My bf and I are going to Europe for 15 days (2 days taken out for flights) starting in Italy then moving on to France in early September. We have never been. We're 29/30 and enjoy arts (but don't want to spend all days just in museums etc.) as we also like to take in the culture by sitting at local restaurants/cafes - people watch, stroll along streets. So far we've planned the following:
Rome - 4 nights, 3.5 days (0.5 day is when we first arrive there)
Florence - 3 nights, full 3 days (as taking the train in AM)
Venice - 2 nights, full 2 days (as taking the train in AM)
Paris - 7 nights, 7.5 days (flight from Venice to Paris in AM, 0.5 day is when we depart home)
We`re kind of torn as to whether we should adjust this. We would want to do a bit of Tuscany: Chianti, Pisa. (We`re saving Cinque Terre for next time we`re in Italy as I read you really need to spend 2 nights there to enjoy).
What are your thoughts in 3 nights and 3 full days in Florence. Perhaps on arrival from Rome we stay in Florence, next day we take a tour from Florence https://www.walkaboutflorence.com/tours/best-tuscany-tour and 3rd day back in Florence? Or do you suggest dividing up Chianti, Pisa, Siena in to 2 days? and extending Florence stay removing from Venice to 1 night, 1.5 days?
Thanks for all your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris travel help
- 2 Day in Capri
- 3 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 6 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 9 Rome hotel
- 10 Villa in Italy
- 11 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 12 Help me make this possible!
- 13 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 14 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 15 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 16 One night in the Dolomites
- 17 Vatican tour
- 18 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 19 Places to stop/stay?
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 22 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 23 Route Information
- 24 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 25 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?