Hope some Italy experts can help me!
We are trying to decide whether to base ourselves for our three week Italy trip in Spoleto the whole time and do day trips to Le Marche (Ascoli Piceno and Macerata areas) or to do two weeks in Spoleto and then a week in Le Marche.
It's just if we stay three weeks in Spoleto we have got a really good (cheap!) price on the house we are renting..., plus we are travelling with two small children so easier to stay in one spot.
I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to travel from Spoleto to Ascoli Piceno - I keep reading about tunnels that make the trip quick, but can't find exact details.
Just want to know if taking day trips to Marche is a totally crazy idea or not...any thoughts???
Day trips to Le Marche from Spoleto - realistic or crazy??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 2 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 3 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 4 Cornwall or Paris?
- 5 Madrid: City Views
- 6 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 7 Amalfi Coast in October
- 8 Does this make sense re tour downloads?
- 9 Terrorism in Europe
- 10 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 11 ITALO trains need help
- 12 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 13 Italy and Switzerland--September/October 2013
- 14 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 15 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 16 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 17 Itinerary Suggestions for South of Spain and Portugal
- 18 biking in France
- 19 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 20 London for Free
- 21 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 22 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 23 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 24 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 25 Renewing our vows in Venice