Southern France
- 15 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 16 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Public transport from Ostuni
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Itinerary Questions
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 25 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?