My bf and I are going to Europe for 15 days (2 days taken out for flights) starting in Italy then moving on to France in early September. We have never been. We're 29/30 and enjoy arts (but don't want to spend all days just in museums etc.) as we also like to take in the culture by sitting at local restaurants/cafes - people watch, stroll along streets. So far we've planned the following:
Rome - 4 nights, 3.5 days (0.5 day is when we first arrive there)
Florence - 3 nights, full 3 days (as taking the train in AM)
Venice - 2 nights, full 2 days (as taking the train in AM)
Paris - 7 nights, 7.5 days (flight from Venice to Paris in AM, 0.5 day is when we depart home)
We`re kind of torn as to whether we should adjust this. We would want to do a bit of Tuscany: Chianti, Pisa. (We`re saving Cinque Terre for next time we`re in Italy as I read you really need to spend 2 nights there to enjoy).
What are your thoughts in 3 nights and 3 full days in Florence. Perhaps on arrival from Rome we stay in Florence, next day we take a tour from Florence https://www.walkaboutflorence.com/tours/best-tuscany-tour and 3rd day back in Florence? Or do you suggest dividing up Chianti, Pisa, Siena in to 2 days? and extending Florence stay removing from Venice to 1 night, 1.5 days?
Thanks for all your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 3 First time in London
- 4 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 Self drive tour companies
- 7 scotland
- 8 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Ischia
- 11 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 12 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 13 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 14 Barcelona
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 17 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 18 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 19 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 20 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 21 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?