We are staying 1 week in Varenna, Lake Como. We are taking the train from Milan (after couple days there) and we are ending the trip with a train ride to Zurich(2 days there). The trip will be in the beginning of August.
We are 5 adults + 1 toddler.
We are looking for easy day trips w/restaurant suggestions.. i.e. we will be traveling at a leisurely pace. Walk through town, long lunch..
Please also suggest places for dinner in/near Varenna. We will not have a car.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples or Genoa
- 2 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 3 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 4 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 5 I forgot my international driver permit
- 6 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 7 Prague old town
- 8 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 9 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 10 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 11 Train Ticket Help
- 12 Home base for a month in France?
- 13 5 Days in Dublin
- 14 Greece in 15 Days
- 15 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 16 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 17 Our European adventures
- 18 20 free days of Europe
- 19 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 20 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 21 Bordeaux TRIP
- 22 Barcelona completely overrated
- 23 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 24 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 25 Munich restaurant recs