My bf and I are going to Europe for 15 days (2 days taken out for flights) starting in Italy then moving on to France in early September. We have never been. We're 29/30 and enjoy arts (but don't want to spend all days just in museums etc.) as we also like to take in the culture by sitting at local restaurants/cafes - people watch, stroll along streets. So far we've planned the following:
Rome - 4 nights, 3.5 days (0.5 day is when we first arrive there)
Florence - 3 nights, full 3 days (as taking the train in AM)
Venice - 2 nights, full 2 days (as taking the train in AM)
Paris - 7 nights, 7.5 days (flight from Venice to Paris in AM, 0.5 day is when we depart home)
We`re kind of torn as to whether we should adjust this. We would want to do a bit of Tuscany: Chianti, Pisa. (We`re saving Cinque Terre for next time we`re in Italy as I read you really need to spend 2 nights there to enjoy).
What are your thoughts in 3 nights and 3 full days in Florence. Perhaps on arrival from Rome we stay in Florence, next day we take a tour from Florence https://www.walkaboutflorence.com/tours/best-tuscany-tour and 3rd day back in Florence? Or do you suggest dividing up Chianti, Pisa, Siena in to 2 days? and extending Florence stay removing from Venice to 1 night, 1.5 days?
Thanks for all your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 2 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 5 Iceland car rental agencies
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 8 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 9 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 10 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 11 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 12 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 13 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 14 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 15 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 16 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 17 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 18 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 19 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 20 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 21 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 22 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 23 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 24 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 25 Maximizing Norway time