My bf and I are going to Europe for 15 days (2 days taken out for flights) starting in Italy then moving on to France in early September. We have never been. We're 29/30 and enjoy arts (but don't want to spend all days just in museums etc.) as we also like to take in the culture by sitting at local restaurants/cafes - people watch, stroll along streets. So far we've planned the following:
Rome - 4 nights, 3.5 days (0.5 day is when we first arrive there)
Florence - 3 nights, full 3 days (as taking the train in AM)
Venice - 2 nights, full 2 days (as taking the train in AM)
Paris - 7 nights, 7.5 days (flight from Venice to Paris in AM, 0.5 day is when we depart home)
We`re kind of torn as to whether we should adjust this. We would want to do a bit of Tuscany: Chianti, Pisa. (We`re saving Cinque Terre for next time we`re in Italy as I read you really need to spend 2 nights there to enjoy).
What are your thoughts in 3 nights and 3 full days in Florence. Perhaps on arrival from Rome we stay in Florence, next day we take a tour from Florence https://www.walkaboutflorence.com/tours/best-tuscany-tour and 3rd day back in Florence? Or do you suggest dividing up Chianti, Pisa, Siena in to 2 days? and extending Florence stay removing from Venice to 1 night, 1.5 days?
Thanks for all your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://supplementbase.com/ak-garcinia-slim/
- 2 Amalfi Coast help
- 3 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 4 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 5 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 6 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 7 Itinerary Help
- 8 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 9 House Hunting in France
- 10 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/tengenix-reviews/
- 11 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 12 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 13 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 14 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 15 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 16 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 19 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 20 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Portugal with large family
- 25 Help with out two middle days in Puglia