My bf and I are going to Europe for 15 days (2 days taken out for flights) starting in Italy then moving on to France in early September. We have never been. We're 29/30 and enjoy arts (but don't want to spend all days just in museums etc.) as we also like to take in the culture by sitting at local restaurants/cafes - people watch, stroll along streets. So far we've planned the following:
Rome - 4 nights, 3.5 days (0.5 day is when we first arrive there)
Florence - 3 nights, full 3 days (as taking the train in AM)
Venice - 2 nights, full 2 days (as taking the train in AM)
Paris - 7 nights, 7.5 days (flight from Venice to Paris in AM, 0.5 day is when we depart home)
We`re kind of torn as to whether we should adjust this. We would want to do a bit of Tuscany: Chianti, Pisa. (We`re saving Cinque Terre for next time we`re in Italy as I read you really need to spend 2 nights there to enjoy).
What are your thoughts in 3 nights and 3 full days in Florence. Perhaps on arrival from Rome we stay in Florence, next day we take a tour from Florence https://www.walkaboutflorence.com/tours/best-tuscany-tour and 3rd day back in Florence? Or do you suggest dividing up Chianti, Pisa, Siena in to 2 days? and extending Florence stay removing from Venice to 1 night, 1.5 days?
Thanks for all your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 2 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 3 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 4 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 9 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 10 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 11 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 12 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 13 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 14 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 15 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 16 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 17 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 driving from prague to salzburg
- 20 Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Germany train help!
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 dining on the 25th in Dublin