We are staying 1 week in Varenna, Lake Como. We are taking the train from Milan (after couple days there) and we are ending the trip with a train ride to Zurich(2 days there). The trip will be in the beginning of August.
We are 5 adults + 1 toddler.
We are looking for easy day trips w/restaurant suggestions.. i.e. we will be traveling at a leisurely pace. Walk through town, long lunch..
Please also suggest places for dinner in/near Varenna. We will not have a car.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My 60th birthday surprises
- 2 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 5 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 6 Help with first time trip with family
- 7 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 8 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 9 Verona or Athens?
- 10 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 11 Spain car rental questions
- 12 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 13 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 14 Basque country ideas
- 15 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 16 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 17 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 18 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 19 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 22 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 23 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 24 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 25 European Cooking Secrets